What's new

Lady Gaga cancels Indonesia concert after threats from Islamic hardliners

Islamic extremists won't be happy until we are all again living in the year 115BC

Free thought and creative expression is a big no no in the eyes of these idi ots.
This is not the case. The concept of extremism extends to vulgarity as well.

Western societies are trying to justify vulgarity under the garb of freedom of thought and expression.

Islamic extremists won't be happy until we are all again living in the year 115BC

Free thought and creative expression is a big no no in the eyes of these idiots.

Even if you have an " anything goes " fight between Islamic Hardliners and Gaga, i think she will kick their a**.

I'm surprise no one upload her one of her performance in this thread.

Respect every country's culture, value and belief. No one has the right to call another one an extremist. Or else he/she will herself/himself be categorized in the same extremist band wagon but that he/she will be representing opposite end of extremism.

You culture accepts nudness --- others not. Live and let live.

She is too ugly and fake... guys she is NOT a blonde either but lot of people think she is blonde.She tries to imitate Maddona but fails miserably.She dyes her hairs blonde and wears various stupid wigs.She is the WORST EVER FAKE western pop singer I have ever seen. :bad:

I am always amused by all these brunettes going for the "hot sultry blonde" Marilyn Monroe (also a brunette!) look. Madonna, Christina Aguiera, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, ...

Gives you a peek into their "creativity" and how much of their success is pure marketing hype.

Back on topic, although the threat of violence was wrong, it is not unusual for municipalities to ban performances because the security overhead would be too much for the city to bear. There are also morality reasons when the subject matter is deemed to violate community norms of decency.

New Zealand bans penis puppetry - theage.com.au
Qld bans penis puppetry - smh.com.au

In the above cases, the city council said the event was banned from city property, but could proceed in private avenues. However, in small cities, there is often no realistic alternative so the ban effectively becomes absolute.

I gave the example of Pakistan to make my point clear. Your counter-argument is irrelevant.

Spice Girls were once given permission to perform in Pakistan. However, some people objected due to their inappropriate dressing.

Not all societies are like yours. Get over it.

Not all societies harbor your Al-Qaida/Talibani mentality and issue threats. Nor should they. Get over it.

This is not the case. The concept of extremism extends to vulgarity as well.

Western societies are trying to justify vulgarity under the garb of freedom of thought and expression.

Dancing and singing is not vulgarity.

Actually some members found excuse to bash Islamic hard-liners once more in this thread.

Why shouldn't islamic hard-liners be bashed? They are complete morons along with all other hard-liner religious nutcases.

Dancing and singing is not vulgarity.
Why shouldn't islamic hard-liners be bashed? They are complete morons along with all other hard-liner religious nutcases.

You are taking hard line.

These are not hardliners, these are regular normal people who are against devil.

ladygagaindonesiaprotes.jpg

PSent_gagaindonesiaprotest.jpg

dude, they are hardliner

------------------------------

and this is our minister says about Gaga's concert

If You Don?t Like It, Don?t Watch, Djoko Says of Gaga | The Jakarta Globe

Back
Top Bottom