What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
559908_451574564915633_780699019_n.jpg

This camo might be used on aircraft dedicated for night missions ... Visibilty will not be a problem then

The last point is the most shocking one.

Everyone here expected the IFR probe to be installed on Block II, and the time line for Block II was mid-2013, but this statement shows it a couple of years away.

THis could mean one of two things. The IFR is not going to be installed on Block II, or the Block II isn't going to come in another couple of years.

"within 1 year" in Chinese COULD also mean this year, though.

lets see it is best thing if they have IFR as now they look like poor old jets . all of the modern jets have IFR .

lets see it is best thing if they have IFR as now they look like poor old jets . all of the modern jets have IFR .

There isn't any urgent need of a IFR right now.

Sure it's a bonus but it isn't needed too urgently, so it can wait.

There isn't any urgent need of a IFR right now.

Sure it's a bonus but it isn't needed too urgently, so it can wait.

but sir jee they look like 3rd gen in this look . first we don't see active missiles and weapons and also no IFR ? no customer will attract in its same old look .

Well fingers crossed but I am not too hopeful...

IFR is actually not a big issue at the moment. JF-17s are not going for long-range strike missions anytime soon.

but sir jee they look like 3rd gen in this look . first we don't see active missiles and weapons and also no IFR ? no customer will attract in its same old look .

Imran Khan,

The only customer right now is PAF. Anyone else would be a bonus and only after PAF demands have been met.

IFR is actually not a big issue at the moment. JF-17s are not going for long-range strike missions anytime soon.

Imran Khan,

The only customer right now is PAF. Anyone else would be a bonus and only after PAF demands have been met.

i think we missed it . from starting we can make it glamorous like others but till date never seen fully loaded JFT. We did it in hurry i think sir .

i think we missed it . from starting we can make it glamorous like others but till date never seen fully loaded JFT. We did it in hurry i think sir .

JF-17 was designed only for PAF on PAF's request. They did not have intention to sell to others. If we can manage export sales, good. If not, not a big deal. JF-17 will continue to evolve over the next decade.

JF-17 was designed only for PAF on PAF's request. They did not have intention to sell to others. If we can manage export sales, good. If not, not a big deal. JF-17 will continue to evolve over the next decade.

i know it sir but fighters market is very big its not the logic we made it for PAF only .hundreds of F-7 A-5 F-6 was exported so i think there are more high chances of JFT exports only we need good marketing and we have billions of$ sales .

The last point is the most shocking one.

Everyone here expected the IFR probe to be installed on Block II, and the time line for Block II was mid-2013, but this statement shows it a couple of years away.

THis could mean one of two things. The IFR is not going to be installed on Block II, or the Block II isn't going to come in another couple of years.

most probably by this he meant to be made operational within 1 or 2 years.

ofcourse if production of JFT 2 starts in mid 2013..expect first squadron only in 2014 oct-dec

one point confirmed from the above interview is the development of jft with stealthy design.

most probably by this he meant to be made operational within 1 or 2 years.

ofcourse if production of JFT 2 starts in mid 2013..expect first squadron only in 2014 oct-dec

one point confirmed from the above interview is the development of jft with stealthy design.

If you remember, a few months ago and last year, the induction date was slated to be mid 2013, this was said on the various forums and on articles.

If you remember, a few months ago and last year, the induction date was slated to be mid 2013, this was said on the various forums and on articles.

Delays in such projects are usually due to two reasons, technical or financial. Since we are great at solving technical problems and horrible at solving financial problems, my guess is that we don't have enough money to take the project forward at a quick pace. It will move ahead, but more slowly.

i really dont think production of block 2 has started yet.

may be they induct or make a public debut of 1 block 2 jft like in 2009 nov they had shown the first pac assembled JFT.

Delays in such projects are usually due to two reasons, technical or financial. Since we are great at solving technical problems and horrible at solving financial problems, my guess is that we don't have enough money to take the project forward at a quick pace. It will move ahead, but more slowly.

Or the indian reason... Unable to deliver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom