What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about PL-21.Here is some info

If you are takling about a different system please let me know through a link. It is first time i am listening something as SD-10A.

PL-21 is a future concept, just on the drawing board, i am talking about PL-12 / SD-10 or SD-10A

Question is if Chinese has HQ-9 why they are importing S-300 from Russia? Think :azn: How PAF can accept a system which Chinese forces themselves did not receive.

The versions China is importing of S-300 are the latest ones reaching ranges of about 200KM+ as their own HQ-9 official range has been increased to 125KM from 100KM. Also unconfirmed reports that China has started to assemble the latest versions locally or after getting the technology from Russia have modified them to be more better. HQ-9 has TVM technology supposedly stolen from Americans Patriot Missile Technology.

Problem with Chinese weapon system is that they are very secretive about them, don't let much information out specially the latest ones. By the way HQ-9 batteries have now been started to induct in numbers meaning that they have become competitive enough.

PL-21 is a future concept, just on the drawing board, i am talking about PL-12 / SD-10 or SD-10A

But Pl-12 is SD-10. Where this SD-10A come from? Any source Bro

here is a Pic of SD-10A from the Zuhai Airshow 2008

One and same thing to origianal PL-12 or SD-10

Aft view of PL-12 / SD-10A on display at Zhuhai 2008 (image © 2009, Zhenguan Studio).
SD-10A is a new generation of mid-range active radar-guided air to air missiles, and the performance with the U.S. military AIM120 some models in the same grade

通过SD-10A中距空空导弹的研制,中国已经突破了新型空空导弹研制的一些关键技术,将来还会在SD10A的基础上发展出其他一系列性能更加优秀的空空导弹 SD-10A in the distance through the air to air missile development, China has developed a breakthrough new type of air to air missiles, some of the key technologies in the future will also SD10A on the basis of a number of other properties to develop a more excellent air to air missiles,

网易军事航展专稿 Netease military airshow Zhuangao :这次展出的SD-10A主动雷达制导中距空空导弹为中国第四代先进超视距空空导弹,整体技术达到世界同类产品的先进水平。 : The display SD-10A from the active radar-guided air to air missiles to China in the fourth generation of advanced BVR air to air missiles, the overall technology has reached the advanced level of similar products in the world.

作为主动雷达制导中距空空导弹,SD-10A突破了半主动雷达制导中距空空导弹的技术局限性,结合新一代战机的先进火控系统,像国产歼十这样的战机能够用其挂载的多枚SD-10A进行真正的多目标攻击,搭载SD-10A的国产新一代战机在预警机的配合下能够控制更广阔的空域,直接威胁对手的敏感目标如预警机、电子战机、加油机等,使空战态势朝对中国有利的方向发展。 As a mid-range active radar-guided air to air missiles, SD-10A broke away from the semi-active radar-guided air to air missile technology limitations, combined with an advanced fire control system for a new generation of fighter planes, fighter jets such as the domestic Jianshi able to mount the rounds of SD-10A to conduct a genuine multi-target attack, carrying home-made new generation of SD-10A fighter jet squadrons to control a wider cooperation with the airspace, direct threat to the opponent's sensitive targets, such as early warning aircraft, electronic fighters, refueling, so that China's air combat posture toward favorable direction.

作为全新的中距空空导弹,SD-10A顺应了未来战争信息化、网络化的潮流。 As a new mid-range air to air missiles, SD-10A response to a future information warfare and network-based trend. 在SD-10A的基础上采取改进发动机和推进剂的方式能够进一步延展其作战范围,发展出超远射程空空导弹,或者改装为打击低层太空目标的导弹。 In the SD-10A taken on the basis to improve the way the engine and propellant can further extend the scope of its operations and develop long-range air to air missiles, a trade surplus, or converted into a low-level targets in space against missiles.

另外从航展上的展品中看出,SD-10A具有很好的扩展性,可以在SD-10A的基础上发展出性能优异的地面防空系统,这种空地结合的方式,不仅极大的增强了解放军的战斗力,也大大减轻了后勤保障的压力。 In addition, from air show to see the exhibits, SD-10A has a good scalability, SD-10A can be developed based on the excellent performance of the ground-air defense systems, such as the way the open space, not only greatly enhanced of the PLA's combat effectiveness, but also greatly reduces the logistical pressures.

SD-10A主要数据: SD-10A main data:

直径203MM,重199KG,长3934MM,作战高度0~21千米,射程超过70公里,采用双推力固体发动机,最大速度超过4马赫,过载38G,可以全天候、全方位攻击高机动目标。 Diameter 203MM, weight 199KG, long-3934MM, combat altitude of 0 to 21 km, a range of more than 70 kilometers, double-thrust solid rocket motor, a maximum speed of more than 4 Mach, overload 38G, all-weather, all-round attack on a high maneuvering targets.
http://www.translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xtxcm.com%2Fnews%2F2008-11%2F08%2Fcontent_98561.htm&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&history_state0=

What is difference? Please give me a source if there is any internal difference, Specs of SD-10A also tells it is original SD-10/PL-12.

One and same thing to origianal PL-12 or SD-10

What is difference? Please give me a source if there is any internal difference,

Bro, its just like the AMRAAM-120 series where you have the A version, then B, then C & D. Similarly the original SD-10 was quoted to have a range of 70 to 80KM, but latest reports suggest its range has been increased to 100KM or may be more.

In my opinion range would be the basic difference & may be the seeker technology may have been improved over the original SD-10 version.

Bro, its just like the AMRAAM-120 series where you have the A version, then B, then C & D. Similarly the original SD-10 was quoted to have a range of 70 to 80KM, but latest reports suggest its range has been increased to 100KM or may be more.

In my opinion range would be the basic difference & may be the seeker technology may have been improved over the original SD-10 version.

And i just wanted to see those reports... :) I will willingly accept SD-10 with improved range... Why not...:cheers:

dear web master and other MODS.
im not a fan of this singer or not even taken the money for marketing his song over here.i am posting this song just because of different clips of beloved jf17 which is not available any where saprately.
SO KINDLY DO NOT DELETE MY POST AND LET THE LOVERS OF JF-17 LOVE IT MORE.
and i also request members,just watch the video,love the beauty and get back to normal postes.
enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

i also comfirms that the range of sd10 is now 100km or more.
i have seen this on different websites along with Wikipedia.:yahoo:

but im confused that after having a missile of 100km why we r running for MICA.:undecided:

i also comfirms that the range of sd10 is now 100km or more.
i have seen this on different websites along with Wikipedia.:yahoo:

but im confused that after having a missile of 100km why we r running for MICA.:undecided:

Because Chinese Missiles may not work with Western FCS of the western origin aircraft we have.

Plus MICA has many variants, classifying it into a Short Range WVR missile or as a Medium Range MRAAM missile as the max range of any of the MICA variant is 60KM or so.

Also MICA is being tabled as a package deal for the JF-17, radar & missiles both.

While SD-10 would be looking at 100KM+ range.

Debatable at best. Even in visual range combat, radar is being used and both the F-22's and F-35's designs are targeted at the ghz bands, the missile tracking/targeting bands.

But in visual range they won't be as stealthy (as you stated befor too), so radars will detect them and fighters like EF, Rafale, Su 35 should be way better in maneuverability and t/w ratios.
If weapons are carried externally, then it is reasonable to assume that airborne threats are either none or minimal. In that case, just about any multi-role fighters will do the ground strikes just fine. Any fighters that are 'better' than the F-35 will be so because of increased payloads. But the intention of the F-35 is to penetrate high EM threat environments and successfully deliver its weapons to decrease and/or eliminate those high EM threat environments to prepare the area for others.
No it is not! In the first hours, or days of war (where air superiority is not achieved), F35 have to do strike missions too and can only carry 2 a2g weapons internally. That means it don't depent only on the threat environment if they carry external loads, but also on the limitation the internal weapon stations offers.

Because Chinese Missiles may not work with Western FCS of the western origin aircraft we have.

Plus MICA has many variants, classifying it into a Short Range WVR missile or as a Medium Range MRAAM missile as the max range of any of the MICA variant is 60KM or so.

Also MICA is being tabled as a package deal for the JF-17, radar & missiles both.

While SD-10 would be looking at 100KM+ range.

bro we dont have any westren origin aircraft,except f-16 and aimraam r on their way for these birds.
i dont think 60km is gona work against 100km.
sd10 is much better with a normal radar klj.
but i dont think if pakistan is goint to get rc-400 then sd10 is in trouble.
plus mica have thrust verctoring system,it can turn tight rounds.

so confusing to select the package.

A very healthy topic f discussion. keep it up.........

pakistan must have minimum detternce for enemy

Last edited by a moderator:
bro we dont have any westren origin aircraft,except f-16 and aimraam r on their way for these birds.
i dont think 60km is gona work against 100km.
sd10 is much better with a normal radar klj.
but i dont think if pakistan is goint to get rc-400 then sd10 is in trouble.
plus mica have thrust verctoring system,it can turn tight rounds.

so confusing to select the package.

First of all i was clarifying the query of another member, so in that context i wrote the post.

I did not said MICA is better then SD-10, as i said MICA has different versions, so we don't know which version PAF is talking about & just said that MICA BVR version has a max range of 60Km mush less then SD-10, as the dude had asked that why we going for MICA when we have SD-10.

Also mentioned that MICA was talked about in a package deal with a radar for JF-17, not as an individual weapon system.

Plus MICA can also work on an F-16, but best suited in the WVR category not as a BVR.

PAF if did go for MICA & European radar package, it would be in low figures as they are sanction prone, while Chinese systems are not.

wooopss,
so it seems like another A vs b thread in the making,,, :lol:
well i have been through the last three pages and that really was a good discussion ,,
well for JF17 and its future a very intresting point that we always seem to neglect is that the specs that we talk about abd make comparisons on there bases surfaced some good three four years ago. it is highly improbable that PAF will still be sticknig to that old KJ7 radar and old avionics. we have learnt somethings about some physical modificationas they can be assessed visually but nothing concret can be said about the soft part like avionics and radars specs.
for the missile SD10, that too as mentioned by s poster was the earlier version and PAF will surely get hands onto more advanced version as they are in the market now!
we will be in a much better position to evaluate its performance we are done with the first block and specs of BlkII are somewhat known. i do not say that we will be better informed after the first squadron as it will be a very basic version. moreover, being a replacement of A5 it wont be wise to take its specs as the specs of MRCA JF17!!
what do you guys suggest??

regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom