What's new

Karachi should be made a separate province

should Karachi be made separate province on administrative grounds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My knowledge od Pakistan is limited, but one of my Pak friends in US (from Karachi) told me how Karachi generates like 70% of Pakistan's economy. Which is a really high number, essentially Pakistan is being run from Karachi. Can anyone confirm this?

Also. if this is the case, Pak should try a Singapore/HonKong model with Karachi, and try to separately make it an economic powerhouse...

Karachi is an economic hub having sea trade. it does not generate 70% but fascilitate the biggest chunk of trade through sea. Anybody who wants to harm Pakistan further will work on separating Karachi and thats what this kala susa altaf hussain had been trying

its like saying, calling oneself punjabi is ought to be insulted, whats your problem with word mohajirs? we are who we are, its not gonna change would it

No its not like calling oneself a Punjabi or a Sindhi or a Pukhtoon ! I would've know problems with anyone calling themselves as a Bihari, Hyderabadi or a Bijnori Pakistani but calling yourself as 'Muhajir' signifies the fact that even 65 years after the birth of the country you still want to call yourselves as 'the Immigrants' even when most of you aren't & the ones who were are long gone.

You are Pakistanis....not Immigrants ! You are Sons of the Soil - Stop defining yourself as anything else !

Oye native Pakistan Bhai mere, remember that these migrants are the ones who fought and bled for Pakistan. Our ancestors have done it repeatedly when yours were stabbing Pakistani in the back for Afghanistan. Patriotism is in our blood, what our ancestors have done for Pakistan, we can do yet again.

Sirf Karachi hi nahi, poora Pakistan hamara hai, lekin abhi yeh sirf chand families ke haathon mei hai.

Bhai jab bloodshed khatam ho gaya aur hindustanion nay tum logon ko laat mar di to ap log doray chalay aye Pakistan but kher we have accepted you with open hands but your altaf bhaya have made you slaves and working on damaging Pakistan.

If pura Pakistan ap ka ha to dil say pehlay Pakistani bano aur Pakistan ko takseem karnay ki sazishain band karo humain ap say phir koi issue nahi ha.

aur for your information we had voted for Pakistan and still remained with Pakistan fking any afghanistani bhangee who try to play the card unlike that pigghead altafa who is every now and then calling for breaking Pakistan

its like saying, calling oneself punjabi is ought to be insulted, whats your problem with word mohajirs? we are who we are, its not gonna change would it

So you accept you are NOT Pakistani and you are Mohajir?

Mohajir is someone who migrate to other land leaving own land . And the new land is NOT owned by him.

So howcome you are demanding our land then?

Ab ye Sindhi nationalist kaun hain...heavy metal band singing paeans of loud pain filled verses about a land lost? :what:

A bunch of ethno-nationalist who've yet to even form a minority Government in Sindh but are a vocal & violent lot when they feel like it ! Who, like other ethno-nationalist parties in Pakistan, are divisive, paint a victimized portrait of themselves & have yet to contribute anything worthwhile to the country.

A bunch of ethno-nationalist who've yet to even form a minority Government in Sindh but are a vocal & violent lot when they feel like it ! Who, like other ethno-nationalist parties in Pakistan, are divisive, paint a victimized portrait of themselves & have yet to contribute anything worthwhile to the country.

Let me guess they want to create a separate sindhi nation..or a province? Oh well everyone's got a few of those.

Very large city (population wise) - But of course the Sindhi Nationalists won't allow it ! They have a hissy fit everytime someone talks about the division of Sindh into smaller provinces; the last time most of them even vandalized & set-on-fire many a State infrastructure in Sindh.

There are 2 reasons for it, first is that they consider division of Sindh to be a Punjabi ploy to further weaken the opposition and secondly because Punjab itself does not implement the wishes of Bahawalpur and Siraikis. Bahawalpur, especially, was supposed to be independently administered area as per the partition agreement.

Fail logic why not call your self bihari's, lucknauvis, amrohi's? It's what you are actually, even there are muhajirs in punjabi,,,, yet they don't call themselves muhajirs

Karachi can't be made another province because MQM doesn't have the balls to come out openly in favor of mohajir soba. The pity is that whenever, MQM is in trouble, the city's walls get filled with demands of mohajir soba, but MQM denounces herself from those people in public because they fear reaction from sindh. Unless you don't have the guts to come out open with your view, there is no point in making hue and cry. Like they say, "jab pyar kia to darna kaya".

5. Punjab and Sindh and Balochistan are my provinces and part of my country. If we are displaced for its security then its our right that other parts of my country should accomodate us. And FYI Karachi if can welcome outsiders then KP/Balochistan/Punjab all are part of this country why cant Karachi welcome us.

lOOK WITHIN the MQM ghundagardi gave birth to other gangs ranging from Lyari ones to so on.

lol from a journalist thats just unbelievable, i wont go down to your very level i have already gotten pretty low

the point is not MQM, not im being racist like you are, its a pure economic perspective, i dont care is MQM or jamaat comes to power, but karachi had enough of PPP/sindh controlling karachi affairs and failing miserably at that

sindhis should either give sindh and karachi the local government and let karachiites run their affairs rather then a appointed administrator or let karachi govern itself

Karachi can't be made another province because MQM doesn't have the balls to come out openly in favor of mohajir soba. The pity is that whenever, MQM is in trouble, the city's walls get filled with demands of mohajir soba, but MQM denounces herself from those people in public. Unless you don't have the guts to come out open with your view, there is no point in making hue and cry.

mahajir suba is not MQM's demand but the mohajirs demand it

making karachi separate province is not the same mohajir suba demand

karachi should be made province on administrative purpose so that it can have all the facilities like LG system which sindh government is not providing

That's what I call failed logic, being an insignificant part of the Government does not mean that MQM has been in power since 1988. Operations in Karachi against MQM were carried out while MQM was in Government and that is the best example I can give you of how much power MQM really had.

Even when MQM had its own Governor and Provincial Home Minister, they could still not clean liyari of the criminals neither could they carry out any operation there. That's the power that you speak of!!

Then why was MQM so eager and happy to be insignificant part of government. Why did not they leave the government. Wait they did left the last government several times and every time when they got their pockets filled they returned. What a great democratic party.

Why operation only in Liyari? Why not entire Karachi? Why not nine zero?

Bhai jab bloodshed khatam ho gaya aur hindustanion nay tum logon ko laat mar di to ap log doray chalay aye Pakistan but kher we have accepted you with open hands but your altaf bhaya have made you slaves and working on damaging Pakistan.

If pura Pakistan ap ka ha to dil say pehlay Pakistani bano aur Pakistan ko takseem karnay ki sazishain band karo humain ap say phir koi issue nahi ha.

aur for your information we had voted for Pakistan and still remained with Pakistan fking any afghanistani bhangee who try to play the card unlike that pigghead altafa who is every now and then calling for breaking Pakistan

Nahi Bhai, aap aaj bhi samajh nahi sak rahe kion ke ap mei samajhne ki salaahiat nahi hai. Jab hum ne Azaadi haasil ker li to dharalle se aaye the apne nayee mulk mei. Aur aate hue bhi qurbaanian di thin......qurbaanian to kher hum aaj tak de rahe hain. AH has made us slaves that is why Karachi is the most populated city jahan poore mulk se log aate hain humare paas nokri aur rozgaar ke liye!! Baqi mulk mei to AH nahi hai, wahan kion nahi bana lia tum ne aisa city?

Apko hum se issue zinadagi bhar rahega kion ke hum parh likh ker phir bhi ap sab se aage hain, sab se ziada educated, sab se ziada capable aur sab se ziada loyal hai country se. Is liye apne quota system laga dia werna to hum hi hum hote. Kuch posts se idea hua hai ke aap ka talluq KPK se hai, agar aisa hai to bhai Pakistan ke sab se bare dushman to aap log hain, poore dunya mei terrorism itni pehla di hai ke hamara to band baja dia hai, us pe bhi baat kerte ho!!

AH ko aap kuch bhi kehte rehen, fact is that your forefathers voted against joining Pakistan for the sake of Afghanistan and that you guys even today reject the durand line because your ultimate goal is to merge in to Afghanistan.

Fail logic why not call your self bihari's, lucknauvis, amrohi's? It's what you are actually, even there are muhajirs in punjabi,,,, yet they don't call themselves muhajirs

but i dont understand your frustration with being called mohajirs? biharis or lucknovis, it doesnt matter now because we have all evolved into one same group?

Let me guess they want to create a separate sindhi nation..or a province? Oh well everyone's got a few of those.

You'd find one or two such bad eggs who'd want a separate Sindh or Sindhu-Desh as they call it but no one gives a foOk about them...least of all the Sindhis who've yet to elect them to even enough seats to form a minority Government....heck even a patchwork of them couldn't get enough to form a minority Government !

So no....they're (the Sindhi Nationalists) the ones who want more Provincial Autonomy but in a somewhat regressively exclusionary way such as 'No domicile for other Pakistanis even if they're born, live & die in Sindh their whole lives' - Naturally no one gives a foOk about them either & they too haven't been able to form a minority Government in Sindh ! And their relevance has further weakened after the 18th Amendment which has guaranteed quite a few portfolios to the Provincial Governments which means if you foOk up - People know it was you....not the big bad Punjabi sitting in Lahore !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom