What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
So many arguments about the semantics of whether it is "disputed" or not??

Anyhow, as per a few Chinese members, if Aksai Chin is not disputed territory, those posters must also stop calling Arunachal Pradesh as disputed. The argument works both ways, so please be consistent.

ladakh was a tribal under the spiritual leader of Tibet,which then was under the Crown of Qing. Ladakh was stolened illegally by the ruler of Kashmir by military actions without the agreement of its owner, so it is not legally Kashmir land. Whether the ruler of Mr.Singe has the right to decide the fate of Kashmir people and to give 'his' land to India has been under disputation (with Pakistan and People of Kashmir e.g.).

Based on the reasons, I have no choice but seriously doubt your points and leads to my conclusion that 'Chinese white sand' is not a dispute area but Indian controlled Kashmir is.

Self-determination and democracy in Tibet but not in JK.

Anyhow, as per a few Chinese members, if Aksai Chin is not disputed territory, those posters must also stop calling Arunachal Pradesh as disputed. The argument works both ways, so please be consistent.

You're right. It isn't disputed.

ladakh was a tribal under the spiritual leader of Tibet,which then was under the Crown of Qing. Ladakh was stolened illegally by the ruler of Kashmir by military actions without the agreement of its owner, so it is not legally Kashmir land. Whether the ruler of Mr.Singe has the right to decide the fate of Kashmir people and to give 'his' land to India has been under disputation (with Pakistan and People of Kashmir e.g.).

Based on the reasons, I have no choice but seriously doubt your points and leads to my conclusion that 'Chinese white sand' is not a dispute area but Indian controlled Kashmir is.

You cannot correct historical inaccuracies here. If you speak of "stolened" by Hari Singh and all that, then remember that we can go very far back in history, even hundreds of years, back to the time when "Mongolians" used to rule large parts of China.

The agreement of boundary arrangement of the McMahon line had not been reached and approved by the then Republic Government and Parliament. So the two side holds a different understanding about the sino-indian border. So your 'state of the rising sun' is truely a disputed area.

But here, chinese white sand dose not belong to Kashmir, which of course has nothing to do with India.

Even you're equating Tibet with Kashmir. :P

Hey I am just going off the majority Indian opinion. Don't you guys bring up Tibet whenever you feel like trolling?

Tibetan democracy and self-determination and all that jazz.

See?
That is why India is claiming Aksai Chin, using Aksai Chin as a bargaining chip.

Whether Indian think it is a disputed land or not really does not matter to us, that is why i didn't reply Indian post except this one.

You think Kashmir belongs to India, sorry, I think otherwise. I think Pakistan should have it.

Look once upon a time Afghanistan was under the rule of Mourya dynasty.

I already told that India doesn't have any interest in Aksai Chin. But it fits the description of disputed territory.

I am unable to understand the final result. Its true that internationally this issue is sidelined and i accept that this is good for our UN seat aspirations. However this will not change the status quo between India and Pakistan does it?? they will never accept this.

am wondering whether kashmir is in disputed list or not .. what will be the impact on kashmiri people...
they will anyway walkthrough streets guarded by our army ,
they will be always hear the gunbattle between millitants and our army ..

You're missing the point here. It's a matter of perspective.

and why would the CIA be the authority?

I couldn't find any neutral sources, I asked in my post above if anyone had neutral sources regarding territorial disputes.

You're missing the point here. It's a matter of perspective.

OK so Aksai chin is Chinese territory that is disputed by India.

You cannot correct historical inaccuracies here. If you speak of "stolened" by Hari Singh and all that, then remember that we can go very far back in history, even hundreds of years, back to the time when "Mongolians" used to rule large parts of China.

Just as you said, ladakh was submitted itself to the emperor in Beijing during the Yuan dynasty. So why are you guys trying to stolen our forefathers lands even across Pakistan's territory?

Is it just because you were enslaved by British for 300 years and you have the right to do same thing to your neighbors?

i'm not sure why people are getting hyper about this piece of news. How does the exclusion change the ground realities? Kashmir, Aksai-Chin, and Arunachal will remain disputed as long as the concerned parties don't come to an amicable solution.
Being in the UN disputed list carries little relevance (at least these days)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom