What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Kashmir Images :: Details

Srinagar, Aug 07: Senior separatist leader, Syed Ali Geelani’s call to agitating youth not to indulge in violence and arson is being appreciated by one and all as it has not only put a halt on unprecedented killings but has also saved public property from further destruction.

The people, cutting across political divides, hail Geelani’s call as it has suddenly brought down the graph of killings in Kashmir.
Not only this, the destruction of public property too has stopped saving the state of further loses.

In past nearly two months public properties worth more than 10 crore rupees have been destroyed by angry agitators.
People have been aghast over these destructions believing that it was their and nobody else’s loss.

In north Kashmir, the protestors gutted police station Pattan; railway station at Amagarh, Sopore; horticulture building at Kreeri; BDO office at Pattan, ITI building at Malamapanpora; forest chowki at Seelu, Panchayat Ghar at Mazbugh and Girls Middle School at Kalantra, Kreri.

And in central Kashmir, CMO office and Tehsil office at Budgam were razed to ground while as in south Frisal police post, Quimoh police post; house of an SPO; Tehsil office at Drangbal Pampore; police post Khrew and SOG camp Khrew were also torched.

Police station Rajpora; police post Reshipora; Irrigation office Khrew; State Bank of India branch Quimoh were also gutted.

The mobs also set ablaze JK Bank banch Qamarwari and Panchayat Ghar at Baghat Kanipora besides scores of government vehicles in the length and breadth of the Valley.

Official sources said that the properties damaged are estimated to the tune of more than 10 crore rupees.This is our property and its damage is our loss, said an elderly person from Kalantra, where some miscreants burnt down a girls school. The people of the area took out processions against the burning of school.
Meanwhile, Sye Ali Geelani’s call has come as a sigh of relief for pubic who don’t favour acts of arson but where left voiceless under pressure from the crowds.
-----------------------------

Looks like the backlash against violent protestors has started.The other side is the violent protestors are actually against Geelani andeventried to attack him at one place because he called for calm and peaceful protests.

Geez, don't cry. The protests have been more effective than Kargil - If the protests go on for a significant period of time, India will lose its control off Kashmir

That way if my aunt had b??ls, she would be my uncle.. :azn:

Gilani has realized that with zero support from the world despite the noise about civilian deaths, the game is slipping away from the separatists and Pakistan.

The only support that the members on this forum have been able to claim is the fake statement from UN Sec gen and a protective reaction of another official to Indian Media's ripping into the Pakistani origin official for making the fake statement in the 1st place.

Surprisingly Indian intellegentia reacted more strongly against the deaths of the rioters than rest of the world. Puts to rest Pakistan's plan to internationalize this...

Last edited:
Kashmir Watch :: In-depth coverage on Kashmir conflict

It's good to see that the protests are heading towards being more organized. They will be a lot more effective now.

The strength of the protests so far was the leaderless nature of the protests and the absence of a visible political separatist agenda.

Gilani is just trying to weasel his way back into relevance. Protests driven by the likes of Hurriyat have been much easier to handle in past.

Geez, don't cry. The protests have been more effective than Kargil - If the protests go on for a significant period of time, India will lose its control off Kashmir

Lolz Asim when will your country learn..you tried many things in Kashmir..its just another one and it will have the same fate as the previous ones :)

the source of the article got no credibility. it is known for anti-India articles.

Vatsya, kuch naya try karo.

btw, the good news is curfew totally lifted from the Kashmir and situation is getting normalized.

Yes, go back to his Arab since he obviously has problems living in a secular democratic country that has saved his life countless times.

Talk of treason and ungratefulness and this idiot comes out tops. He even draws pension from the same GOI.

What does the law says about anti-India activities? It says it is a crime. So why is this traitor not behind bars and charged for indulging in anti-national activities, with all his followers?

This is where I think India shows its weakness, it has been the weakness of successive Indian governments. They cannot enforce law of the land.

What does the law says about anti-India activities? It says it is a crime. So why is this traitor not behind bars and charged for indulging in anti-national activities, with all his followers?

This is where I think India shows its weakness, it has been the weakness of successive Indian governments. They cannot enforce law of the land.

I agree. Traitors like these need to be dealt like China deals with its Uighur separatists.

That will also likely draw applause from the Pakistani fans of China. Just an added bonus. ;)

Yes, dream on. The terror and ethnic cleansing of Kashmir didn't do it. These sponsored protests will do squat.
Man Indian after Indian is rubbishing the claim that these are sponsored protests. Even your CM has admitted these are leaderless and spontaneous.

You can keep clinging to this absurdity.

Why rock the boat by arresting Gilani and giving these guys another excuse... Read Vinod's comment about grave and banana peal..

Why rock the boat by arresting Gilani and giving these guys another excuse... Read Vinod's comment about grave and banana peal..

When the leaders are out of touch of their followers, their cause will die instantly, because this separatist movement cannot be run without effective leadership.

If you leave them to practice anti-national activities then that is a sort of encouragement to break the law and may lead to more mayhem in the society.

Moreover, I am sure there must be someone after Gilani, ready to take up his mantle. I think India should send a strong message that no one would be allowed to indulge in anti-India activities. I am surprised they are letting people shout anti-India slogans. I do not see much difference between them and naxals, both of whom want to challenge the rule of democratically elected governments in a secular and sovereign nation.

I think they should be hammered hard with the stick of the law. They are the ones ruining the entire environment of J&K and creating mayhem for reasons that are most explicitly anti-national.

Probably more hardships for the common man, nothing more. The administrator should come out with an effective plan to deal with the new challenge that separatists have thrown on them

I believe the administration should make it clear that violent protesters will be dealt with a heavy hand and with time when these people realize they are hurting just themselves, they will quit being useless

And if these people believe these protest can change India's outlook on Kashmir they can enjoy their 'Alice in wonderland' world

When the leaders are out of touch of their followers, their cause will die instantly, because this separatist movement cannot be run without effective leadership.

If you leave them to practice anti-national activities then that is a sort of encouragement to break the law and may lead to more mayhem in the society.

Moreover, I am sure there must be someone after Gilani, ready to take up his mantle. I think India should send a strong message that no one would be allowed to indulge in anti-India activities. I am surprised they are letting people shout anti-India slogans. I do not see much difference between them and naxals, both of whom want to challenge the rule of democratically elected governments in a secular and sovereign nation.

I think they should be hammered hard with the stick of the law. They are the ones ruining the entire environment of J&K and creating mayhem for reasons that are most explicitly anti-national.

Nopes, if you take that approach you cannot take half measures, either you give it to the army, shut down the media and plainly slaughter separatists or any half measures will make them heros, yeah but I do agree with the make life hell for them part

i unable to understand why indian govt. bearing Hurriyat leaders. just kill them bcoz they are anti-indian and 98% Kashmiri is favoring of indian govt.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom