Kishore Kumar vs Mohammad Rafi

Kishore vs Rafi

• kishore kumar

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Mohd Rafi

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
One can't compare them

Personally I like Kishore Da more but Rafi Ji was genius in his own right.

Subah uthke romantic songs by Kishore aur sham ko Rafi. Works fine for my mind:enjoy:

For me Rafi for happy and romantic songs and Kishore for sad songs

Rafi had a very sweet voice, while Kishore had a very manly voice. Both of them were very good singers but very different singers, so the comparison is not really valid

There can be no comparison.

Both sang in different genres, each had different places.

Both were equally versatile.

Its like the Sun & the Moon - both give light , both have an ir replaceable place in our lives.

BTW, Kishore revered K L Saigal. Listen to this song, simply unbelievable and too sweet (some of Gen Y might get bored with this :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
You can never compare them. Just enjoy old music. we already have many vs thread for everything. So better to let these singer to R.I.P. :)

Although there can be no comparison, there is something called personal taste and mine is Kishore.

One of the best melodies in Bollywood even singer Manna de said that this song can only be possible with Kishore kumar

Last edited by a moderator:
Rafi - sweet wine ,roohafzaa ka maza
Kishore - brisk ,crispy and changeable

For love songs - rafi
For all songs - kishore

rafi- great human,calm cool
kishore - harassed by life , little sanki (crack):P

People arguing why can't we have versus thread for legends. I believe there could be and my dad and I used to have the same for getting to know the traits and characteristics of these singers/actors/actress.

In my opinion Mohd Rafi was way much better singer than Kishore Kumar. Rafi got one of the toughest songs in Bollywood and performed excellently for e.g. to sing "O duniya ke Rakhwale" He took such a high node that blood came from his throat. Rafi made 60s a classic era for Music of India where the movies used to get silver jubilee only if Rafi and Sahir's songs were there in the movie. When Lata and Rafi fought over the songs, Rafi was still hit with Suman Kalyanpur and hence Lata has to comeback for negotiation.

Though the biggest fan base currently belongs to Kishore and he was such an impromptu singer that he could add anything, any style and even useless words as well. His personality was charismatic and that refers in his singing.

Well i like almost all songs of rafi from sad to romantic but thats not true for kishore kumar. Some songs of kishore are excellent but some of them he just sung for sake of singing

Back
Top Bottom