What's new

It is confirmed Sri Lanka Air Force to buy JF-17s

Too early Kfirs were procured between 1995-2005 I doubt SLAF would replace them before 2017.

Too early Kfirs were procured between 1995-2005 I doubt SLAF would replace them before 2017.

Kafirs were already expired there flying hours when SLAF bought them from Israel. However Kafir severed SLAF during it's service life remarkably even though suffering from fatal faults. But now after the end of the civil war, Kafir's worthiness to the SLAF as a ground attack bomb truck is gone. It is now only flying in parades except for their training flights. There fore it is high time that all lot of Kafirs to retire with pride unless there won't be any Kafir left to retire due to the highly volatile flying condition of these jets.

I Have read this news in Weekly news paper that SLAF is going to buy JF 17s. There is no internet source yet. But I'll update the thread later. BTW SLAF plans to buy 6 JF-17s to obviously replace the older Kafir jets. In the same time SLAF plans to buy 17 Mi-17s and 2 Bell 206 helicopters according to the Defense ministry's planned project progress report for 2013.

Cheers. :yahoo:

jf-17-drawing.jpg

P.S I was hoping that SLAF would buy Su-30s but JF-17s are ok for our needs. However SLAF should buy atleast 6 more to create a somewhat powerful squadron IMO. :rolleyes:

Do you have a link for this story or did you write this you're self ? And are the Russians going to allow the RD-93 engines to be re-exported to a third country ?

They should have went for atleast a squadron.

What should SL do. Money is hard to come by. :undecided:

Do you have a link for this story or did you write this you're self ? And are the Russians going to allow the RD-93 engines to be re-exported to a third country ?

The link to Sinhalese news article
http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/223392-confiremd-sri-lanka-air-force-buy-jf-17s-2.html#post3680683

If Russians don't won't to sell RD-93s we take any other engine in it's place. SLAF is not specific when it comes to details.

Back
Top Bottom