What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Have you ever been to kashmir?

I have been to Kashmir several times. I have made 2 documentaries on Kashmir.... both on Operation Sadbhavana of Indian Army where i have worked closely with Rashtriya Rifles... specially Romeo Force. I have seen real Kashmir closely. I have seen real villages, met surrendered militants (working as school teachers and social workers), even met a 11 year militant kid nabbed by army.

Kashmir wants peace. Local Kashmiris want employment and peace. Today tourism is the biggest source of employment in Kashmir. So an average Kashmiri want tourists. But some elements are there who spread hatred only to gain some political mileage. And of course the external help to these militants is the biggest problem.If these external powers leave Kashmir on its own, within couple of years it will be as good and peaceful as any other Indian tate.

Let me tell you with full confidence that yes Kashmir is in really good state.

You go and google "indian flag burned in kashmir" "pakistan flag hoisted everywhere in indian occupied kashmir"

see...it makes news because it is unusual...believe me there are separatists and we all agree to that...there are pro-indian people in kashmir too...but majority just want a good life...they want their civic facilities to function.There is enough hot-blood in Kashmir to not let the fire quench.

1. As per agreement, Pakistan was supposed to begin withdrawing from occupied areas, with the vacated areas to be handed over to local authorities under supervision of UN.

2. Pakistan did not begin withdrawing from Kashmir, as required by the agreement.

3. Consequently, the UN did not inform India about Pakistan's withdrawal.

4. Nor did Pakistan ever protest to the UN asking it to inform India about Pakistan's withdrawal, for the simple reason that the withdrawal never began.
The above points have been discussed here: http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...es/7904-kashmir-resolutions-explanations.html

And the UN rapporteur was never able to obtain India's agreement on the troop levels to be left behind by both sides, a fact to which he attested in his letter posted on the thread, along with criticizing India's position on the issue.

5. Finally, Pakistan threw the whole agreement into the garbage bin by sponsoring terrorism in J&K from 1965 onwards.

6. For all these reasons, the agreement is dead.

The agreement was thrown into the garbage bin by Nehru, with his unilateral statements about the status quo being the only solution and his attempts to pass off (fraudulent and rigged) elections as a substitute for the UN mandated plebiscite.

These statements of Nehru are also detailed in the thread linked above.

Finally, the UNSC resolutions do not become defunct on someones sayso, nor do they have an expiration date. The Simla agreement once more endorsed the fact that the UNSC resolutions would be relevant:

(i) That the principles and purposes of the Charter of the United Nations shall govern the relations between the two countries;

And the UN rapporteur was never able to obtain India's agreement on the troop levels to be left behind by both sides, a fact to which he attested in his letter posted on the thread, along with criticizing India's position on the issue.

Finally, the UNSC resolutions do not become defunct on someones sayso, nor do they have an expiration date. The Simla agreement once more endorsed the fact that the UNSC resolutions would be relevant:

(i) That the principles and purposes of the Charter of the United Nations shall govern the relations between the two countries;

India had not committed to any specific troop levels in the agreement - however, Pakistan was committed to withdrawing ALL its troops.

As regards statements of the rapporteur, he was speculating on what India may or may not have done if Pakistan had in fact lived up to his commitments, which it did not. Such speculations have no legal weight whatsoever.

Nehru's alleged remarks also would not enter into the legal picture. What is important is what was written down and signed, and the actual actions taken.

The first breach of the agreement was Pakistan's failure to withdraw, and so the onus of trashing the agreement lies on Pakistan. The terrorism from 1965 onwards was a further violation, which has created a situation not envisaged in the agreement.

When one party breaks an agreement and creates a situation not envisaged in the agreement, the agreement no longer becomes binding on the other party. That is what has happened to the UN agreement.

The Simla agreement commits both parties to settle the issue bilaterally. That is well and good and does not contradict the UN charter. However this bilateral settlement cannot be on the basis of a defunct agreement.

Last edited:
Actually it can. The Kashmir resolutions are under Chaper VI of UN Charter, making these resolutions, 'advisory' and not 'compulsory' in nature.

Source

I will also make another point here. The allegation that it was India, that refused demilitarization of Kashmir or that it reneged on UN resolution is actually a subterfuge.There is a second side to every story.

As per Document 1100, Para 75, Pakistan was to 'agree to withdraw its troops from that State' and 'use its best endeavor to secure the withdrawal from the State of Jammu and Kashmir of tribesmen and Pakistan nationals not normally resident therein who have entered the State for the purpose of fighting'. UN was then to notify the GoI 'that the tribesmen and Pakistan nationals referred to in Part II A 2 hereof have withdrawn' and 'that the Pakistan forces are being withdrawn from the State of Jammu and Kashmir'. Only after receipt of this intimation, the GoI was 'to begin to withdraw the bulk of their forces from the State in stages to be agreed upon with the Commission'

Source

More important than Pakistan 'agreeing' to demilitarize the Kashmir region, was the fact that Pakistan had to completely remove 'the tribesmen and Pakistan nationals'. It is this presence of 'the tribesmen and Pakistan nationals' and further infiltration of Pakistani nationals into the region, that had prompted India to insist on the presence of a higher number of Indian troops in Kashmir - more than the number that UN had suggested.

Contrary to the popular belief in Pakistan, it is actually Pakistan which reneged on UN resolution. India stands on a firm legal ground.

All Indians keep mentioning tribesmen as they were aliens who entered kashmir. Stop bring tribesmen, they at the time of Muslim league call decided to join Pakistan even this territory was to go back to Afghanistan after 99years, the Durand line, Since All Pashtuns decided to say in Pakistan at it independence, so they were legally Pakistanis and were fighting for their motherland.

Now coming to resolutions, read see for yourself what it says and not what you have written down.

DRAFT 6.2.1948

38 (1948)

47 (1948)

there are many more resolution where this came from, it is funny you post your ideas as if they were on U.N.

Clearly the resolution say that if the force have withdrawn, named tribesmen than Indian must start a process to set up plebiscite plans and procedure and implement with urgency.

But you Indians read and twist it and read and twist it again again. there are billion Indians and billion interpretations of Kashmir resolutions.

You guys do not want peace only talk silly and keep killing innocents, raping women

Last edited:
LeT issues diktat against watching TV in J&K - India - NEWS - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: The Lashkar-e-Taiba has enforced a new diktat in parts of Jammu and Kashmir; 'Do not watch television.'

Taking a cue from the Taliban, the Lashkar terrorists operating in Banihal heights have imposed a ban on watching TV- terming it an ‘unislamic’ activity.

Bearing witness to this fact are the marks on Gulam Nabi's back and legs. The marks are a constant reminder of how the LeT men beat him up for watching TV. ``Unidentified gunmen barged into my house. They broke my TV set and thrashed me," said Ghulam Nabi.

In true Taliban style, the terrorists made sure that no one dare to switch on a television again.

When asked about the LeT's newest diktat a villager said, “Six militants barged into our house. Three of them broke my TV and another three hit me.”

Lashkar militants have warned villagers of dire consequences if they do not stop watching television. In a recently issued diktat, they have described the 'idiot box' as an epicentre of all problems and blame the same for impregnating evil thoughts in the mind of villagers.

In addition to resorting to violence, the Lashkar men also pasted a pamphlet on the boundary wall of a mosque.

"They say watching TV is a sin. But I ask Muslims all over the world to watch TV. We have not done anything wrong or committed any crime," a villager said.

Security forces in the area describe the Lashkar's newest act as one of frustration and desperation.

IG of Jammu, Ashok Gupta said, “These days the television is a very powerful medium which is exposing their lies. So why would they allow it. It is an act of sheer frustration on their part.”

But what the LeT does not realise is that their imposition is only causing anger. When asked about the LeT’s actions, a villager said, “Breaking televisions sets and beating up elderly people is not a part of Jihad.” This is evidence enough that the people clearly do not want another Taliban state.

Frustrated .:chilli:.... Desperate :flame:....these morons will go to any extent .... pushing their version of Smuggled Talibani mentality:hitwall: over Common man....soon we will see and upsurge against these idiots...infact people have started tipping off defence forces and Police :azn:about their whereabouts and this helps forces hunt :hang2:down these morons...

doesnt seem like let style thing .. remeber let was given warning by ttp for being to soft or liberal and then they havent been involved in this kind of activity before most of there activity is based on Armed struggle rather then propaganda or enforcing laws , and then don't think they have much base left in J&k any way to take such a blatant stance , i think we are dealing with some small wannabe group usually happens in places where militancy is strong Like in Ghaza strip where hamas is facing a daunting task of cleaning small vigilante groups with a very hard lined religious approach.
P.s i dont think this news is True any way

Reactions: asq
^^^
These terrorist organizations will go to any extent to establish their writ.....remember LTTE forced unwilling Tamilians to join forces ....even at the age of 13-14 yrs....

LET is facing challenge in Valley because of some local media channels have been colluding with Administration and help spreading good word around the contribution Armed forces are making towards building up Infrastructure in the state...... and people are willing to go with development rather than bullets.... LET sees this as their delete and so they resort to this stupid measure to stop people from watching TV....and see the facts...

Seems Indians have come up with another bollywood style drama to halt viwership of PTV transimission in Indian Held Jammu and Kashmir.

Seems Indians have come up with another bollywood style drama to halt viwership of PTV transimission in Indian Held Jammu and Kashmir.

Nut case......:rofl:

If India wants to Ban PTV in Kashmir...a mere legislation needs to be passed in Jammu and Kashmir Assembly.....and by the way...are we discussing India Banning PTV .....

Read fella...understand...and then reply....

Back
Top Bottom