What's new

Japan PM Noda declares Japan will never compromise with China on Dioyudai

1895 – Japan annexes the islands, calling them Senkaku
1945 – 1972 – U.S. controls the islands
1969 – U.N. study suggests the presence of large oil reserves
1971 – China & Taiwan claim the islands, calling them Diaoyu

We have controlled the two archipelagos in East Sea (SCS) from 15th century, and with a long coastline along SCS, which is the basis for our claims.

The official claim of Vietnam is only Vietnam's EEZ from baseline on Vietnamese coast and the two archipelagos: Paracels and Spratlys.

1895 Japan invaded Taiwan and annexed Taiwan and her surrounding islands including Diaoyu.

1945-1972 As a result of WWII defeat, Japan had to relinquish all her imperialistic gains, Somehow the US took possession of Okinawa but never physically controlled Diaoyu so was not hers to give.

1969 Oil/gas was found and China is already pumping these fields as we speak.

1971 If you and those western medias insinuate China and Taiwan claimed those islands because of oil/gas then, may I ask, when wait two years to do so. 釣魚台群島 was the traditional Chinese name for centuries and the recent romanization was for the benefit of the west.

Here we go, once again, Vietnam had no possession of Sprately until 1974 and you guys have no proofs other than those obsoleted maps that no body can understand. And precisely of that I use your 'map proof' to debunk an uneducated poster in post #38.

If you use the EZZ method to claim the Sprately you are claiming an integral of Malaysia and a large part of Philippines and , according to you, that's a lot more than China's claim of just merely to their respective beaches.

the way you portray to be a canadian. Japan is an example, We should try to learn some thing from them and stand on our own feet instead of holding some one's hand and fight for someone.

To pretend as someone that is not you is not easy, and will detected in a day by answering to some questions that can be only answered by a Vietnamese for instance.
But you are right. It is not nice at all.

I don´t think that a Vietnamese plays other people´s role.

1895 Japan invaded Taiwan and annexed Taiwan and her surrounding islands including Diaoyu.

1945-1972 As a result of WWII defeat, Japan had to relinquish all her imperialistic gains, Somehow the US took possession of Okinawa but never physically controlled Diaoyu so was not hers to give.

1969 Oil/gas was found and China is already pumping these fields as we speak.

1971 If you and those western medias insinuate China and Taiwan claimed those islands because of oil/gas then, may I ask, when wait two years to do so. 釣魚台群島 was the traditional Chinese name for centuries and the recent romanization was for the benefit of the west.

Here we go, once again, Vietnam had no possession of Sprately until 1974 and you guys have no proofs other than those obsoleted maps that no body can understand. And precisely of that I use your 'map proof' to debunk an uneducated poster in post #38.

If you use the EZZ method to claim the Sprately you are claiming an integral of Malaysia and a large part of Philippines and , according to you, that's a lot more than China's claim of just merely to their respective beaches.

This thread is about China-Japan dispute. We may continue in the dedicated thread for SCS, China-Vietnam dispute.

the way you portray to be a canadian. Japan is an example, We should try to learn some thing from them and stand on our own feet instead of holding some one's hand and fight for someone.

LOL Japan stands on her own feet? If the Americans didn't embolden them with the defense treaty support in the beginning they wouldn't even dare to raise their voices. Now see how they are going to back up their belligerency after the latest from Paneetta: "It's the US policy not to be involved on others' sovereignty disputes".

@ Viet

You quoted a post I was on topic :azn: but anyway more than half of the posts on this thread are off topic, including a few by you. Sincerely.

@ Viet

You quoted a post I was on topic but anyway more than half of the posts on this thread are off topic, including a few by you. Sincerely.
Original Post By Fanling Monk

Okie...alright I am responding to your post.

Nor China. According to my limited knowledge, the islands of Paracels and Spratlys were not inhabited before 1974. Fishermen of all countries did their duties around and returned home. Neither China nor Vietnam had troops stationed there to assert sovereignty over the islands.

When the second Indochina war close to end (1975), both countries were in the race to take control over the islands and of course the south china sea. China won control over Paracels and part of Spratlys, Vietnam major part of Spratlys, the rest went to the Philippines. Taiwan already has control over the largest island Taiping.

Again, like China, Vietnam surely has ancient maps to support arguments.

they are not korean. they are filipino, vietnamese or indian pretend to be korean and taiwanese!

The man is hardcore Korean. Why not communicate with him and see?

Koreans usually are more mature than what you blame them to be.

Nor China. According to my limited knowledge, the islands of Paracels and Spratlys were not inhabited before 1974. Fishermen of all countries did their duties around and returned home. Neither China nor Vietnam had troops stationed there to assert sovereignty over the islands.

When the second Indochina war close to end (1975), both countries were in the race to take control over the islands and of course the south china sea. China won control over Paracels and part of Spratlys, Vietnam major part of Spratlys, the rest went to the Philippines. Taiwan already has control over the largest island Taiping.

Again, like China, Vietnam surely has ancient maps to support arguments.

I'm whole heartily with you here as my personal opinion concerning with the Spratly and that's why you never see me say who's the rightful owner of what. I haven't notice you writings in the SCS matter, but my post is a needling rebuttal to your compatriots who always use incomprehensibly obsolete old maps to justify their claims in uncompromising manners.

My position in the Diaoyu is very strong: they belong to Chinese, either China or Taiwan period.

Even though you meant it against us, I got to give you a thumbs up.

At least you're honorable in enmity.

The only reason China is embroiled in a controversy with Japan is not because of the Islands themselves. Seems there is oil nearby. That is the only reason China is going around bullying Japan.

From now on, I believe, the Chinese CMS vessels will constantly patrol within the territorial water of Diaoyu and Chinese fishermen will fish within the islands' EEZ. There will be no more unilateral 'controls and administers' by the Japanese.

Japan: Six Chinese govt ships in waters of disputed isles.

display_image.php

TOKYO: Chinese government ships were back in waters around Japanese-controlled islands on Tuesday, the coastguard said, a week after they last left and days after heated exchanges at the UN General Assembly.

The four maritime surveillance ships entered the waters shortly after 12:30pm (0330 GMT), Japan's coastguard said in a statement, adding that it was asking the ships to leave the area.

Two other Chinese official vessels were sailing near the island chain, but not in what Japan claims as its territorial waters, the coastguard also reported in a separate statement.

Chinese govt ships in waters of disputed isles: Japan - Channel NewsAsia

From now on, I believe, the Chinese CMS vessels will constantly patrol within the territorial water of Diaoyu and Chinese fishermen will fish within the islands' EEZ. There will be no more unilateral 'controls and administers' by the Japanese.
After the Japanese elections, you will see Japanese coast guards detaining Chinese fishing boats as rightwingers come to power.

Japan already committed half of its coast guard ships around the Diaoyudai.

After the Japanese elections, you will see Japanese coast guards detaining Chinese fishing boats as rightwingers come to power.

Japan already committed half of its coast guard ships around the Diaoyudai.

By your rationale you'll see Japanese fishermen swamp all over Dokdo after their election as well. Thanks to one of their right winger, the eccentric Tokyo mayor Shintaro Ishihara, China now patrolling her islands and dare the Japanese to do something about it. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom