What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Geez, don't cry. The protests have been more effective than Kargil - If the protests go on for a significant period of time, India will lose its control off Kashmir

it's a bad effect of democracy. where every one has right to speak and protest. some people think this type of protest is big success for them but they are wrong. indian govt is capable is suppress these protest but this is not fair for democracy. By killing Hurriyat leaders we can suppress protest but we believe in democracy not in military dictatorship.

Kashmire people have a different ideology atleast those who are out there on the streets. The lesson to be learnt from these protests for our Indian friends is that regarding East Pakistan we were or atleast our leadership was living in a state of denial they thought it could be controlled and that common man is not strong enough to achieve Bangladesh, but they were proved wrong ofcouse through Indian intervention. So you guys should know from history that what lies ahead in Kashmire for you.

Kashmire people have a different ideology atleast those who are out there on the streets. The lesson to be learnt from these protests for our Indian friends is that regarding East Pakistan we were or atleast our leadership was living in a state of denial they thought it could be controlled and that common man is not strong enough to achieve Bangladesh, but they were proved wrong ofcouse through Indian intervention. So you guys should know from history that what lies ahead in Kashmire for you.

One key difference. Pakistan can not do what India did in East Pakistan. Not atleast for the foreseeable furture. Tried in 65 and 99 and you know the result. Now the game is Nuclear.

Plenty of whining here by Indian Members.I bet they're more worried now due to protests because they can't use the usual terrorism line now.

One key difference. Pakistan can not do what India did in East Pakistan. Not atleast for the foreseeable furture. Tried in 65 and 99 and you know the result. Now the game is Nuclear.

But Karan let me tell you an open secret. We will do it again and again until the problem is resolved. You can say many Blah Blah in reponse but we will do it again. Keep it in mind.

:)

Lolz Asim when will your country learn..you tried many things in Kashmir..its just another one and it will have the same fate as the previous ones :)

Lolz Seiko when will your country learn...you tried many things all OVER PAKISTAN...ttp is just another and it will have same fate as previous over last 60 years!!!

HOW DOES THAT SOUND SEIKO??? :no::lol:

Lolz Seiko when will your country learn...you tried many things all OVER PAKISTAN...ttp is just another and it will have same fate as previous over last 60 years!!!
HOW DOES THAT SOUND SEIKO??? :no::lol:

Sounds like Zaid Hamid :azn: are you??

But Karan let me tell you an open secret. We will do it again and again until the problem is resolved. You can say many Blah Blah in reponse but we will do it again. Keep it in mind.

Sure.. And we dont have any option but to fight back.. That is fine.. I dont expect Pakistan to stop.. The only difference of opinion here Areesh, is that instead of Kashmir, we consider Pakistan a problem.

You carry on trying to solve Kashmir problem, and we will try and solve the Pakistan problem.

These protests are excellent, every other day the CM is being recalled to New Delhi - to either get a shouting or work out a new plan.

Gillani's launch of a protest calendar is excellent. People should know when and where they are needed.

Man Indian after Indian is rubbishing the claim that these are sponsored protests. Even your CM has admitted these are leaderless and spontaneous.

You can keep clinging to this absurdity.

He said that there are elements of spontaneity and elements of sponsored terrorists.

This will yield nothing that decades of terror didn't. That is the bottomline.

Sure.. And we dont have any option but to fight back.. That is fine.. I dont expect Pakistan to stop.. The only difference of opinion here Areesh, is that instead of Kashmir, we consider Pakistan a problem.

You carry on trying to solve Kashmir problem, and we will try and solve the Pakistan problem.

Good. That is what I want from you. Neither I want advice from you nor I am willing to dictate my perception to you. Karan understood it. Good.

Well you are welcome to keep trying :) Past results are there for everybody to see, just compare the two countries today Economy/Society/Status, You lost half of your country, India never had and never will give away an inch of our land heck we never gave away the same when we were bankrupt do you believe we will do the same that now we are on the way to become a 2 trillion dollar economy

Plenty of whining here by Indian Members.I bet they're more worried now due to protests because they can't use the usual terrorism line now.

Actually it was not us whining and opening thread about each and every movement in Kashmir..and we are not worried at all..life goes as normal in every part of my country..as i said new tactics ,same result..people will get back to their life after tired of stone throwing :cheers:

Rising Kashmir, Daily Newspaper, Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir - OIC must call session on Kashmir: Mirwaiz

Hurriyat (M) Chairman Mirwaiz Muhammad Umar Farooq Saturday urged Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) to immediately call on a session of its Kashmir Contact Group.

Mirwaiz also expressed shock over what he said “is OIC’s painful silence” over the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.

“I have shot a letter to OIC General Secretary saying the silence of OIC is painful. Hurriyat has an observor status in the conglomerate and OIC should immediately call a special session of KCG and delibrate on prevailing situation in state,” a press statement quoting Mirwaiz said here

The government of India, Mirwaiz said, has not only snatched the democratic and political rights “but also religious rights of people of Kashmir.”

Mirwaiz said, “OIC is morally bound to come to the aid of Kashmiris who are under a military siege without medicines and other essential commodities” adding “OIC must pressurise India to resolve the long-pending Kashmir dispute according to aspirations of Kashmiris.”

I know most people will think the OIC is useless, but its good, any combined condemnation by the OIC would be reprinted in newspapers world over.

So where OIC can make India do something I think it can significantly put pressure on India indirectly. Regular condemnations in brief intervals are needed from all willing allies.

I know of many Kashmiris who are getting educated and working all over India. You don't seem to be aware of the level of engagement of Kashmir with the rest of India.

They are already a part of India and will remain so. The only thing is left is that it sinks down to some that it is never going to change, not by terror, not by pelting stones and not by crying.

India is not going to be split again for reasons of hatred and sectarianism. That is final. Those who can't live in a secular democracy had their chance in 1947.
There may be that level of engagement Vinod, but I'm not talking about Kashmir as a whole, I'm talking about the Valley.

Your claim that they're already part of India is all well and good, but these eruptions of anger and mass protests don't seem to be going away.

From your side, where is it that the govt is failing? Why does the govt fail to prevent these cries for 'azaadi' and protests happening with frequency? Lots of CCS meetings take place, and shuttling back and forth from Srinagar to Delhi, but not a great deal is achieved.

And the point I touch on about the investment. From all accounts I hear of, Kashmir is doing very well. There is the development, there is the money (I believe only 6% live below the poverty line), so why is that you can't even 'bribe' them to feel part of the Union?

Hope you can clear up some of that for me.

Back
Top Bottom