What's new

Lahore to decide....PTI or PMLN ?

Lahore belongs to

• Total voters
Public funds used for Sharif rally in DG Khan

By Abdul Manan
Published: October 20, 2011

278030-nawaz-1319085456-269-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: Nawaz Sharif appears to be conducting his whirlwind campaign tour partly at the public’s expense: the Punjab government spent approximately Rs4 million in arranging for the PML-N chief’s rally in Dera Ghazi Khan, despite the fact that Sharif holds no government office and is only the head of the province’s ruling party.

Sources told The Express Tribune that the Punjab government directed the commissioner of DG Khan division to make arrangements for Nawaz’s rally, providing Rs1 million to each of the four district coordination officers (DCOs) in the division.
According to sources familiar with the matter, the money was used to rent tents and over 9,000 chairs to be set up in a stadium. In addition local PML-N workers as well as patwaris were given money for fuel to gather party supporters to the rally. :laugh:
Since it would be illegal to make arrangements for Nawaz’s visit, government financial records were falsified to show that the money had been used for a visit by Nawaz’s brother, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
“We can’t show Nawaz Sharif’s visit in DG Khan in our expenditures details since he is not entitled to this, so we have showed Shahbaz Sharif’s visit in our [expenditure] heads,” said one senior official in the DG Khan division administration.
DG Khan Commissioner Muhammad Tariq denied the allegations, saying they are baseless. When asked how the event was paid for, he smiled and said that “the party has borne all the expenses.”
Punjab government spokesperson Senator Pervaiz Rasheed did not answer phone calls from The Express Tribune seeking comment.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 20th, 2011.

Public funds used for Sharif rally in DG Khan – The Express Tribune

Oops !!

Qaraz Utharo, Mulk Sawaaro... his Qaraze Hasana scheme was a total scam where people literally handed blank cheques, mothers their Jewelry, people their hard earned salaries for the sake of Pakistan, but he even ate that money too.... such greedy family and morally corrupt people they're. I'm amazed at some Pakistani here who still supports them - they too have a hand in bringing Pakistan to this state by electing such inept and wrong people.

The people here who support him are PNL-N workers and their families. I dont think aam hard-working educated Pakistanis would support this thief anymore. Thanks to news channels and talk shows, people are now aware of these thieves. Before in the 90's people were unaware of these thieves.

There is no doubt that PML-N has improved the infrastructure in Lahore at the expense of other cities in Punjab. I heard Lahore gets like majority of Punjab's budget. And most of the Lahoris I've met favour PML-N.

unfortunately nakam league will won the next election because punjab has 150 no of seats including islamabad out of 272. if nawaz got 80% seats mean 120 that means he have the majority to make the government. nawaz will not get anything from baluchistan, may get 5 to 8 seats from khayber pukhtoonkhuwah due to hazara people. he dont have a chance to get any from karachi and hyderabad, sind may give him 6 or 7 due to the lottas of qanjar Q league which will support or come back to nakam league.
In next election lord pagara in sindh will support nakam league, sheikh rasheed will join nakam league and signs are appearing that he is ready..
the dharna rasheed has done in lahore was backed by n-league, n-league will support sheikh in place of haneef abbasi due to haneef inconsistency of staying in the party.
I love Imran khan,but his time is not started yet, the time will be the 2018 election, the election that will happen after the upcoming election. at the moment imran is just the pressure group, a group that push nawaz at the backfoot to take back the q league again so that status quo will maintain, this status quo is supported by ppp, n league, q league, army, beareaucracy and the world.
imran is only allowed to pressurize the n league, same tactics that played by jamate islami in the past, the problem jamati is facing is right now is that they are so much defame that they are now become spendable assets that just spended, there is a need of new pressure group which might fulfiiled by the imran.

There is no doubt that PML-N has improved the infrastructure in Lahore at the expense of other cities in Punjab. I heard Lahore gets like majority of Punjab's budget. And most of the Lahoris I've met favour PML-N.

yeah you are right, they support dengue brothers.
Late Taseer rightly said G.T road ki party..

unfortunately nakam league will won the next election because punjab has 150 no of seats including islamabad out of 272. if nawaz got 80% seats mean 120 that means he have the majority to make the government. nawaz will not get anything from baluchistan, may get 5 to 8 seats from khayber pukhtoonkhuwah due to hazara people. he dont have a chance to get any from karachi and hyderabad, sind may give him 6 or 7 due to the lottas of qanjar Q league which will support or come back to nakam league.
In next election lord pagara in sindh will support nakam league, sheikh rasheed will join nakam league and signs are appearing that he is ready..
the dharna rasheed has done in lahore was backed by n-league, n-league will support sheikh in place of haneef abbasi due to haneef inconsistency of staying in the party.
I love Imran khan,but his time is not started yet, the time will be the 2018 election, the election that will happen after the upcoming election. at the moment imran is just the pressure group, a group that push nawaz at the backfoot to take back the q league again so that status quo will maintain, this status quo is supported by ppp, n league, q league, army, beareaucracy and the world.
imran is only allowed to pressurize the n league, same tactics that played by jamate islami in the past, the problem jamati is facing is right now is that they are so much defame that they are now become spendable assets that just spended, there is a need of new pressure group which might fulfiiled by the imran.

I think you are trying to be too much like our neighbouring country who always look in their crystal ball to predict the future. You are human and can not predict the future.

Even the most uneducated person in a village in Punjab knows that if Nawaz Sharif gets elected in next elections, things will be exactly the same in the country. There will be no change at all. Economy will still suffer, food prices will still be up, Pakistan will still be attacked by U.S. drone strikes, violence will not stop, bombings will not be stopped, load-shedding will not be stopped. There is no difference between Zardari and Nawaz. Even PML-N supporters in this forum have said dont expect a change from Nawaz in foreign policy and national policy.

Imran Khan will bring change to Pakistan. You will see when he is President or Prime Minister he will tell U.S. to stop drone attacks, if U.S. doesn't listen he will tell Pak Army to shoot down the drones. And he will stop all NATO supplies permanently. NAWAZ WILL NEVER HAVE THE SPINE TO DO THAT.

And there is 1 and half years for election, so lets see what happens in this one and half year before election day. 2 years ago, PTI had very little support and look at the huge support for PTI today.

Yes you are right about the Punjab Budget being spent on Lahore... and its disgusting how CM of Punjab acts like a mayor of Lahore...

I have yet to meet a one who whole heartedly supports N league, I can also recall the support we have given to him in the past....compare it...and you would love to know its their "end game" :D

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

abhi bhi?

i hope ur wrong.

:fie:

oh dont worry, this is just disinformation... even my die hard jiyala car mechanic has turned green and red :D

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

yeah you are right, they support dengue brothers.
Late Taseer rightly said G.T road ki party..

oh come on... Ask anyone in Lahore (other than political workers of any party) who they think is the right choice... and they answer Imran khan...

Ok maybe I exaggerated the amount lol. But the upper middle class people I've met from Lahore like the people living in Bahria Town were staunch supporters of Ganja's Nanga League. Not to mention even my dad has started to support Nanga League :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Ok maybe I exaggerated the amount lol. But the upper middle class people I've met from Lahore like the people living in Bahria Town were staunch supporters of Ganja's Nanga League. Not to mention even my dad has started to support Nanga League :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

well, it is hard to convince the old school as they have spent lives supporting N league... I can recall those days, but let bygones be bygones... and focus on bringing the positive change...

IK has never said old school is with me, he always say youth is with me..which makes up 70%, with 35 million potential voters...

Right now I can say with surety every house is indulged in a debate Imran khan or Nawaz sharif... this was not the case in 2008... those at ShahAlmi market never even wanted to listen IK's name are talking about supporting IK. those at Barandas road that called IK to be on ISI's payroll are now supporting him, those families from Ichara Market or Allama Iqbal road that never thought in their lives to support anyone but Mian sahib, are now inviting IK to address Tajir Baradari... back in 2008 PTI could have only dreamed of opening a office on Ichara main road, now they themselves have opened a huge office of PTI, which they could easily rent out for 1-2 lac per month...but they are committed to PTI...

if any supporter of Nawaz Group deny these facts, they are just fooling themselves !!

can my father influence me to vote N league ??? he better kill me rather...

In 1940 our forefathers gathered in this ground to create Pakistan.
Today I call on you to gather in the same ground to save Pakistan.

I will wait for you at Minar-e-Pakistan on Oct 30 at 2 pm for this - Imran Khan , Chairman PTI

Leader isn't t better we Give vote to PML-N at provincial level and On National Assembly level we give vote to Imran khan?

your dad supports ganja??????

Leader did you read Ata ul Haq Qasmi articles in Jang about Imran Khan supporters who abused him?

Back
Top Bottom