What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Aksai Chin is important to China because it has the only direct route from Tibet to XinXiang. I don't think India has any interest in Aksai Chin, it's just a bargaining chip for Chinese claim of Tawang.

It's disputed because Aksai Chin was a part of Ladakh which was under Hari Singh's rule and Hari Singh acceded the whole Kashmir to India.

Is it hard to understand this two posts? :hitwall:

Just as you said, ladakh was submitted itself to the emperor in Beijing during the Yuan dynasty. So why are you guys trying to stolen our forefathers lands even across Pakistan's territory?

Is it just because you were enslaved by British for 300 years and you have the right to do same thing to your neighbors?

Do you want me to come up with maps of old Indians dynasties and claim all the land they ruled?

I couldn't find any neutral sources, I asked in my post above if anyone had neutral sources regarding territorial disputes.

OK so Aksai chin is Chinese territory, that is disputed by India.

Go to the CIA for neutral information, how come I didn't thought about it?
btw Is it these guys' job to create dispute areas around the world——for the interest of the united states?

Go to the CIA for neutral information, how come I didn't thought about it?
btw Is it these guys' job to create dispute areas around the world——for the interest of the united states?

I already said that the World Factbook wasn't a neutral source. Do you have any others?

It doesn't matter anyway. I'm just going to go by the traditional definition of "territorial dispute" that I posted before.

Last edited:
I am unable to understand the final result. Its true that internationally this issue is sidelined and i accept that this is good for our UN seat aspirations. However this will not change the status quo between India and Pakistan does it?? they will never accept this.

No, it does not change the status quo.

However, this decision is still very significant because Pakistan now has no chance of getting international support on Kashmir. It is still disputed between India and Pakistan, but without international support does Pakistan have any chance of getting Kashmir?

Do you want me to come up with maps of old Indians dynasties and claim all the land they ruled?

yes yes, we all know Indian people are genius map makers. You can try your fortune with any maps you would like to take to the land in real world. Good luck and good bye.

yes yes, we all know Indian people are genius map makers. You can try your fortune with any maps you would like to take to the land in real world. Good luck and good bye.

It's same as saying take the land if you have power to take it.

Fair enough. Let's not mourn for our forgotten ancestral land of 1000 years ago but talk in real terms and accept the reality as it is now.

Peoples Republic of China isn't the successor of yuan dynasty neither Republic of India is of mouryas or mughals.

I already said that the World Factbook wasn't a neutral source. Do you have any others?

International affair is always hard tell in a few words, especially when territory get involved. what should I say to you er....

Do you remember the words that chairman Jiang told hong kong press? That whether his meeting Dong jianhua(sorry I don't know the spell in hong kong way) is showing of central government support to the then unpopular Chief Officer ?

aksai chin translation meaning is china's white sand?? thats something new....

btw, chinese dragon why you insisted on aksai chin is a disputed territory since it is an undisputed territory to china from the very beginning?? china gov never admits it is a disputed territory right?

you may just help indians to create their bargaining chip by calling aksai chin is a disputed territory...

It seems my country's opinion matters.

Too bad China still does not recognize India's self-righteous sovereignty over Kashmir.

Actually, China's opinion doesn't really matter either, because the areas of Kashmir that India wants belong to Pakistan only, not China.

The Aksai Chin plateau is claimed by India only as a bargaining chip. As soon as you withdraw your illegitimate claim to Arunachal Pradesh, we will withdraw our claim to Aksai Chin.

International affair is always hard tell in a few words, especially when territory get involved. what should I say to you er....

Do you remember the words that chairman Jiang told hong kong press? That whether his meeting Dong jianhua(sorry I don't know the spell in hong kong way) is showing of central government support to the then unpopular Chief Officer ?

In Hong Kong, his name is spelled "Tung Chee Hwa" rather than Dong Jianhua.

No sorry I don't remember what he said there.

Anyway there is no point arguing any more, if you guys think it's wrong for me to use the phrase "disputed area" then I will respect your opinion, and not say it.

Back
Top Bottom