* Look down shoot down capability
* Self Protection radar jamming pod
* comabat radious 1352 km
* BWR capability with SD10\PL12
* Day/night laser designator targeting pod
* Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) pod
* stealth
and many other things

isnt it a true 4.5th generation fighter????
cant go against f-16??? mig-29??? su-30???

* Glass cockpit
* 3 MFDs
* HOTAS
* HMD
* Digital Fly By Wire system
* Redar Warning Receiver
* Missile Approach Warning System
* infra-red Search & TRack
* Data Link with Awacs systemRadar with detection range of 120 km
* Look down shoot down capability
* Self Protection radar jamming pod
* comabat radious 1352 km
* BWR capability with SD10\PL12
* Day/night laser designator targeting pod
* Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) pod
* stealth
and many other things

isnt it a true 4.5th generation fighter????
cant go against f-16??? mig-29??? su-30???

So far no stealth ability.....Its 4th generation fighter....It cannot go against F-16 Block 52 or 60 or SU 30 , they have batter engine , radar and avionics....... but yes it can comparable with F-16 Block 40, Mig 29.

PAF is to get j-10s by 2015 and till then pAF has no any fighter against indian su-30
tsk tsk.....120 su-30.....

I think Pakistan shld now work on JF-17 improvements as we are going to have 1st Sqd in next few months.

Engine
Pakistan shld think abt other batter engine or dicuss with China for improved version of RD93 with more flyinghours life and more thrust without release of smoke.

Radar.

Pakistan must look for new radar APG-68(V)9 Radar for Block 50/52 F-16 or APG-80 Radar for Block 50 F-16 or comparable to them.

Avoinics
JF-17 is already capable for AIM-120 AMRAAM, AIM-9 Sidewinder (For close combat), R550 Magic.

Pakistan shld build strong relations with USA for Lockheed Martin Sniper XR for JF-17, PAF F-16 already using them but they are limited.

Archetecture

JF-17 have 7 stations for weapons, Pakistan shld work to increase them till 9.
Little modifications in arche can make it atleast semi stealthy.

JF-17
8ce076335cc15673d60a67c296512df3._.jpg

F-35
ced5a9121f95453d0e00f71491b645f3._.jpg

F16-F35-F22
286e05615007efe46bcf633527197155._.jpg

How many JF-17 Thunder is Pakistan suppose to get by end of the year , I keep hering different numbers ...

8 + 8 = 16 planes in inventory (end of 2009)

Or will be 8 + 12 = 20 planes?

Now that these babies are being MASS produced :cheesy: will we get new induction reports -

Ever since last year Pakistan has gone silent on exact number of JF17 Thunders in inventory , I am assuming its for secrecy and advantage may be we have 30 JF 17 Thunders now ???

What do you guys think ??

When will we get more Thunders in stock ??? :bounce:

currently multi-pylons are being used of bombs.( they can only support the bombs, no missiles)
i hope we can get them for BVRAAMs in next blocks as it will sort out the problem of number od weapons JF will carry with out making any trouble with the design. yes it will require a powerfull engine but tha is something PAF is alrady eyeing at for next blocks!
regards!
I was talking about Gripen NG and the link hj786 provided.

PAF is to get j-10s by 2015 and till then pAF has no any fighter against indian su-30
tsk tsk.....120 su-30.....

Why worry about the Su-30's; in the near future the bulk of the deployment will be against China; not Pakistan :woot:

India is being propped up by the US against china; just as Pakistan was made to go against the Soviet Union; biiiiiiig mistake :partay:

Why worry about the Su-30's; in the near future the bulk of the deployment will be against China; not Pakistan :woot:

India is being propped up by the US against china; just as Pakistan was made to go against the Soviet Union; biiiiiiig mistake :partay:

please do not worry at all for two things-
1)su-30 being used againist pakistan
ans-india will not be at war with pakistan so not to worry about air fight.
2)us using india against china
ans-once for all india is not pakistan that will lend itself in the lap of usa so not to worry. We have more important works to do than launching missions against china.

To peace :cheers:

ans-once for all india is not pakistan that will lend itself in the lap of usa so not to worry. We have more important works to do than launching missions against china.

That my man; time will tell :devil:

Whats about the saichan,,???why indian are here??Who gave them a pinch to open a new front?? This is all because of Russia to divert Pakistan attention towards India.:pakistan:

There is no mistake to fight along with Afghani people during russian occupation.:pakistan::pakistan:

ello everybody at home.
can anyone tell me that can jf-17 go against f-16 , f-18, mirage 2000 and su-30??????

JF-17 is low end 4 Gen Multi-Role-Fighter (Fighter-Bomber)
My rough estimates of JF-17 (Current Block-1) capabilities is given below.
( < means inferior, > means better, = equal, >> much better, << much inferior )

JF-17 >>> F7P / F7PG
JF-17 >>> Mig21 Bison
JF-17 > Mirage 3/5 Rose
JF-17 >= Mirage 2000 (Air-Air) (Original Configuration)
JF-17 <= Mirage 2000 (Air-Ground)
JF-17 >= Mig29 (original configuration)
JF-17 < Mig29 (current upgraded configuration)
JF-17 ~= LCA/Tejas
JF-17 >= F-16 Block 15
JF-17 ~= F-16 Block 30/40
JF-17 < F-16 Block 50
JF-17 << F-16 Block 60
JF-17 << FC20 (with AESA+Engine upgrades, only if materialize)
JF-17 << Su27/J11
JF-17 << F-18 (original)
JF-17 <<< F-18 (current advanced)
JF-17 <<< Su30 MKI
JF-17 <<< Eurofighter/Rafale (latest upgraded configurations)

Please Correct me if I am wrong

Regards,
Sapper

Last edited:
What does it matter? hi end, low end, this gen that gen, what does it matter? Why does it matter??

What does it matter? hi end, low end, this gen that gen, what does it matter? Why does it matter??

4 Gen fighters are like Luxury Sedans of Multi-Role-Fighters

JF-17 is Honda Accord,
F-16 Block 52 is Mercedes S350
Su30-MKI is BMW 750

etc etc

While F22 is like Bugati Veyron :) ... nothing comes close ...

I see - In your opinion, is that the way the technical capablity, doctrine and tactics associated with diferent fighter jets, should be viewed - how is that useful?

So far no stealth ability.....Its 4th generation fighter....It cannot go against F-16 Block 52 or 60 or SU 30 , they have batter engine , radar and avionics....... but yes it can comparable with F-16 Block 40, Mig 29.

Wrong. It can go against any of the aircrafts mentioned above. It depends on the situation. Specifications vice may be ahead in some terms, but thats not the whole point in the combat scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom