What's new

Leio's PLA military photos (kinds of military equipments)

WS-20 engine is specially design for this C919 , not really crucial for Y-20. Y-20 will go operational with WS-18 first.
Anyways let's fix engine problem first, even C919 also need mature domestic engine to replace current GE engine. :-)

WS-20
11158581_448615.jpg
W020140106396395762940.jpg
1113961483_14210355747781n.jpg
003212kbpcyr222n6c6b6p.jpg

As for South Korea, well i thought their KF-X fighter is developing quite well/according to plans? Didnt know they had many issues developing this fighter. Maybe you can tell me more. I don't know much about their fighter program. :what: They can use our help if they do have issues, afterall, we are not as fussy as the U.S when it comes to business/cooperation.:D
Before KF-X, S.Korea just built T-50 trainer worked with U.S Lockheed ... Aviation design from the jet trainer to stealth fighter, there's a big gap which need time & money & experience accumulation. And as far as i knew, now the funds for KF-X stealth fighter both S.Korea and Indonesia government invested didn't over $ 1billion yet (S.Korea 60%, Indonesia 20%, rest search for foreign customers) ... right now the KF-X project is still a concept and CGI on the paper, and i do believe S.Korea need foreign wind tunnel support to it .

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
99f6e1fb625a43698b38e5a86abef534.jpg

Last edited:
@mike2000 is back Another problem S.Korea will meet when design a stealth fighter, it's CNC moulding integrated tech and Lazer 3D printing alloy metal /Titanium alloy tech ... it's the key production tech to build the stealth fighter body and nobody (including U.S/China/Russia etc) can export it.

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Last edited:
Before KF-X, S.Korea just built T-50 trainer worked with U.S Lockheed ... Aviation design from the jet trainer to stealth fighter, there's a big gap which need time & money & experience accumulation. And as far as i knew, now the funds for KF-X stealth fighter both S.Korea and Indonesia government invested didn't over $ 1billion yet (S.Korea 60%, Indonesia 20%, rest search for foreign customers) ... right now the KF-X project is still a concept and CGI on the paper, and i do believe S.Korea need foreign wind tunnel support to it .

View attachment 269066 View attachment 269067 View attachment 269068 View attachment 269069 View attachment 269070

South Korea is a small country. For what they achieved in aviation is already quite a feat. China is a different class and will be unfair if compare to them. :D

Looks like a mixed of PAFKA and Su-27.

New photo

To admit, I'm still not convinced and I'm almost sure that I've seen that image already a few years ago.
Even more it is clearly a Su-34-prototype - still lacking the targeting device behind the front gear bay but it already has the typical Su-34's fixed intake with only one boundary air control opening instead of the many ones on the fighter-Flanker on the bottom of the intake as well these are AL-31F-engines ... and I'm almost sure any new SAC-Flanker would use the WS-10A or an uprated version.

Deino

@mike2000 is back Another problem S.Korea will meet when design a stealth fighter, it's CNC moulding integrated tech and Lazer 3D printing alloy metal /Titanium alloy tech ... it's the key production tech to build the stealth fighter body and nobody (including U.S/China/Russia etc) can export it.

View attachment 269072 View attachment 269073 View attachment 269074 View attachment 269075 View attachment 269076 View attachment 269077 View attachment 269078 View attachment 269079

You are wrong about comparison with SOuth Korea engineering ability. They are far more advanced than China, approach Japan leverage.
Find out more about Korloy, Taegu tek...

You are wrong about comparison with SOuth Korea engineering ability. They are far more advanced than China, approach Japan leverage.
"Far More Advanced"? @cnleio provided such detailed information on China's capability on aerodynamic design and structural manufacturing which are crucial in the design and manufacturing of fighters, while you just assert this and provide little evidence to support your point? Now can you PROVIDE EVIDENCE to prove South Korea's capability on aerodynamic design and structural manufacturing? Or can you make a overall comparison on China and South Korea's engineering ability?
Meanwhile your definition of "Advanced" in "engineering ability" is problematic, being advanced in one or two areas can not represent they are "Far More Advanced". South Korea can not even build domestic Rockets capable of sending up their satellites, which represents the highest level of overall industrial capability. ARE THEY ADVANCED? What's more, you do not even have a concept on China's industrial capabilities, please be modest, do not assert and show off your ignorance. Ignorance is not your fault, but showing off your ignorance is your fault.
My professor, who used to be the Principal Engineer of Aeromechanics at GE Aviation and took part in the design of GE90-115B told us: "China's industrial capabilities may seem to us, lagged behind in some areas because we only compare them to the best in the world. " And I don't have the ability to evaluate China's engineering capability is "Far More Advanced" than any another country, only experts can.
@Deino Please stop this "Expert" from trolling everywhere...

U know nothing ... Do u think Korean car famous than Russian car, then Korea owned advanced aviation industry than Russia ??? Russian didn't have a famous car brand like Korean Hyundai/ KIA but they can build space rocket, jet fighter and jet engine, what about S.Korea ? What u think S.Korea engineering ability far more advanced than China ? coz Korean cars ... LOL !!! I just tell u a truth that u never know, pls stop troll.

@BoQ77, here ur understand is limited only come from what u see in Vietnam ... pls Google S.Korea T-50 jet trainer how worked with U.S Lockheed, then tell me how far more advanced than China. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wind tunnel and core-production tech is the basic key to building modern aircraft ... "Made in China" isn't the cheap goods ... coz we(China) built NUKE & ROCKET & SATELLITE & AIRCRAFT in 1960s far far far earlier than u thought, today many nations still struggle for it which Chinese did in half-century ago.

Auto Industry =/= Aviation Industry & Space Industry, but aviation industry really more advanced.

Lockheed Martin T-50 Multirole Trainer, read carefully :D
1.jpg

Last edited:
"Far More Advanced"? @cnleio provided such detailed information on China's capability on aerodynamic design and structural manufacturing which are crucial in the design and manufacturing of fighters, while you just assert this and provide little evidence to support your point? Now can you PROVIDE EVIDENCE to prove South Korea's capability on aerodynamic design and structural manufacturing? Or can you make a overall comparison on China and South Korea's engineering ability?
Meanwhile your definition of "Advanced" in "engineering ability" is problematic, being advanced in one or two areas can not represent they are "Far More Advanced". South Korea can not even build domestic Rockets capable of sending up their satellites, which represents the highest level of overall industrial capability. ARE THEY ADVANCED? What's more, you do not even have a concept on China's industrial capabilities, please be modest, do not assert and show off your ignorance. Ignorance is not your fault, but showing off your ignorance is your fault.
My professor, who used to be the Principal Engineer of Aeromechanics at GE Aviation and took part in the design of GE90-115B told us: "China's industrial capabilities may seem to us, lagged behind in some areas because we only compare them to the best in the world. " And I don't have the ability to evaluate China's engineering capability is "Far More Advanced" than any another country, only experts can.

Based on your logic, North Korea is superior than South Korea or Canada because they launched sat.
No !!! SK has no motivation to develop MRBM or ICBM. They simply saved a lot and hire Russian to launch their sats.

For popular, domestic car and ship building of SK is advanced than China. For example, Daewoo exported millions cars back to 1990s.
Nowaday several Chevrolet designs inherited from SK designs.
It shows us that their manufacturing ability is excellent. Hyundai, Doosan ... also are good brands in construction vehicles.

For aircraft, it's notable that a small in area country like SK could produce Gen 5 and their opportunity to export is quite clear with Indonesian deal. If they don't have any project of domestic aircraft, it's not any surprise, but they have.

Tell me why SK need to develop aircraft engines ? while they could get the license and built themselves like GE F404, F110, T700-701K, LM500, LM2500 gas turbines

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom