What's new

Italian envoy cannot leave India

LOL @ India :omghaha:

Ambassador already said that he will not leave India, Now court issuing the order to sooth Indian ego, BTW - What India will do? Arrest him?

This is a two way affair mate, Augusta westland deal also involves some key persons in Ital

Every Italian thief in this deal, however big or small will cool his heel in prison, as you see, Italian PM given one years sentence.

Unlike India. Can you think of Indian PM ever going to jail? This was obvious when they said during Lokpal debate, PM should have impunity. Dont compare the will of these two countries, when it comes to hand out prison terms.

For damaging ties with an economically important country? Hardly a heroic display. Not his fault though, just the guy left holding the baby.

The SC getting involved is not good news. The Italians should have withdrawn their ambassador immediately. Cowardly way out but would be better than to face damaging remarks from the supreme court.

you know what i think Italy has calculated all the risks of such measures-
By not sending the marines back to india- they have already implemented the Plan B- ball is now in indians court how it responds- any desperate measures will only weaken the indian case and the Italians may come out of this fiasco with their heads more higher--

Such incidents although unethical does happen and when they happen there is nothing you can do-
The Italians are not going to send back the marines ever- Thats the fact-

Ambassador already said that he will not leave India, Now court issuing the order to sooth Indian ego, BTW - What India will do? Arrest him?

There is no arrest warrant.
He has Diplomatic immunity.

It is not about Indian ego, Now the ball is in the court of Italy, India has shown its willingness to act tough. Italy should not risk its name and goodwill in the international arena for the sake of two marines ( Since Still the trial is going on whether these guys acted on self defense or something else happened).

By not sending the marines back to india- they have already implemented the Plan B- ball is now in indians court how it responds- any desperate measures will only weaken the indian case and the Italians may come out of this fiasco with their heads more higher--

Such incidents although unethical does happen and when they happen there is nothing you can do-

Yes yes their ball is in India court (their Ambassador)...................... Now India will do what it wants ...................................... Just kidding :D

What is important with Italy here, as for as the trade figures are looked into.
Its just paltry 8 billions. In the same vein Dubai tops with ten billions and more. Then there are more countries......
This was a absurd logic.

Forget absurd logic. You haven't even understood my post. India is important for Italy(what is said), damaging relations with such an important country is not a good point for the ambassador concerned. Read more slowly next time.

The court does nothing to soothe Indian ego. Our court has no option but to issue this directive. Italian act was a complete betrayal of trust and leniency afforded to them by the Indian SC.

It was granted based on the existing friendly relations between India and Italy.

LOL @**

You think the court will believe his word after they breached the trust.

For damaging ties with an economically important country? Hardly a heroic display. Not his fault though, just the guy left holding the baby.

The SC getting involved is not good news. The Italians should have withdrawn their ambassador immediately. Cowardly way out but would be better than to face damaging remarks from the supreme court.

I agree, their stupidity is dragging this into an ugly brawl.

Italy is a very powerful member of EU after France and Germany. If they hold Italian ambassador then it might get a bit bigger than Italy which is one of the perks of being a member of EU.

There is no arrest warrant.
He has Diplomatic immunity.

That's my point - Max. India can do is expel him, If she did anything else than she will put question mark on immunity of her own diplomats. So, What's need of dragging courts in this drama, do whatever you can do through diplomatic channels.

Forget absurd logic. You haven't even understood my post. India is important for Italy(what is said), damaging relations with such an important country is not a good point for the ambassador concerned. Read more slowly next time.

Far cry from your prior post in the following, where you laid your thrust to this key word "economic":
For damaging ties with an economically important country?
Thats why I had to give you some trade figures. But now you have digressed and tweaked yr post to suit your ends.

See the contrast!
Next time write slowly.....

Billions of dollars are at stake for the Italians here. There is no way they are going out with their heads held high.

Far cry from your prior post in the following, where you laid your thrust to this key word "economic":

Thats why I had to give you some trade figures. But now you have digressed and tweaked yr post to suit your ends.

Now see the contrast!

Relatively low trade between India and Italy does not necessarily invalidate the point made by Bang Galore.

See the contrast!

We were talking about the italian ambassador being called heroic, I asked whether it would be for damaging ties with an economically important country..(what country do you think is being referred to? His own?)..You need to read very slowly. You seem to have comprehension problems.

Move on.

Back
Top Bottom