What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then it will going to have retractable inflight re-fueling probe with CFTs and composites with WS-13(100KN)....

- It will NEVER have a retractable probe, the nose is not big enough.
- No CFTs either, the fuselage's design cannot support CFT. It will be like a flying box from the front view.
- Composites, first of all they're expensive to make, second they are ridiculously expensive to maintain.
- And Allah knows if PAF will ever buy the WS-13...

Block 2 config is being tested for quite a while now in China.

yepp.

i hope prototype of block II is revealed before entry into mass production.

if we are suppose to get view of block 2 with 4th squadron induction than it is likely we might nt see jft 2 in 2013.or in nov/dec 2013

Gentlemen, lets keep the thread clean of personal remarks -- The forum encourages contributions from all the members and value their efforts

Do you know what is Block 2 configuration? How many hardpoints?

Hi,

Please let us know what the infatuation is with that number of hard points with the size of this aircraft----please share with us what will more hard points do---what need and requirements would they fulfill---. Thank you.

Absolutely not. The JFT has three specific purposes: 1: To replace aging jets with 4th gen capability. 2: Reduced cost to capability (1:3) when compared to capability measurement against F-16 B-30's and Mirage 2000's and Mig 29 (before SMT). 3: Work horse (2nd tier that can hold it's own) with bvr missiles, modern radar, in house development and NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
So the above were and are being accomplished by the JFT very effectively.
Now you can't take this jet and try to turn it into an F-15 or EFT. That would be terrible. In fact, now that Pakistan has the know how. It needs to move up a notch and get some 4.5 gen tech transferred from Pakistan. I personally think it is time for J-11B and J-31 for Pakistan but I know $$$$ are a huge issue. So FC-20 is definitely a better option for the high end of PAF's jets. On paper, this jet's future version B-batch II is equivalent to EFT and Rafale's class. So that's a lot.
Introduce this and build it in Pakistan without strings, you've turn the tables around from a capability's standpoint. Next step for the PAF would be to introduce J-11 or J-16 and J-31. These would change the equations from a balance's standpoint. By then, Pakistan may also be operating Stealth UAV's with tactical payload capability.

Dude are you nuts. You mean a fighter made of aluminium body, 105 km radar range for 5m2 target, with 3.5 ton payload and not up to the mark avionics, old age EW suite, higher RCS area, lower max speed of Mach 1.6 and much more is comparable to EFT and RAFALE.

Hi,

Please let us know what the infatuation is with that number of hard points with the size of this aircraft----please share with us what will more hard points do---what need and requirements would they fulfill---. Thank you.

The only advantage that I can see is an additional hardpoint to carry a pod like WMD7.(News cortesy of Hkhan of pakdef.info). I gather this change has been made in block two_Otherwise overloading a small plane with unnecessary waeapons compromises both performance and longevity. With multiple ejector racks a 4+2 combination is more than enoungh for most encounters in the sub continent arena.
I personally feel that the drawing of the twin seater under current constraints with engine tech and finances maybe a pipe dream. However even if we can get a twinseater in this configuration you can basically forget J10.
Araz

Dude are you nuts. You mean a fighter made of aluminium body, 105 km radar range for 5m2 target, with 3.5 ton payload and not up to the mark avionics, old age EW suite, higher RCS area, lower max speed of Mach 1.6 and much more is comparable to EFT and RAFALE.

I can also quote the capabilities of an aircraft from multiple sources taking the ones that are lower to down play its capabilities .... but then again im not you so I wont do it ....

Aluminium body - Ask think tanks who are on quote reporting that composites have started to be incorporated in the airframe of JF-17, however since you insist even your own vayu sena tripod website quotes the MKI composite usage to be about 6%. SO that makes it a crappy jet??

kf-17_11.jpg

But since ive been noticing your posts, you said it in terms of RCS, so heck why dont you consider

-DSI intakes (used in F-35/J-20/J-31 and J-10B)
-Curved intakes
-RAM paint
-Small size of the JFT

Slide2.JPG

Slide1.JPG

NQQNe.jpg

all into account before you go start and shoving BR crap down people's throats ...

-Secondly, 105 Km for 5m2 radar is a modest range,infact its directly comparable to the APG-68 series in AA modes, if you have been doing some research you would have known the recent update from kanwa news quoting PAF's Javaid Ahmed reported KLJ-07 having 130 odd KM range for 5m2. (that is better than the radars onboard the SAAB Gripen C/D speaking in terms of range)

Q7vCU.jpg

-3.5 T payload .... First of all tell us what payload do you want from a light weight classed fighter?? anyways check the presentation of Mr Yaing weing the director of the project saying it has around 4 tonnes of payload.
jf-17%20THUNDER%20FIGHTER%20JET%20PAKISTAN%20paf%20People%27s%20Liberation%20Army%20Air%20Force%20PLAAF%20Pakistan%20Aeronautical%20Complex%20Kamra%20Specification%20OFFICIAL%20PRESENTATION%20(11).jpg

-1.6 mach .. check the zhuhai release ..quoted to be 1.8 Mach.

jf-17_thunder_izmir_airshow_specs_chart.jpg

-Avionics
Not up to the mark ?? Who told you that kiddo ??
Read the posts of TT and other people with better knowledge quoting avionics to be on par with the F-16 B 40 etc (that too is being modest)

-Old age EW suite

Since you are such an ignorant brat here lemme just show you a little reality before you open your ignorant mouth again ...

jf-17%20THUNDER%20FIGHTER%20JET%20PAKISTAN%20paf%20People%27s%20Liberation%20Army%20Air%20Force%20PLAAF%20Pakistan%20Aeronautical%20Complex%20Kamra%20Specification%20OFFICIAL%20PRESENTATION%20(10).jpg

JF-17's EW suite is very complex. It combines radar warning receiver and missile proximity receiver to form surveillence system and combined with ECM work. JF-17 uses uses something to diagnose RWR. It can receive a lot of information like fighter radar, missile seeker, A2S guidance radar and provides within 1.5 degree news. RAR has about 100+ radar info repository. It uses measured info to compare. detect the threatening origin and correct (radar type or fighter type?) and warning level. This repository can improve to 300. It can allow reprogramming, receive wartime newly discovered radar signal. 04's improved tail (backside" contains a missile proximity receiver. There will probably be two more put on the fighter for 360 degree coverage. It uses infrared and purple dual band imagine device. It has a purple red window? It can sense missile's rocket engine spoke from 20 KM in. It can correctly predict missile's location, trail and such. It can even estimate engagement time. It can be expanded to a fighter/missile recognition system. It can also provide some infrared imaging, communicate with RWR and hopefully can develop passive signal detection technology.

04's EW suite also has a ECM pod. It and the ECM on the tail provide joint work. ECM current uses traidtional infrared something? modern missile's countermeasure to this is getting stronger each day. To let this simple and cheap ECM achieve high efficiency shows system's level, RWR, MPR and such. This system is only equipped by rafale and F-22. F-18E/F and F-16E/F needs upgrade to have this. 04 should also have ECM inside of fighter. It uses modern ECM technology and uses precise tracking system. Can achieve the affect of large ECM machine with small equipment. This ECM is most modern active guided AAM. It can also counter gither radar lock and scan. It's mainly for PAF's enemy IAF's R-77 missiles.To acommodate modern web of combat. 04 is equipped with 2 ECM vs radar tower and something else. It can receive datalink info from ground or AWACS.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool.html#ixzz2GF5uyyho

04 uses a hotas controller? pilot can keep hands on controller and still control the fighter's sensor mode, weapon and display. This greatly reduces a pilots movement and makes operation much easier. The controller does not affect the position in combat? Basically, allows pilots to keep the hand on the controller in combat. The earlier western 4th generation fighters like F-16A/B only had limited functions on the controller. JF-17 hotas uses advanced western design like F-16C/d, F-18C/D and Mirage2K5's newest model for design.

Also, the system has different controls dependent on the hand size, length and finger size and length of the user. Basically, uses customizable controller. Allows a lot of activities done with limited energy. 04 uses all digital integrated electronic display. all computers/electronics uses 2 STD-MTL-1553B databus combined, curren info shared repository and shared data repository. According to demand, it also divides into weapons w/commands, radar, EW, communication, electronic control, payload control, FBW and so on. This avionics system's core lies in 2 advanced weapons controlling computer. these two computers do something... Each computer controls 1 double thick 1553B databus?

This computer uses new structure system. It uses main controller rights to receive and process each system's info. At the same time, receive pilot's command. Uses command to control other systems. It's current world's most advanced input computer and main line integration web. Very few new fighters has this kind of complex and high speed system like typhoon, rafale and F-16 E/F. This system uses battle flight software package to exercise control and allows using development of more detailed software package to improve fighter capability and work load. Weapon controlling computer directly connects to MFD's structure. It uses information from each system to display on the 1 HUD and 3MFDs. Radar system is another important part of JF-17.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool.html#ixzz2GF6XLUPn

THESE ARE JUST LITTLE BITS, GO TO JF-17 INFO POOL AND DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU WASTE EVERY ONES TIME AND ENERGY ON POSTING JUST HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE...

Ahem!!! I suggest you read his post again. We all rely on information available on the net and J10 B will come with composites AESA radar and much more. So please engage gear before typing the next time. Aloose clutch could land you in the repair shop for some time.
Araz

Anony it is sad that people have to qoute jft info pool where I have already posted the info so as to stop worthless posting , to educate you

On one hand you say jags and mig 27s are state of the art 4rth gen fighters.. on the other hand you say that older models of f16s are not even 4th gen at all...

You have been posting misleading info regarding jft and i am getting tired of these rants

Next time you will start getting my undivided 'attention'

antibody
nabil

These pictures that we see with 9 hardpoints, is that jf17 block 2 or is this something that will be block 3?.

I a few months back saw a small strip in attock next to the river just below tarbela, i saw quite a few mirages take off and land near jalalia is this a future new base?.

antibody
nabil

These pictures that we see with 9 hardpoints, is that jf17 block 2 or is this something that will be block 3?.

I a few months back saw a small strip in attock next to the river just below tarbela, i saw quite a few mirages take off and land near jalalia is this a future new base?.

where have you seen jft pictures with 9 hardpoints ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom