What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I think we all must restraint from this Fighter Vs Fighter comparison. We all have learned over the years that these comparisons often proved to be nothing informative but leaded to flame wars. So we must stick to Thunders and their capabilities in this threat.

Peace

How many JF-17 Thunder is Pakistan suppose to get by end of the year , I keep hering different numbers ...

8 + 8 = 16 planes in inventory (end of 2009)

Or will be 8 + 12 = 20 planes?

Now that these babies are being MASS produced :cheesy: will we get new induction reports -

Ever since last year Pakistan has gone silent on exact number of JF17 Thunders in inventory , I am assuming its for secrecy and advantage may be we have 30 JF 17 Thunders now ???

What do you guys think ??

When will we get more Thunders in stock ??? :bounce:

I hope PAF will get 30 - 40 before 23rd March 2010.

Why worry about the Su-30's; in the near future the bulk of the deployment will be against China; not Pakistan :woot:

India is being propped up by the US against china; just as Pakistan was made to go against the Soviet Union; biiiiiiig mistake :partay:

Nodoubt SU-30 MKI is dangerous and yet we dont have any fighter to counter it.

JF-17 is low end 4 Gen Multi-Role-Fighter (Fighter-Bomber)
My rough estimates of JF-17 (Current Block-1) capabilities is given below.
( < means inferior, > means better, = equal, >> much better, << much inferior )

JF-17 >>> F7P / F7PG
JF-17 >>> Mig21 Bison
JF-17 > Mirage 3/5 Rose
JF-17 >= Mirage 2000 (Air-Air) (Original Configuration)
JF-17 <= Mirage 2000 (Air-Ground)
JF-17 >= Mig29 (original configuration)
JF-17 < Mig29 (current upgraded configuration)
JF-17 ~= LCA/Tejas
JF-17 >= F-16 Block 15
JF-17 ~= F-16 Block 30/40
JF-17 < F-16 Block 50
JF-17 << F-16 Block 60
JF-17 << FC20 (with AESA+Engine upgrades, only if materialize)
JF-17 << Su27/J11
JF-17 << F-18 (original)
JF-17 <<< F-18 (current advanced)
JF-17 <<< Su30 MKI
JF-17 <<< Eurofighter/Rafale (latest upgraded configurations)

Please Correct me if I am wrong

Regards,
Sapper

100&#37; agreed, Pak shld work on engine and radar tomake it more batter.

Wrong. It can go against any of the aircrafts mentioned above. It depends on the situation. Specifications vice may be ahead in some terms, but thats not the whole point in the combat scenario.

100% agreed sir, but I was only comparing specs and technology, the original ability is compareable with the men behind the machines.

I think your statement is misleading too. Any fighter can go against any other fighter, but the question is of the odds (i.e. probability) of coming out in one piece ASSUMING EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL ON THE TWO OPPOSING SIDES.

Mig-29 ... ...hmmm? We have several version with very wide range of capabilities. You need to be more specific and say which version you think is comparable to the FC-1.

Basic original version of Mig-29.

JF17 will be a very smart and cost effective way to replace in particular the very old mirage 3/5 airframes. These are over 40 years old.

The dilemma for PAF by 2015 IAF will be fielding 280 su30mki (IAF abt to order 50 more mki) and prehaps another 126 F18SH/RAFALE/TYPHOON class fighters.

Thats 400 fighters probably 2/3RDS OF IAF will be one generation newer than JF17 BY 2020.

The JF17 May become obselete in face of IAF massive Flanker/mmrca programme very quickly.

Agreed, If IAF would have 230+ SU 30 MKI and 126 MRCA b4 2015, surely they will be superior in technology only by 2015.

But dont forget PAF is not sleeping. Surely they will come up with counter plans and inductions.

F18 Super hornets and in deed F15 EAGLES are twin engined Fighters.

They carry bigger radars bigger Arms payload and over longer distances.

They also carry more jammers and can survive a direct hit in some cases having 2 engines.

The F16 like the JF17 is single engine and smaller size. Less powerful radars less load and range. LESS chance of surviving a direct hit.

But single engines means

Cheaper to buy and maintain.
Quicker sortie rates
one pilot
LOWER RCS some times.

Having said this the worlds best ranked fighters are all twin engines.

F22
Typhoon/Rafale
SU35/SU30MKI
F18S/H F15S

Wt abt F-35.....its single engine and far batter then Typhoon/Rafale,
SU35/SU30MKI and F18S/H F15S.

At the moment , I cant compare F22- with F-35 as both of them are products of lockheed. probabily both would have same capabilities.

Batman.

F22 SU30 F15 RAFALE AND TYPHOON are twin engined for the reasons mentioned above.

F16 is good platform thanks to APG radar and Amraams.

But that means nothing to the poor JF17 pilot who has to fly against 400 su30mki and mmrca

BATMAN wasnt comparing JF-17 , he was saying abt F-16

BATMAN said:
Where did this come from?

Quote:
Having said this the worlds best ranked fighters are all twin engines.

F22
Typhoon/Rafale
SU35/SU30MKI
F18S/H F15S

Did you flew SU-30 against F-16 at red flag?
FYI, F-16 is ranked the best fighter and it is proven in battels and mock up excercises.
Single engine fighters are always the better dog fighters and if equiped with best stand off wepons than twin engine is as much on risk as single engine.

Some information for you people.

PAF Peshawar Airbase under the MOB Northern Air Command, Headquarters having No. 36 Wing (Tactical Attack)

It has 3 Sqn that are No 16 Sqn, No. 26 Sqn and No. 81 Sqn
First 2 Sqd using A-5 ~ 20 and 22 respectively and last Sqd having 2 Alouette III helos.

And all of these 42 A5 is first going to be replaced by JF-17 by mid 2010. 1st No 16 Sqn will be replaced by the end of this year as announced by Chief of Air Staff early in this year.

The initial 50 JF-17 are with basic config ....For later Sqd on other basis JF-17 will be more modernized with western weapons and radars.

I feel that would be big bang for Peshawar Airbase to move from A5 to latest machine and the pilots wouldnt be using bomber crafts rather they would be using Latest and modern Multi-Role Aircraft.

Last edited:
I think some Erieye may also based there keeping FATA and Swat region in mind. What u guys say?

Last night, Group Capitan Jawad , in Live with Tallat , Aaj Tv , said yet we have not capability at night strike , is this right and if we have JF-17 with night attack capability then why we don't use those in Sawat ?

Last night, Group Capitan Jawad , in Live with Tallat , Aaj Tv , said yet we have not capability at night strike , is this right and if we have JF-17 with night attack capability then why we don't use those in Sawat ?

Becoz JF-17 has not yet become operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom