What's new

Lady Gaga cancels Indonesia concert after threats from Islamic hardliners

One wonders what rock you might be living under, because all manner of profanity and vulgarity exist in Muslim majority countries - but if one find something objectionable and of course one has to PAY to buy a ticket, just don't buy a ticket, what's this about threatening violence all the time - perhaps this is the way to deal with Islamists, threaten them with violence if they open their mouths or if they so much as raise their eyes -- sad ? yes, but unless these people are dealt with on the terms they wish to impose on all of us, well, we are digging our own graves by not tackling this evil with full force.
They tackled the evil and Lady Gaga now can not do concert in Indonesia Sir Music is considered evil in Islam and should be banned with full force

So, please practice the same -- lady GAGA or any performer/show person, put on a SHOW, if and when the show is not appealing to the audience, they don't buy tickets - if effect, they are giving a vote and seeking a change - all with out threats of violence --- please be mindful, Islamists are a minority, when they begin threatening people, the first people who will get hurt when these majority responds, is the Islamists.

Most people are confused, they say that Quran begin with God the Merciful and Compassionate - but it seems "Muslims" seem to hear and understand only violence, don't you think this perception needs to be changed??

The phots show women holding posters saying "Go to Hell" -- Is that the Muslim way? Honestly, Is that the Muslim way? -- I think I know that you know, it's not - so don't support silly hateful stuff.

You and many others are offended by some performers, some lyrics - instead of reacting with hostility, just avoid them, don't buy their music, don't go to their shows
Sir sorry we can't allow this vulgarity even take place in Muslim areas if they try to than it is duty of Islamic Governments to punish them severely and what lady Gaga to if you see in light of Quran and Sunnah will take her to hell their is no doubt on it I salute lions of Islam in Indonesia

I saw her live performance in India when the F1 crap were taking place .
Did anyone noticed the mike she was holding ? :lol:
Man.......she was holding a plastic penis and sometimes while singing she kissed it .

All hail lady wah-wah

And you were so offended that you not only paid for the experience, but also sat thru the show???

Actually, many people in the West have also been critical of her. Not just "those backward Muslims".

In fact, many of her songs have a lot of satanic elements. Go listen and watch her music videos carefully if you don't believe. That is the main reason why some folks don't like her. Not to mention the obscenity :lol:

But her songs sell though.

Actually, many people in the West have also been critical of her. Not just "those backward Muslims".

In fact, many of her songs have a lot of satanic elements. Go listen and watch her music videos carefully if you don't believe. That is the main reason why some folks don't like her. Not to mention the obscenity :lol:

But her songs sell though.
Critical? Is that the best you can do? Try threats of violence.

Did anyone ask the most important question: Why the sold out shows?

Because there is a lot of fans of her here in Indonesia. ;)

The point here is: She is being threatened by extremists, quoting she is a devil. The one who has stopped her is not the government (which is secular, so I was correct the govt won't stop her) but threats from extremists.

And looking at the record of handling the extremist, it's better for her to cancel the concert.:)

The point here is: She is being threatened by extremists, quoting she is a devil. The one who has stopped her is not the government (which is secular, so I was correct the govt won't stop her) but threats from extremists.
Governmental decisions are not always based on religious sensitivities. The nature of leadership also matters.

You can expect current government of Pakistan to give permission to Lady Gaga too, if she wishes to perform in Pakistan. But this does not indicates that current government of Pakistan is secular. Therefore, your point is moot.

Do you support unofficially threatening someone like this to stop "vulgarity"?
I do not condone threats at personal capacity. Peaceful protest is decent method to convey a message. But then in our age, peaceful protests do not necessarily yield desired results.

In case of Indonesia, threats prevented the concert to take place. Maybe, this is why they were issued in the first place.

P.S. She could be a victim of terrorism if she had proceeded, which could have, God forbid, significantly damaged Indonesia's reputation.
She made a wise decision.

For those that have a little trouble with their identification, a quick reference chart.

This is a singer:total risk that young men may do things in their room they dont want their mothers walking in on.
lady-gaga-300.jpg

This is a terrorist:Killed 202people injured 260
2352639_medium.jpg

Which one does the work of the devil?
Listen genius!

Stop equating terrorists with religious hard-liners.

I like her Music and even went to her Concert in Toronto

but her dresses are weird and its a gimmick that gets people talking and increases her profile

I am guessing next time she may make a music video relating to burkha :rofl: ...

Governmental decisions are not always based on religious sensitivities. The nature of leadership also matters.

You can expect current government of Pakistan to give permission to Lady Gaga too, if she wishes to perform in Pakistan. But this does not indicates that current government of Pakistan is secular. Therefore, your point is moot.

Country where protests are held for Osama, anything is possible.

I do not condone threats at personal capacity. Peaceful protest is decent method to convey a message. But then in our age, peaceful protests do not necessarily yield desired results.

In case of Indonesia, threats prevented the concert to take place. Maybe, this is why they were issued in the first place.

If you don't like her, you can always not buy tickets. But not "convey your message" by threats. That was a hilarious point you'd just made.

Back
Top Bottom