What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
If i m not wrong this Figure was given by Amnesty International but i could not find the link...
how many are there according to u?
Don't tell me Kashmirs are not been killed & raped by Indians
Freedom Fighter for one is Terrorist for other..

Ok lets see....

I give the figures...you add them Up.....

1. There are 77 CRPF battalions in J&K, of which 62 arein Kashmir. (One Battalion = 1100 Men)

2. There are 18 Battalions of Jammu and Kashmir Armed Police.(One Battalion = 1100 Men)

3. There are 30 Army battalions in Kashmir, or around 30,000 men.

Please add them up.....

And now you will ask for some link for Source of Information..... which I can provide...

CRPF begins partial rollback from Jammu and Kashmir - dnaindia.com

'CRPF, BSF must shed fatigues' - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper, Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir - 30 CRPF companies withdrawn, 5 Police battalions to be raised: DGP

The links tell different news but the numbers are crucial.

But can you provide me a link of news item " Amnesty International Report" that you claim Gives this figure of 700000........

hey now listen turn ur binoculars again towards me, give complete history, first there were amendments in the Real Radcliff Award by Lord Mountbatten & Gurdaspur & Amritsar were given to India & a road was built to pave way for troop deployment & Tribals came in when there were Muslim Massacres, there were people who were told to gather because they will be transported to Pakistan but all of them were executed....

is NWFP a disputed territory???? simply say Yes or No, okk

Any news item on history that claims ..Muslims were killed in Kashmir in 1947....that provoked Pakistan to send ....Gurillahs.......

A terrorist is a terrorist...your or mine....he deserves to be killed.....

Ok lets see....

I give the figures...you add them Up.....

1. There are 77 CRPF battalions in J&K, of which 62 arein Kashmir. (One Battalion = 1100 Men)

2. There are 18 Battalions of Jammu and Kashmir Armed Police.(One Battalion = 1100 Men)

3. There are 30 Army battalions in Kashmir, or around 30,000 men.

Please add them up.....

And now you will ask for some link for Source of Information..... which I can provide...

CRPF begins partial rollback from Jammu and Kashmir - dnaindia.com

'CRPF, BSF must shed fatigues' - India - NEWS - The Times of India

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper, Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir - 30 CRPF companies withdrawn, 5 Police battalions to be raised: DGP

The links tell different news but the numbers are crucial.

But can you provide me a link of news item " Amnesty International Report" that you claim Gives this figure of 700000........

This comes out to be 202,700 :blink:
Links are all Indian & by the way Indians are not that fools that they will give the actual number of troops...
I could not find that link :hitwall:
But anyways 202,700 is impossible...

Blue boy turn ur Binoculars towards me :D

anyways Its a fact that freedom fighters for one are terrorists for others, u have doubt about it???
Don't tell me that 7,00,000 troops there are on picnic & there are no missing persons there

troops are for counter-insurgency madam... why would we deploy 7,00,000 troops to counter unarmed civilians?...
I like the way you pretend to be dumb.

This comes out to be 202,700 :blink:
Links are all Indian & by the way Indians are not that fools that they will give the actual number of troops...
I could not find that link :hitwall:
But anyways 202,700 is impossible...

Well its up to you to trust anyone...I have some facts....and I have shared them with you....All these news item discuss...Movement or other Activities related to Army and CRPF........so they could not lie.....rest is on you....believe what you want to...

If you are skeptic...add 50% to the figure you got...considering that Indians are hiding 50% troops......

I am still waiting for Amnesty international Report Claiming 700000 Armymen deployed in Kashmir.

troops are for counter-insurgency madam... why would we deploy 7,00,000 troops to counter unarmed civilians?...
I like the way you pretend to be dumb.

:rofl:
Thank u...
But u took wrong meaning...
My point was that 7,00,000 troops are doing Bad Deeds there & there will be some local uprising against the troops, but here again Terrorist for one is Freedom fighter for another

In India you are not a Muslim or a Hindu. When you die... you die for India.. You are an Indian when your body is covered with Tiranga then being a Muslim or Hindu.

And what do you do then? Burn them or dig grave for them?

The difference of religion will remain there, always!

Any idea who is a terrorist ?? Why is someone called a terrorist ?? Any idea what terrorism means ??

Kindly do some research to clear up the concept of a terrorist or terrorism, don't be like illiterate people who use words without knowing what they mean.

As per your above statement, the Indian soldiers who are terrorizing the Indian Occupied Kashmiri's through raping them, then killing them, killing people in fake encounters, torturing people can clearly be classified as terrorist, so i think the Indian soldiers should be killed too. Shouldn't they be ??

Don't come up with a BS kind of statement or explanation justifying the terrorism by Indian soldiers as i do believe you can think better then that or the statements you have posted above.

Just for your ready reference do read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist

Any news item on history that claims ..Muslims were killed in Kashmir in 1947....that provoked Pakistan to send ....Gurillahs.......

There is no Comparison between NWFP insurgency & Kashmir, PA is not committing any crimes against people in Waffen SS style, PA has cleaned that area & locals are happy with them, this was a BS comparison Blue boy...

Here it comes, have a look..
A bloody account of mass massacres
I m quoting 1947 part

August 26: In June 1947, people of Poonch had launched a no-tax campaign against the heavy taxation of Maharaja. To curb the agitation, Maharaja Hari Singh, the last Dogra ruler of the state, ordered the use of brute military force. On August 26 the protesters were confronted by the Dogra-armed forces. The Dogra troops opened bran-gun fire on the huge crowd of 5,000 civilians, martyring and wounding hundreds of them.

October-November: Maharaja Hari Singh fled from Srinagar to Jammu on October 26th 1947, as the liberation activists were poised in Srinagar's suburbs to capture the city. On reaching Jammu, he issued orders to his troops and police besides the Hindu extremist groups, to kill Muslims found anywhere. The Muslims were asked to assemble in parade ground in Jammu so that they would be driven to Pakistan in lorries. While on their way, on October 20, 1947, eight thousand Muslims were massacred at Malatank Jammu. On October 22, 1947 at least 14000 Muslims were massacred at Saniya Jammu and 15,000 Muslims were gunned down near the bridge at Akhnoor.

On November 5 and 6, 1947, more than 100 lories, loaded with women, children and old men were taken into the wilderness of Kuthua forests. Hindu extremists and armed gangs were let loose on these innocent people and an unparallel butchery was perpetrated, killing thousands of them. Women were raped, molested and their valuables looted. All these bloodsheds were taking place in full view of the Indian army, which had by that time occupied a major part of the state. In another act of butchery, a large gathering of 25000 Muslims, in Miran Sahib and Ranbir Singhpora, were machine-gunned.

During migration to Pakistan in 1947, nearly 300,000 people were massacred in cold
British daily "the London Times" wrote on October 10, 1947 in a report from its special correspondent in India that the Maharaja, under his own supervision, got assassinated 237,000 Muslims, using military forces in Jammu area. The editor of "Statesman" Ian Stephen, in his book "Horned Moon" wrote that till the end of autumn 1947, more than 200,000 Muslims were assassinated.

Right from 1947, the fury of mass killings is going on unabated. Kashmiris suffered massacres in 1965 and 1971. Since 1989, India increased its acts of brutalities and people were killed in mass groups.

A bloody account of mass massacres | Kashmir Media Service

:rofl:
Thank u...
But u took wrong meaning...
My point was that 7,00,000 troops are doing Bad Deeds there & there will be some local uprising against the troops, but here again Terrorist for one is Freedom fighter for another

Lady you just calculated... there are less than 300000 Security Personal in Kashmir.....

So please I request you to stop repeating this 700000 or provide the link for Amnesty International report Claiming 700000 Army men in Kashmir...

Anyhow the fact is that many parts of the State have no complaints from the presence of the Indian army. For example, people of Gilgit and Baltistan have no problem with the Indian army. Leaders from Gilgit and Baltistan on the topic have no problem from the Indian army. However their problem is related to the presence of the Pakistan army in Gilgit and Baltistan and many regard it as an army of occupation.

Similarly people of Ladakh have no problem with the presence of the Indian army in Jammu and Kashmir. People from Jammu, and they seem to have no serious issue with the presence of the Indian army. However they had a serious problem with the presence of militants, many of them non Kashmiris, in parts of the Jammu region and wanted the Indian army to root them out.

Majority of people of Pakistani Administered Kashmir criticise what their brothers and sisters have to endure in the Valley, but have no direct problem with the presence of the Indian army (cross border skirmishes and firing created problems for the people, but that generally happened when there was infiltration taking place or when there was tension on the LOC which is manned by the Pakistan army from the other side).

That leaves us with the Valley of Kashmir, main part of the State in many ways; and which has faced wrath of the Indian army since 1989. The Indian army's relationship with the Valley has been different from other areas of the State; hence majority of the people, especially in 1990s regarded the Indian army as 'army of occupation'.

Going by your theory asking for the links for every Muslim massacre that happened during partition I guess u will argue that there were no killings of Muslims in Punjab and bihar either.

Let me rephrase it
"Foreign sponsored terrorists are still struggling in Kashmir. "

Yes, they are struggling and they will struggle till India got the sons like Major J Suresh Suri. And India got huge number of Major Suri.

Lets talk about it shall we?

Terrorist is a word used to define a person who terrorize general public for some gain.....

The people fighting in Kashmir are called terrorists, why? They are fighting the All Great Mighty Indian Army . How come they are terrorists? Please don't tell me they terrorize your Army. Because that would be a disgrace for the All Great Mighty Indian Army

- may allah bless the soul of brave soldier!!!!!

------------- guys i want to say one thing - when a soldier is holding the gun - he have no grudge against the person he is going to shoot - he demand respect for the shear love he shows for his country.

be it freedom fighter or terrorist or civilian , that soldier was doing his duty assigned to him and we must respect him for that .

IF a Pakistani soldier - is killed during a war with india - will stil l demand respect from me - because he is martyr for his country. died giving his duty assigned to him.

-------------------------------

BTW - EMO : i agree kashmiri women were raped and were suffering - by crpf people. but things did change ,

but things are not as black and white - these so called jihadi mullah - are not doing no social service there - they are doing it all for their political gain.
and for themselves. i think you know it too.

a indian soldier is as good as pakistani soldier - yeh crpf -( central reserve police force) cops are as bad as anywhere.

-------------------------------------------------------

and yes - things are always projected - way different in these two coutnries : the way for a Indian - the Pakistani image is projected - it seems like al l pakistani are monsters.

but reality is totally different .

same goes for india too - the reality is way different than the media claimed propaganda. these spineless media people and politicians are the disease who needs to be cured.

dont read too much whats projected to you by media and government generated propaganda.

There is no Comparison between NWFP insurgency & Kashmir, PA is not committing any crimes against people in Waffen SS style, PA has cleaned that area & locals are happy with them...

Here it comes, have a look..
A bloody account of mass massacres
I m quoting 1947 part

A bloody account of mass massacres | Kashmir Media Service

Well this is Pakistan Based Website....so it is presumed to be Biased to tow Pakistan Line.

First of all, these militants have no common support among Kashmiris. JKLF was the only Kashmiri based group that was involved in armed struggle and gave that up in 95-96. After that all separatist leaders in Kashmir have given up violence. Then who does LeT and Hizb represent?

Also, these militants target civilian and politicians an police most of whom are muslims. They have themselves indulged in human rights violation. And because of checks and balances the record for Indian security forces continues to improve. Operations against these militants are conducted based on tip offs from the local kashmiris. The J&K police is involved in any urban operation which is completely local. Even the Kargil incursions was reported by a muslim Shepard in that area. So please try to rectify your view of these LeT and Hizb terrorists. They are not freedom fighters, and even not from the Indian side of Kashmir either.

So how can these militants be considered freedom fighters, when they come from across the border, kill local civilians and cause fitna and most important of all even the separatist leaders don't want their "help".

----------
About the number of security forces, IA troops are separate from the BSF and para-military forces which are separate from the J&K police. All of these together may constitute around half a million. As violence levels come down, para-military levels will automatically come down.

But obviously there will always be some troops in this state as it is a strategic state. Also the IA also runs a humanitarian relief efforts to help the locals when necessary
Eg: Operation Imdad was the earth quake relief in 05, operation humsafar was to help stranded people in a snow storm, flood relief operation in Leh e.t.c.
The Official Home Page of Indian Army

Back
Top Bottom