What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course that is the correct strategy to pursue, but it seems to have had zero success thus far. May be it will take off soon, no pun intended.

JSF started much before JFT did. Its still under testing and is under integration with the US Forces. It doesn't mean that it will have no customers.

Just because we haven't had a 2nd buyer so far, doesn't mean that we won't.

JSF started much before JFT did. Its still under testing and is under integration with the US Forces. It doesn't mean that it will have no customers.

Just because we haven't had a 2nd buyer so far, doesn't mean that we won't.

I can agree with that. The chances of sales successes are always there, of course!

Yes, of course that is the correct strategy to pursue, but it seems to have had zero success thus far. May be it will take off soon, no pun intended.

Now you are way out of context!:stop:

We can use a bit of luck and a bit of optimism.

Yes, I can agree with that too, but it is good to keep in mind that luck favors those who do not include it in their plans.

Yes, I can agree with that too, but it is good to keep in mind that luck favors those who do not include it in their plans.

We have professional people marketing our gear. They are more pragmatic than we the speculators.

We have professional people marketing our gear. They are more pragmatic than we the speculators.

Of course, the professionalism of those marketing the JF-17 is not in doubt. The results are.

Procurement doesn't depend on the marketers. Rafale has failed in many nations too.

Exactly. The Rafale is a capable plane, but its lack of sales success is a testament to the fact that factors other than the plane itself have a great role to play. The same will likely hold true for the JF-17 too.

Exactly. The Rafale is a capable plane, but its lack of sales success is a testament to the fact that factors other than the plane itself have a great role to play. The same will likely hold true for the JF-17 too.

Rafale is also 5 times more expensive, which is a testament to the fact that its outside the affordability of much of the developing countries. You can will buy a Casio if you can't buy a Rolex.

Rafale is also 5 times more expensive, which is a testament to the fact that its outside the affordability of much of the developing countries. You can will buy a Casio if you can't buy a Rolex.

Rafale is in a different category than the JF-17. My point is that it will take factors other than great affordability and good price/performance ratio to score sales successes for the JF-17.

@VCheng

Hold your horses mate....

JFT was not designed for export. It's only customer was to be PAF. That's it. Since the aircraft has performed beyond expectations vis-a-vis F-16 blk52s, it might be good that it can be offered to nations that have no experience or budget to handle western fighters. Many African and Central Asian nations wan't to upgrade their air forces. No other fighter in the world gives them this BVR capability at this cost. JF-17 is the only option.

So if Pakistan-China get some export sales, it should be treated as a Bonus and not an expectation.

@VCheng

Hold your horses mate....

JFT was not designed for export. It's only customer was to be PAF. That's it. Since the aircraft has performed beyond expectations vis-a-vis F-16 blk52s, it might be good that it can be offered to nations that have no experience or budget to handle western fighters. Many African and Central Asian nations wan't to upgrade their air forces. No other fighter in the world gives them this BVR capability at this cost. JF-17 is the only option.

So if Pakistan-China get some export sales, it should be treated as a Bonus and not an expectation.

And so shall it be. I can agree with that. If any nations think that the JF-17 is the way to go and purchase it, then let it be treated as a pleasant surprise.

And so shall it be. I can agree with that. If any nations think that the JF-17 is the way to go and purchase it, then let it be treated as a pleasant surprise.
What he is doing??
Such a waste of time with such not needed not on topic waste of time poor discussion based on questions and comments.
Should be kicked out of thread..:mad:
@Aeronaut @Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom