What's new

Kurds protest wall being built by Turkey - clash with police

If you take Kerkuk and split it up, you will have parts that are majority Kurdsih, majority Arab, majority Turkmen. However, if you take Kerkuk as a whole and look at the overall demographics, I am pretty sure the majority are either Kurds or Arabs. I never heard Kerkuk was majority Turkmen. Maybe at some time it was, but not today.

If you take Kerkuk and split it up, you will have parts that are majority Kurdsih, majority Arab, majority Turkmen. However, if you take Kerkuk as a whole and look at the overall demographics, I am pretty sure the majority are either Kurds or Arabs. I never heard Kerkuk was majority Turkmen. Maybe at some time it was, but not today.

Yes, so.

Ethnicites that came in later, if you take a look at the history of Kerkuk the presence of Kurds and Turks is a joke compared to the rest of it’s history.
KRG was cleansing Kerkuk from Arabs after 2003 paying them to leave, news video confirmed it. The hypocricy of article 140 that wants to revert Arabization yet turn a blind eye and even continue Kurdification, ofcourse none of us will go by 140 only Kurds mention it.

After all, it’s an Iraqi city, like Arbil, it’s name has been Arbil like forever yet Kurds want to make it Hawler. IMO the only lands of Iraq that belong to Kurds & Iranians is Suleymaniyah.
Dohuk is Assyrian Christian.

But doesn't matter, the whole story isn't finished anyway, ME burning isn’t over, some retard will start more wars.

That is a stupid analogy and will not solve anything. Looking at these things from a historical perspective has never been a solution. What about Amediya ( Media), Zaxo, Rawandiz, Halabja, Maxmur? All of these are traditional Kurdish cities that even formed strong principalities, kingdoms and tribal confederations earlier.

Hewler is just the Kurdish name for it. Some call it Ardabil, others Erbil. It is just different names. Last I checked, the airport was still called Erbil officially.

Assyrians want to claim a lot of things in South Kurdistan. And even in Arab Iraqi areas. Now, there might somewhere back have been an empire called Assyria that stretched beyong many borders. But what is the point of bringing that to today's analogy? It makes no sense.

Rather we should look at this from a demographic point of view. For instance, the Kurds in Syria (PYD) are not displacing the Arabs that were settled in the '' Arab Belt'' by Haffez Assad in order to seperate Kurds. Rather they are co operating with these Arabs and not forcing them to leave or anything like that. They could easily displace them and connect the Kurdish lands again. But they don't. This is the approach that needs to be.

I am started to be curious what are you really heart about reality. Turks not Majority in Kerkurk. Millions supporting an internationally Recognized organization. 900m fence in a 950000 m border became a Berlin wall. You are saying borders artifical. What we will we do invade syraia and Iraq Kurdistan?

I am started to be curious what are you really heart about reality. Turks not Majority in Kerkurk. Millions supporting an internationally Recognized organization. 900m fence in a 950000 m border became a Berlin wall. You are saying borders artifical. What we will we do invade syraia and Iraq Kurdistan?

If you have a source stating that Turks are majority today, you can share it with us. Besides, I do not see why it is relevant. I already told you, I have nothing against Kurds, Arabs, Turks, Persians living side by side.

Yes, so.

Ethnicites that came in later, if you take a look at the history of Kerkuk the presence of Kurds and Turks is a joke compared to the rest of it’s history.
KRG was cleansing Kerkuk from Arabs after 2003 paying them to leave, news video confirmed it. The hypocricy of article 140 that wants to revert Arabization yet turn a blind eye and even continue Kurdification, ofcourse none of us will go by 140 only Kurds mention it.

After all, it’s an Iraqi city, like Arbil, it’s name has been Arbil like forever yet Kurds want to make it Hawler. IMO the only lands of Iraq that belong to Kurds & Iranians is Suleymaniyah.
Dohuk is Assyrian Christian.

But doesn't matter, the whole story isn't finished anyway, ME burning isn’t over, some retard will start more wars.

Btw i know Kerkuk history and i was curious about his thoughts as usual he knows nothing. Probably he doesnt know anything about burned birth Records too.

That is a stupid analogy and will not solve anything. Looking at these things from a historical perspective has never been a solution. What about Amediya ( Media), Zaxo, Rawandiz, Halabja, Maxmur?
You need to give the official name of cities, I don’t know the Kurdish names such as Rawandiz , Maxmur.

Hewler is just the Kurdish name for it. Some call it Ardabil, others Erbil. It is just different names. Last I checked, the airport was still called Erbil officially.
Ofcourse the name is Erbil officialy, KRG can’t change the names officialy since it’s part of Iraq. But Barzani who is actually an Iranian wants to change all that. If you look at the history of those cities they were not founded by Kurds or Medians, Kurds always claim to be Medians.
Medians are from Iran .. deep inside of Iran, Kurds being Iranian people is not unknown either.

Assyrians want to claim a lot of things in South Kurdistan. And even in Arab Iraqi areas. Now, there might somewhere back have been an empire called Assyria that stretched beyong many borders. But what is the point of bringing that to today's analogy? It makes no sense.

The thing is that Iraqi Arabs and those that call themselves Assyrian share a lot with each other to the opposite with Kurds whom are Iranian peoples. Assyrians and Iraqi Arabs, same people but different through Arabization, language, partially culture and for most religion.
Bringing it back since it's part of history.
I have no idea with what you can back your claim of these cities being Kurdish, history shows completely the opposite. But after all, the truth is none of this will matter in reality, what part belongs to what will be determined by politicians, none of them will open a history book to look at history at deciding that.

Of course they were not founded by Kurds. Nor were they founded by Arabs or Iraqis. All these ethnicities did not exist 3000-5000 years ago. They might have been founded by Assyrians or some other ancient people. We do not know. All we know is that Kurds have been living there for at least a couple of centuries and that they formed kingdoms and principalities both during early Sassanid and Ottoman rule.

Medians are the ancestors of many different people. A lot of Iranian people are said to be descendants of the Medians. Medians were one of the ancestors of Kurds. Kurds have always been natural settlers of Northern Zagros and Northern Mesopotamia. Those areas include Zakho, Rawanduz and Amediye and the areas around Soran emirate.

Also, I do not know what you mean by Barzani being an Iranian. Kurds are all Iranian so naturally Barzani is also an Iranian.

Of course they were not founded by Kurds. Nor were they founded by Arabs or Iraqis. All these ethnicities did not exist 3000-5000 years ago. They might have been founded by Assyrians or some other ancient people.

The natives of Mesopotamia. Which aren't Arabs neither Kurds your right, Arab presence in Iraq before the Islamic conquest were tribes, the majority of the population wasn’t Arab. Iraq’s Arabs are Arabized, they are close to the natives, look at their dialect and the common words with the ancient languages of the land, look at the culture and many other things.

We do not know. All we know is that Kurds have been living there for at least a couple of centuries and that they formed kingdoms and principalities both during early Sassanid and Ottoman rule.
]
That’s after Cyrus conquered Assyria.

Medians are the ancestors of many different people. A lot of Iranian people are said to be descendants of the Medians. Medians were one of the ancestors of Kurds. Kurds have always been natural settlers of Northern Zagros and Northern Mesopotamia. Those areas include Zakho, Rawanduz and Amediye and the areas around Soran emirate.
Then I guess we disagree.

Also, I do not know what you mean by Barzani being an Iranian. Kurds are all Iranian so naturally Barzani is also an Iranian.

Yes, that’s just my point. Iranian peoples & Arbil, Kerkuk have nothing to do with each other, the 2 are even divided by Semetic and Indo European.

To be honest I do not know much about the history of neither Erbil or Kerkuk. And to be honest, it really does not matter. It is a political dispute and not a historical one.

My point to begin with was just that Kerkuk it not majority Turkish ( I guess our friend means Turkmens, but whatever) which I hope you can confirm.

To be honest I do not know much about the history of neither Erbil or Kerkuk. And to be honest, it really does not matter. It is a political dispute and not a historical one.

My point to begin with was just that Kerkuk it not majority Turkish ( I guess our friend means Turkmens, but whatever) which I hope you can confirm.

Numbers unknown, last time a count was made was decades ago.

Any election that could indicate anything?

Wikipedia only shows a number count of somewhere in the 80’s.
Election is complicated in that province, I don’t really follow the elections and parties of the country that much, can’t help you with it.

Any election that could indicate anything?
Yes PKK have legal party in Turkey gets max 5 percent even Kurds not voting them 95 againist 5 percent.

Btw a strange result in some parts PKK gets 100 percent of votes. Even candidates not voting them selfs.

You may ask why i am telling this this guy talking about human rights.

But he is not replying anything about Kurds killed by PKK. Babies childeren doctors nurses teachers burned teenagers and pregnant women alive too.

Ahh their Master who is in jail. Says we need to gave up weapons. And forcing them too.

And this guy says he is Supporting An Internatinally Recognized Terrorist Organization like Al-Kaida.

Last thing he is not living in Turkey. So he is not our problem.

It is not just my opinion. It is the opinion of majority of the people being affected. So actually, your opinion does not matter. Neither does Turkey's. Go ahead and build it if you think it will last. I see two possible solutions

1) They do not build it. Everyone is happy
2) They build it. It is torn down in a few years like the Berlin wall.

Either way, the wall will not last.

Kerkuk being majority Turkish? Source please. Also, I have no problem with Kurds living alongside Turkmens in Kerkuk.

Yeah sure, why don't you become a fortune-teller. You will earn some money from talking BS.

Back
Top Bottom