What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Assuming that the decision is real (i.e. not inadvertent); it changes very little. The GoP and GoI will still have to indulge in verbal sparring. The International Community will still continue to make the same noises (i.e. the issue should be resolved by GoI and GoP). And most of all, nobody else will still want to get involved in the morass apart from verbalising.
Nothing has changed, apart from something in the realm of symbolism.

Then no need to start a thread like this. If India can sort it out with Pakistan, whatever result it is, China will accept it.

Comparing Tibet and Taiwan to Kashmir is just another bargaining chip India is trying to create.

China's claim to South Tibet is legitimate, it is not a bargainning chip, we have claimed Sout Tibet since the very beginning.

India's claim to Aksai Chin is just a bargainning chip, hence illegitimate.

There is no way China is gonna give up the claim to South Tibet just because India uses Aksai Chin as a bargainning chip. It only proves that bargainning chip works.

Bah! Bargaining chip, bargaining chip, bargaining chip! Maybe you ought to ask your government to stop creating "bargaining chips" by carrying out provocative moves like issuing stapled visas to Indian soldiers who have served in Kashmir (and even people from Indian Kashmir). The hypocrisy here is that China does not offer such stapled visas etc. to people of Pakistani side of Kashmir.

If you do such things, you are inviting more statements and more sentiment of this kind, you have only your own government's actions of the past one year to blame for this.

You didn't understand a word Abir said. Let me make it even simpler for you: in the ancient world, empires and kings were constantly at war, and boundaries and kingdoms kept changing. So it is utter nonsense to talk about 'Hari singh stole it from Ladakh'. That utter tripe is not relevant to the modern era anyway. India had empires like the Mauryas and Mughals who controlled large tracts of land which today, belong to other countries. If we go by your logic, we can claim most of that land. This is not too tough to understand, just think about it. And remain in the modern era, stop going back in history, coz' two can play that game.

You are right about the ancient time but wrong about our time. The land Nehru claimed as Indian soil had been under firmly control of China, and he even didn't know that at that time!

If Indian want something from its neighbor, he must ether win it from battle field or trade it using something its neighbor wants from India.

You know the funniest stuff here is, you are claiming something in a third country that is even behind mountains and ranges that firmly holded by your direct neighbor.

What would you think about this idea, China claiming a port in Ukraine over not only Ukrainian but also Russian territory.

This is a pleasant surprise. This may be admitted as a mistake, but the message is clear. The UN has no role in Kashmir.

A diplomatic victory for India, but I hope this does not make us overconfident. A lot needs to be done in J&Kashmir-to start with, improving the economic infrastructure and security situation. We have another window of opportunity, we should USE IT!!!!!!!!!

Bah! Bargaining chip, bargaining chip, bargaining chip! Maybe you ought to ask your government to stop creating "bargaining chips" by carrying out provocative moves like issuing stapled visas to Indian soldiers who have served in Kashmir (and even people from Indian Kashmir). The hypocrisy here is that China does not offer such stapled visas etc. to people of Pakistani side of Kashmir.

If you do such things, you are inviting more statements and more sentiment of this kind, you have only your own government's actions of the past one year to blame for this.

Issuing stapled visas policy to a disputed area consists with China's stance over Kashmir.

Provocative movements?

What about that monk, 'son of India', murder of thousands lives jumping here and there like a monkey trying to split Indian's neighbor for all that dman long years? This is simply tit for tat. You want to using that monkey to gain from Xizang's chaos and you have to face the risk.

The UN is losing it power in the world it nothing but a bunch of people with political aims.
You can see this by the fact that India has growing influence, and is now using to control the UN.

The UN is one big laughing stock. They haven't been able to do anything since it's creation, expect tell dictators and mass murderers to take a time out and think about what they've done.

No, it does not change the status quo.

However, this decision is still very significant because Pakistan now has no chance of getting international support on Kashmir. It is still disputed between India and Pakistan, but without international support does Pakistan have any chance of getting Kashmir?

My friend even before this mistake or whatever happened there was little support for Pakistan internationally on the issue of Kashmir. What i am trying to say is that even when it was listed we didn't give two hoots to anybody in this world, this was the case from the start and then we were weak in many aspects.

All i am saying is that this seems to be an attempt by our Western partners to remove the hassles in our way for a seat on the high table.

Provocative movements?

What about that monk, 'son of India', murder of thousands lives jumping here and there like a monkey trying to split Indian's neighbor for all that dman long years? This is simply tit for tat.

That does not even count as a tit-for-tat.

If China wants to play tit-for-tat, China should set up a Sikkim government-in-exile in China. Then we are even.

That is why Mr. Jiang said 'Too simple, sometimes naive' in English.

Hey Oct, can you clarify what you mean by this post above? 你有问题吗?

What does Jiang Zemin's attempts at speaking English have to do with the topic?

I always hope that China and India to develop a real friendship, so I'd like to communicate with the Indians, but your boy had more than my area, there is no serious attitude, no real understanding, so I doubt we can have a number of valuable exchange, with the mouth will not get anything.

That does not even count as a tit-for-tat.

If China wants to play tit-for-tat, China should set up a Sikkim government-in-exile in China. Then we are even.

Sikkim is too small and of limited value. Have you ever heard of the story of seven sisters? Assam for example.

No responses from our Pakistani Friends...

Anyway, this was a statement only, not a formal striking off the UNSC resolution on Kashmir.. But still a good step in the right direction.

Actually listening to the muted response from Pakistan, I am almost certain that this was a planned move with Pakistani leadership already taken into confidence and being compensated for this..

Back
Top Bottom