What's new

Kabul needs to act to bring back refugees: Pakistan

The corruption, energy shortage were also there during 60's, but Pakistan economy was still thriving. The terrorism is bad publicity, and anything you invest in Pakistan might get blown out by terrorists, and that's how the investors see it. I mean if i have had billion dollars, i wouldn't invest in Pakistan right away except in certain areas where they are safe and capable for long term; free from TTP's inflence. Mirpur in Azad Kashmir is thriving for the same reason that Karachi is not.

Solve terrorism and the investment will come; numerous investments. There have been some huge investments in Lahore, and some areas of Pakistan as Punjab is relatively safe compared to others.

No terroism in 90's while economy was shit even then,. Also in Musharaf era Pakistan growth rate was great, economy can improve even in this kind of terrorism. Last 5 years economic slow down blame goes to PPP mostly.

Last edited:
^ The soviet war ended at 1989, but there were some side effects which took little longer to get over. Also, Pakistan and Afghanistan were starting to regrow the economy. It will take time to get economy going. Before the war on terror that took heavy hit on the Afghanistan economy.

Surprisingly, Musharraf managed to control terrorism relatively well compared to today, in spite of war on terror and terrorism. His departure left big problems for Pakistan.

Just like if war on terror is finished along with terrorism, the economy will take time to get started, but the first step will be the investment, and then the money will flow which will take little while considering if things go according to plan, which is very unlikely at this rate.

The terrorism is huge blot on the seciety as well as the economy, and it is same in everywhere. Look at the middle east; totally broiled over the terrorism along with the Western invasion, and monopoly of USA-Russia over Middle East. Bad receipts for any nation, and just be grateful that Pakistan is not situated among the Middle East nations.

Last edited:
their parents are alive because of Pakistan
Nope, most of the afghan diaspora in west, never had soft sentiments for pakistan from the beginning, they never supported your mujahideen fighters of rural areas , were educated folk of cities many of whom supported commies. They fled a war torn country , stayed temporarily in pakistan or iran to arrange asylums for themselves in the west.
The real casualties of war, the poor rural folk, against whom your spew venom, never were antipakistanis neither they have this much awareness to realize any thing.....

Afghani-one afghanis are not son of soil and neither we want Afghanistan to be 5th province. While 3 million bengalis figure is bs and exaggeration, still MM Alam was Bengali origin.

Muhammad Mahmood Alam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While only thing Afghanis are good at is bringing more polio and terroism in to Pakistan. Also they will always be considered refugees even after illegal NIC cards. PTI learned it hard way when they appointed ex-Afghani refugee now with Pakistani NIC in seat NA-1 Peshawar. PTI lost badly in by election because workers were unhappy so were rest of people voting. Believe me even PTI dog would have won that seat provided he was Pakistani dog.

As UN say they should go back in dignified way, and be grateful because we all know how Iran treat Afghani refugees.
i didnt say they are sons of soil of punjab........Afghan refugees were sheltered in pashtun areas, any real pashtun with little pashto, should not be ashamed of giving hospitality to them.....yes mehman/guests are burden, but we should be o.k with it. We pakhtuns are not neighbors, we are one and same people and i would advise brainwashis like @Abu Zolfiqar , @ghilzai and @Spring Onion to be not divisive. I hope the same from Afghans. The world is laughing at us at our disunity and divisions and enemies are taking advantage of it. Unite we stand, divide we fall

Last edited:
Because people in Pukhtoonkhwa hate Pakistan, and remain hostile to Pakistan, everything in it. Pakistan is evil to them. So, why the force then? The idelogy of Pukhtoonistan is still alive, and Peshawar is one of them; being greater medievel state of Pukhtoonistan. If they want to side with Afghanistan, then you cannot force them to support Pakistan. Eventually, the method of forcing will backbire either way.

Do they now ? Where exactly is this deduced from by the way ? Simple racism or biased analysis ? The ideology of Pukhtoonistan wasn't even alive during the Red rule in Afghanistan let alone now . Nothing is going away and nothing needs to be ceded to anyone - what is done is done . There's no point in arguing because it isn't going to happen . But of course , people are free to day dream and fantasize , there's no restriction for it . :D

Nope, most of the afghan diaspora in west, never had soft sentiments for pakistan from the beginning, they never supported your mujahideen fighters of rural areas , were educated folk of cities many of whom supported commies. They fled a war torn country , stayed temporarily in pakistan or iran to arrange asylums for themselves in the west.
The real casualties of war, the poor rural folk, against whom your spew venom, never were antipakistanis neither they have this much awareness to realize any thing.....

That was when rural Afghanis were getting massacred by soviets. Now even they blame everything on Pakistan. Did Pakistan invite soviets?

After Soviets left rural Afghani Taliban captured and ruled Kabul. Now they will once again try their best to capture Kabul, blame will be on Pakistan if they succeed once again. But i doubt they will this time because americans are not leaving. History will repeat but the end result will be defeat for Afghan taliban this time around.

3 million Afghan pashtuns refugee resettled in Kabul and North can make important contribution in future of Afghanistan "democraticly", the time has come for them to integrate. Instead of dreaming about pashtunistan so they can get to enslave tajiks, hazaras and uzbeks once again. The power in Afghanistan lies in North not east and south. Most of the aid will be used there because Taliban will not allow east and south Afghanistan to be developed even if they no longer can get Kabul.

Pakistan will be stupid to be part of this mess, we shouldnt care who is ruling Kabul is pro India or not. Though Pakistan can most likely only have good relations with Afghanistan if pashtuns are ruling it.

Handing Afghanistan a Peshawar could solve a lot of problems. Handling Peshawar is too much for Pakistan now. Pakistan could use break from terrorism by handing the Peshawar to Afghanistan might solve terrorism problem. I know this might sound provocative and unlikely precedent.

Pretty sure, Kashmir will belong to Pakistan; bigger portion for Pakistan as according to Ghzwa-e-Hind. Meanwhile, try non-violence method by giving Pukhtoonkhwa to Afghanistan and that will be Afghanistan's problem. Therefore, that shouldn't stop Pakistan from having border controlled to reduce terrorism for starter.

@Nuri Natt

Pakistani government during that time actually pushed them to Bangladesh after isolating them for so long. If the government hasn't isolated them, maintained friendly re lationship with East Pakistan, there would never be question of Bangladesh.

Even today, Pakistan still enjoys the support from Bangladesh. I am afraid we cannot say the same for Afghanistan, or Afghan immigrations in Pakistan for that matter.

Have you ever been to Peshawar?

i didnt say they are sons of soil of punjab

Pakistan is the word , you are looking for there , racist ! You might have your loyalties with Afghanistan , the same isn't true for everyone else too . Its about time you learn to practice what you preach for you are the one who appears to be brainwashed with that much nationalism instilled in and deep hate .

^ The soviet war ended at 1989, but there were some side effects which took little longer to get over. Also, Pakistan and Afghanistan were starting to regrow the economy. It will take time to get economy going. Before the war on terror that took heavy hit on the Afghanistan economy.

Surprisingly, Musharraf managed to control terrorism relatively well compared to today, in spite of war on terror and terrorism. His departure left big problems for Pakistan.

Just like if war on terror is finished along with terrorism, the economy will take time to get started, but the first step will be the investment, and then the money will flow which will take little while considering if things go according to plan, which is very unlikely at this rate.

The terrorism is huge blot on the seciety as well as the economy, and it is same in everywhere. Look at the middle east; totally broiled over the terrorism along with the Western invasion, and monopoly of USA-Russia over Middle East. Bad receipts for any nation, and just be grateful that Pakistan is not situated among the Middle East nations.

Again as i said this we can survive 1000 years with this scale of terrorism. In worst case scenario Pakistan will mine the border.

i didnt say they are sons of soil of punjab........Afghan refugees were sheltered in pashtun areas, any real pashtun with little pashto, should not be ashamed of giving hospitality to them.....yes mehman/guests are burden, but we should be o.k with it. We pakhtuns are not neighbors, we are one and same people and i would advise brainwashis like @Abu Zolfiqar , @ghilzai and @Spring Onion to be not divisive. I hope the same from Afghans. The world is laughing at us at our disunity and divisions and enemies are taking advantage of it. Unite we stand, divide we fall

Yes that love was on display in NA-1 Peshawar, as i said even PTI Pakistani dog would have won there but ex-afghani refugee with Pakistani NIC lost the seat, the only by election seat lost by PTI. What about Abbotabad where you live? Do you think people there will vote for ex-Afghan national over Pakistani? Pakistan doesn't put them in camps like Iran, but they will always be considered refugees. As UN said dignified return is best possible option for them. Meanwhile world should start giving share of 10% Afghanistan aid to Pakistan for hosting 3-4 million Afghanis.

And Afghanis refugee are all over Pakistan, mostly in Karachi and Punjab, Balochistan, KPK.

Last edited:
Pakistan is the word , you are looking for there , racist ! You might have your loyalties with Afghanistan , the same isn't true for everyone else too . Its about time you learn to practice what you preach for you are the one who appears to be brainwashed with that much nationalism instilled in and deep hate .
Nothing wrong with being patriotic to pakhtun nation and desiring for unity, betterment and progress of 45 million strong nation, a nation engulfed by wars, terrorism and poverty, we are doomed if we do nothing about it......why it is itching your butt?.....

Nothing wrong with being patriotic to pakhtun nation and desiring for unity, betterment and progress of 45 million strong nation, a nation engulfed by wars, terrorism and poverty, we are doomed if we do nothing about it......why it is itching your butt?.....

Yes Pakistani pashtuns have suffered soviet and nato invasion according to you, fact is only invasion they suffered along side rest of Pakistanis was terrorists from Afghanistan after 9/11 :disagree: You should consider Tajik, Hazaras, Uzbeks etc your nation instead of hating them.

Last edited:

You spend half your times here handing out certificates of being a Pashtun , classifying their grades with tribal ranking above the city chaps in KPK and telling us who's not included in Pashtun nation and you have the nerve to tell me nothing's wrong with it . You might not understand it but this is called racism . Everything wrong with being disrespectful for the country and putting the nationalism first before your country . The Afghan refugees though I believe will continue to show their true faces and then claim their racism as expressing their opinion for the better for their nation :azn:

Yes Pakistani pashtuns have suffered soviet and nato invasion according to :disagree:
In case you have not noticed, entire pashtun belt is burning.....

Pakistan army is more relentless when it comes to aerial bombardments, mad artillery shelling, tanks, cobra gunship shelling, disappearances, collateral damages .................I would have rather preferred military operations at the hands of NATO in KPK and FATA, preferable than getting killed and destroyed by your own state/army .
My people got used like fodders by pak military and now they are earning dollars by punishing us for the their sins.....at this rate we are doomed in 21st century, we shouldnt be kicked around by pak army and super powers.....sword, pen, political awareness, unity, discipline, islam and pashtunhood, every pakhtun should struggle for it or else their fate would be worse than red indians

In case you have not noticed, entire pashtun belt is burning.....

Pakistan army is more relentless when it comes to aerial bombardments, mad artillery shelling, tanks, cobra gunship shelling, disappearances, collateral damages .................I would have rather preferred military operations at the hands of NATO in KPK and FATA, preferable than getting killed and destroyed by your own state/army .
My people got used like fodders by pak military and now they are earning dollars by punishing us for the their sins.....at this rate we are doomed in 21st century, we shouldnt be kicked around by pak army and super powers.....sword, pen, political awareness, unity, discipline, islam and pashtunhood, every pakhtun should struggle for it or else their fate would be worse than red indians

Well smarty you are hater, as i said in my post before you quoted that only invasions Pakistani pashtuns suffered with rest of Pakistanis was Afghan/foreign terrorists after 9/11. They came in name of brotherhood and tricked simple tribals of FATA. Read this

"The shadows of darkness to which Bi Jan refers, lengthened in this valley more than a decade ago with hordes of foreign militants moving in from the Afghan border through the rugged hilly terrain and thick jungles of Shawal Mountain from Paktika province and Kurrum tribal belt into Mir Ali.

The local clerics, whose influence has steadily grown over the years, played on the religious sentiments of the tribesmen, calling on them to host these “mujahideen” out of a sense of brotherhood. Others, who were less idealistic, were lured with money. So the tribesmen welcomed these war-battered and defeated warriors and offered them shelter, believing that they would soon disappear back into the war-torn land of Afghanistan. But the hordes kept coming, first a trickle, then a flood."

The walking wounded of Waziristan: The lost tribes’ search for spring

After FATA is made sepate province or merged with FATA so Maliks can be replaced. Maliks stopped development in FATA, hell they didn't even allowed development of roads so FATA can be integrated with Pakistan because it will be end of their influence. And yes PAF is pounding hide outs of terrorists, you can consider them your brethen. Bengalis in army turned against Pakistan state in 71 war, while you are saying that pashtuns in army and ISI are allowing this supposed genocide of Pakistani pashtuns? If we can call killing terrorists genocide that is.

Afghanis will be kicked around till they don't get their act together. Especially Afghan pashtuns who are losing influence in Afghanistan by every passing day, and this time i doubt Pakistan will help. Your nation should include tajik, hazaras, uzbeks and not day dreaming of pakhtunistan.

You spend half your times here handing out certificates of being a Pashtun , classifying their grades with tribal ranking above the city chaps in KPK and telling us who's not included in Pashtun nation and you have the nerve to tell me nothing's wrong with it . You might not understand it but this is called racism . Everything wrong with being disrespectful for the country and putting the nationalism first before your country . The Afghan refugees though I believe will continue to show their true faces and then claim their racism as expressing their opinion for the better for their nation :azn:

Peace and stability in Pashtun belt , education , progress and cohesion of pakhtuns and stepping into 21st century is in the interest of Pakistan...........wishing for pakhtuns to give up on their natural identity and care for it, is your fascism. Making happy faces when pakhtuns of same faith of two countries throw dirt at each other, is your ugliness.

Listen to our songs, read our poetry, read our folk tales.......there is pashtun watan.....boundaries have changed, will change but pashtun watan is there.....you are asking me not to love my thousands of years old watan and qaum?, we should be the masters of our destiny , not the people who ran away from their homelands to new one for new opportunities and rule.

Peace and stability in Pashtun belt , education , progress and cohesion of pakhtuns and stepping into 21st century is in the interest of Pakistan...........wishing for pakhtuns to give up on their natural identity and care for it, is your fascism. Making happy faces when pakhtuns of same faith of two countries throw dirt at each other, is your ugliness.

Listen to our songs, read our poetry, read our folk tales.......there is pashtun watan.....boundaries have changed, will change but pashtun watan is there.....you are asking me not to love my thousands of years old watan and qaum?, we should be the masters of our destiny , not the people who ran away from their homelands to new one for new opportunities and rule.

With likes of you Pakistani pashtun belt can only go back to stone age like Afghanistan. We have seen progress in FATA when they were left alone to do their thing. Now thousands of them go to other provinces for work. Stepping in to 21st century mean integration with rest of the world, not confined to your own buble and think everything is all right.

Back
Top Bottom