What's new

JUNE (6th) Sikhs genocide rememberance

Thats a good step to save India from further criticism. Good they got it in 2012 :) after almost a century.

Do you think we Indians care what critics say about us?

Meray dost, this is a very superficial analysis. Sounds good to you, but that is about it.

Do you have a better analysis.. apart from your typical Hindu India rant.

Title of the news item in the first post says.."Declare state holiday on June 6 to commemorate Bhindranwale's martyrdom".. and what was this guy fighting for ... to get Popcorns???? He was fighting to break a piece of India.

Who told you that? b/w when people say bhindranwala was a terrorist then not sure how they forget mentioning Indira Gandhi who actually was the mentor?? Was she a terrorists as well? Look Bhindranwala became a hero becuase New Delhi treated Punjab like a third grade state....it was a political problem and New Delhi did all she can to fukc it up...and unfortunately those morons succeeded....Punjab rotted in hell for almost a decade...

Politics... just like PAkistani politics in 1970 elections forced East Pakistanis to call for a separate state. Real cause is simple... Just like Muslims in Subcontinent got Pakistan..Sikhs thought they can split the country 2nd time... but India was not going to let that happen.... thus the Khalistan movement was quashed...just like LTTE was quashed by Sri Lanka.

Sorry to say ur knowledge in this subject is rather pathetic...Khalistan movement was quashed because it lost people support...otherwise center did it best to crate a vicious circle because that is what morons can best do...

1) Raid on the Golden Temple is an unfortunate incident and GOI officially apologized for that incident.

2) Every religion has radicals with some degree of conservatism, the whole game of political game went wrong in the Golden temple incident, it is not a single incident. Some series of events lead to this, Every one including GOI is at fault.

3) I would say a conservative leader who do not fit into democratic setup.

4) Not at all, violence cannot be justified, I hope the trial will go well and justice will be given to the victims.

1) Apologies for grave mistakes is not enough...Apologies in words is not enough as well...Where is Justice??
2) Yes, everyone including GOI is at fault..
3) Ummm well the way we call Bhindranwala a conservative leader who do not fit into democratic set-up shall we have the same feelings for Indira Gandhi??
4) That is the problem...when it comes to justice all of our netizens(including me) can offer "Guilty Should be Punished"....yeah it just been 30 odd years and nothing much has been done...yet "Guilty Should be Punished"....

My history is correct...!!!!

It is a political Game and some times internal politics will link up with international Issues. It is not what it appears to the outside.

Like I said the entire Bindranwale episode is not handled well by GOI administration. Some times politicians have to pay for policy failures.

Policy Failures??...this is indeed interesting...I would love to see what can i be further taught on this subject...so my humble request...Why don't you help us out then with the history....How as per you Bhindranwala became such a big name??

No it isn't. IG propped up Brindanwale to take on the Akalis. Backfired big time. Everybody suffered. Blame must mainly rest on the creators.

Yes blame must be on every body, including Government administration and politicians.

Policy Failures??...this is indeed interesting...I would love to see what can i be further taught on this subject...so my humble request...Why don't you help us out then with the history....How as per you Bhindranwala became such a big name??

Policy of supporting a conservative leader. It is not like Indira likes Bindranwale and so she can support. It is based on policies, estimates and existing conditions.

What more should be done? besides punishing perpetrators of 1984 riots
I thought the riots and Operation Bluestar were two different events.

Op. Bluestar > Indira Gandhi killed > 1984 Riots.

What more should be done? besides punishing perpetrators of 1984 riots

Even if we achieve that...it is not going to be less then a miracle...b/w what next should be done is to be fair....indira Gandhi's role was very dubious in this entire saga however in the history lessons this entire saga is missing...she is only shown as an Iron Lady and a great Indian Leader...which is not what the truth is...If we don't want to do it then we have no right to criticize anyone who want's to honour Bindranwala!!

Even if we achieve that...it is not going to be less then a miracle...b/w what next should be done is to be fair....indira Gandhi's role was very dubious in this entire saga however in the history lessons this entire saga is missing...she is only shown as an Iron Lady and a great Indian Leader...which is not what the truth is...If we don't want to do it then we have no right to criticize anyone who want's to honour Bindranwala!!

I am expecting this sometime when Ghandhi Dynasty politics ends.

Policy of supporting a conservative leader. It is not like Indira likes Bindranwale and so she can support. It is based on policies, estimates and existing conditions.

The question is not about supporting a conservative leader...bhindranwala was not even a leader at that time...anyhow what was the motive behind the support...that is what will define the policy and that is what i am asking...in case you know then share it otherwise plz stop using such big words...

I am expecting this sometime when Ghandhi Dynasty politics ends.
Sorry my friend but that is not happening....i may sound pessimist but i believe i am right....Had that been the case we would have got justice during BJP regime...

Sorry my friend but that is not happening....i may sound pessimist but i believe i am right....Had that been the case we would have got justice during BJP regime...

My guess is people consider the Khalistan issue dead judging economic prosperity and almost no signs of extremism in Punjab. Hence complacency.

The question is not about supporting a conservative leader...bhindranwala was not even a leader at that time...anyhow what was the motive behind the support...that is what will define the policy and that is what i am asking...in case you know then share it otherwise plz stop using such big words...

The motive was same, to get votes based on Sikh sentiments, Some where the estimates went wrong and so Golden Temple happened.

As I said earlier the entire episode is not handled properly, this situation is also called policy hijack. Some times Administration drafts policies but during the coarse, the situation gets out of control and they may not execute the policy correctly.

Then some tragedies occur as a result.

This is about justice, did any innocent citizen who was killed in Lal Masjid got Justice??

Did Musharaff took any of the responsibility??

lol nice try to derail the thread, if you have problem with lal masjid or want justice for them go start a thread in relevant section. we are discussing Sikh suppression and massacre.
people were given enough time to leave lal masjid, those who stayed behind were terrorist sympathizers . and justice was served to them by killing them

Back
Top Bottom