What's new

Italian envoy cannot leave India

Hardly. And no key person in Italy is involved, not their leadership anyways, other than some shady arms dealers.

And do you really think the Indian government has the gall to go on the offensive? Specially when their own leaders head is on the line. They wouldn't risk that, this issue will disappear in the oblivion like many before it.

You can't go on an anti corruption offensive when your own closet is full of skeletons waiting to tumble out any moment.

I infact called this the very day Augusta Westland scam news broke out. Call me a soothsayer :lol:

I think on both sides some bureaucratic officials are involved in this deal we are yet to hear a big name in this deal. Apart from former India Air force chief.

The is nothing heroism in not keeping your pledge. Nobody will ever believe in Italy. This unwarranted action by Italy has brought it international dis reputation.

No country does what India did. It was first, and last for Italians, even a a country like Sudan wont do what India did - People on homicide charges are made to leave the country on bail for Christmas vacation.
ONLY IN INDIA.
Welcome to India, kill and leave.

Italy from day one saying that Indian courts don't have jurisdiction on international waters and the fact is they have taken the risk, and i am sure they have calculated everything in advance. Who knows it's planned with coordination of India.

That will decided based on trial of Indian SC :cheers:

Precisely what I retorted, Economically important this country is not, tiny winy Dubai does more trade with India than Italy.
Tomorrow, If a country like Burkina Faso does the same numbers, does it mean its economically great/important country for India?
Silly logic.

On the country its other way round, Italy should mind more on this.
First they violated the given word/promise on such diplomatic imbroglio that has taken shape., they should be ashamed.
Then, Italy needs India more than otherwise, because Indian investment is 10 billion in Italy, three times what Italy has in India.
So India should not be pointed out here to be playing unfair or is weaker of the two.

You simply seem not to be able to comprehend & I cannot fathom why. We are talking about India being the economically important country for Italy.......:hitwall:

You confirm the same in your post. Kindly excuse me if I don't reply to more of this if you still have difficulty understanding me.

That will decided based on trial of Indian SC :cheers:

SC is not trying. An federal court, yet to be set up would have to try it.

I think on both sides some bureaucratic officials are involved in this deal we are yet to hear a big name in this deal. Apart from former India Air force chief.

You should observe the statements coming from Italy regarding the Augusta Westland scam. Their intention was clear from day one, only giving out partial information and holding onto names. Typical blackmailing.

Thanks to our corrupt scumbag leaders, Italy has the upper hand here.

SC judgement is based on trial and according to the rule of law so i don't think what ever SC says is damaging for us internationally.

On long term repercussions:

It is vice versa, if Italians want to play hide and seek and want to break the trust shown by Indians it will damage their reputation internationally.

Domestic law cannot supersede the Geneva convention. That has been India's argument throughout & you don't want to set a precedence wherein Indian diplomats & leaders are slapped with cases in foreign countries.

Billions of dollars are at stake for the Italians here. There is no way they are going out with their heads held high.

Billions of dollars both ways-
Italy is a part of European union- and European union is there with stated policies to prevent such boycott of its one/ any member-

Authority yes but using it will be damaging to Indian interests. My fear is that a furious SC will come down heavily on the Italians (diplomatic niceties be damned) and that will have its own long term repercussions.

altamas kabir...the next head of armed forces tribunal.... is in UPA pocket....

this is all a part of a well scripted drama....dont put your money on the sc...

Italy has calculated nothing. Election are going in Italy, and there is lot of resentment among Italians about Italian government inability to bring Marines back. Hence this populist stunt

that will mean the italian govt will risk anything with india given the sentiments of people involved....

Italy is a part of European union- and European union is there with stated policies to prevent such boycott of its one/ any member-

i agree with this....eu will step in if things go the economic way.....

Berlusconi ate too much and burst his gut.

The is nothing heroism in not keeping your pledge. Nobody will ever believe in Italy. This unwarranted action by Italy has brought it international dis reputation.

Actually there was nothing in the case. Both the marines would have been acquitted by the courts. Now it will take decades for India and Italy to have normal relationship

Reputation of Italy is dwindling already.It's 76 year old PM is having Bunga Bunga parties and having under age girls, its economy dwindling, recent defense scam etc etc are just few examples.

Italy turns out to be a BIG LIAR and CHEAT country.

Lets see what happens.

European union is not one as one believe. Self interest is the line. German, France and UK will not think twice before dumping Italy for India

altamas kabir...the next head of armed forces tribunal.... is in UPA pocket....

this is all a part of a well scripted drama....dont put your money on the sc....

That is such a ridiculous allegation to make. In any case a single judge cannot do anything even if he wants to. If the SC wanted to, it would found on behalf of Italy on the jurisdiction question. Matter solved.

Btw, making allegations like the ones you are making is potentially very risky. Pretty certain that you could be charged if someone wanted to.

Not really. Denmark has been getting the cold treatment for quite some while.

That is such a ridiculous allegation to make. In any case a single judge cannot do anything even if he wants to. If the SC wanted to, it would found on behalf of Italy on the jurisdiction question. Matter solved.

Btw, making allegations like the ones you are making is potentially very risky. Pretty certain that you could be charged if someone wanted to.

i agree its only an allegation bro....but its not ridiculous....we already have an living breathing example in katju.....think about it...you know you are going to work with an employer in few months time....wouldnt you be amenable to him right now....

anyway i agree with you....with the rash of arrestings even for mildly critical posts on upa....i better not go overboard....

To be fair, I would like to see the Italian side of this story. Reneging on a promise is not lightly done; they must have their own version of events.

Hey.......it is not like there is one only Altamas Kabir in this country......

danish products are in the market- Muslim market- the boycott thingy was just to soothe the emotions- no official step was taken to implement that-

Big difference-

Back
Top Bottom