What's new

Israel Slated for Refurbished US Army Rocket Launchers

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
M270_MLRS_MRLS_Multiple_Launch_Rocket_Launcher_System_United_States_American_US_army_defence_industry_640.jpg

The Israeli Army is slated to receive a large quantity of used, cost-free US Army M270 rocket launchers for upgrading by a US firm before their delivery to Israel in the coming years.

In interviews here, US and Israeli sources said an agreement on the US Army excess stocks should be concluded shortly, with a notification to Congress expected later this month.

Sources declined to discuss quantities of used MLRS launchers and MLRS chassis destined for Israel at no cost, but noted that the refurbishment program — which likely will be awarded to a US contractor following a competitive bid — could reach $100 million and would be funded through future-year US military aid.

The pending program may be structured along the lines of an earlier US-Israel program for used US Army Humvees. Israel obtained about 2,400 used vehicles from excess stocks after an Excess Defense Articles (EDA) agreement was signed by the two countries. Once the government-to-government agreement was in place, Israel conducted a competitive bid for vehicle refurbishment.

Israel ultimately selected AM General of South Bend, Ind., to refurbish A0 and A1-model Humvees at a rate of 100 per month over the next two years, at an estimated program cost of several hundred million dollars.

US and Israeli sources here said the rocket launcher program would be more modest in scale, and probably would not include US-based upgrades of the 155-millimeter rounds to be fired from the M270 platforms. Instead, Israel’s Artillery Corps plans to conduct a competition among local Israeli industry to transform standard stocks into precision rounds through precision-guidance kits and to replace MLRS-launched cluster munitions with a unitary charge, GPS-guided munition.

images

What does israel need all these weapons for? As if they already don't have a heavily militarized nation already. For what? To use again the 16,000 militants in Gaza with a few thousand ineffective projectiles which israel over exaggerates? In the end we all know israel bluffs and always returns to attack the defenseless people who especially at this moment are in a desperate state after the border issues with Egypt. So israel can't claim an act of self defence or an imminent threat to go and launch another massive operation on the Gaza Strip.

No doubt these pathetic worlds leaders would back it, whom? US, Canada, and Britain. All of Europe disagrees with the US and Britain's stance which supports perpetual war against the Palestinians and opposes and freedom to support Gaza.

What a sick country the USA is, they keep arming this violent nation to teeth. And claim to support a fair peace process. What a lie, what a disgusting government which runs the nation. I'm so glad I left that country where people are blank and don't know how to protest their governments actions. I don't want to go back there. These sick policies are embarrassing. How can you be American and not be embarrassed.

Not only Israel

they were too

Egypt ,Colombia, Jordan, Pakistan, Peru, Indonesia, Kenya, Bolivia,

There's a big difference, nice try Hindu loon. America actually exercises influence over those listed nations except israel. And we know their state of the art weaponry and immediate and over excessive funding only goes to israel. While israel decides to launch wars against neighboring regions and the US has no in it. With other countries they would definitely put to a stop weapon exports if they had the same aggressive policy israel has. Can you imagine a congressman demanding we exert our influence on to israel to make it step forward to the peace table and actually genuinely present a viable peace plan? Or to demand and to free military aid to israel due to their aggressive unexpected policy?

Please tell us what would happen to this congressman?

Following that, the hawks and the people in the congress and US government which have an enormous backlash and claim we should bump aid to israel and give them new state of the art weapon systems because of oh how so great of an ally is to us.

Get real.

Not gonna say the so called country name but I would get a ban if I say isra... so I rather call it Zionist. They are nothing but bunch of aparthied p*sies who goes outside with merkavas and heavily armed body gears going pass unnarmed Palestinians. They don't need these useless crap since Palestinians does not have any decent weapons.

I can't stand that f***ing state, I hope they are next.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2BonSBn9Y

What does israel need all these weapons for? As if they already don't have a heavily militarized nation already. For what? To use again the 16,000 militants in Gaza with a few thousand ineffective projectiles which israel over exaggerates? In the end we all know israel bluffs and always returns to attack the defenseless people who especially at this moment are in a desperate state after the border issues with Egypt. So israel can't claim an act of self defence or an imminent threat to go and launch another massive operation on the Gaza Strip.

No doubt these pathetic worlds leaders would back it, whom? US, Canada, and Britain. All of Europe disagrees with the US and Britain's stance which supports perpetual war against the Palestinians and opposes and freedom to support Gaza.

What a sick country the USA is, they keep arming this violent nation to teeth. And claim to support a fair peace process. What a lie, what a disgusting government which runs the nation. I'm so glad I left that country where people are blank and don't know how to protest their governments actions. I don't want to go back there. These sick policies are embarrassing. How can you be American and not be embarrassed.

American people doesn't know their govts give zionist billion dollars in aid each year and they don't even know what they do to Palestainians they think it's a normal state because of this...

If they knew what the govts is behind then it would alarm them but media blinded them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna say the so called country name but I would get a ban if I say isra... so I rather call it Zionist. They are nothing but bunch of aparthied p*sies who goes outside with merkavas and heavily armed body gears going pass unnarmed Palestinians. They don't need these useless crap since Palestinians does not have any decent weapons.

I can't stand that f***ing state, I hope they are next.

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2BonSBn9Y

American people doesn't know their govts give zionist billion dollars in aid each year and they don't even know what they do to Palestainians they think it's a normal state because of this...

If they knew what the govts is behind then it would alarm them but media blinded them.

Moosh, I honestly think these are slated for use against Egypt especially in the Sinai these could be very effective against mass troops stationed there just like the BM-21 grad system which is used for that purpose.

What do you think? They're not suitable for Gaza.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a big difference, nice try Hindu loon. America actually exercises influence over those listed nations except israel. And we know their state of the art weaponry and immediate and over excessive funding only goes to israel. While israel decides to launch wars against neighboring regions and the US has no in it. With other countries they would definitely put to a stop weapon exports if they had the same aggressive policy israel has. Can you imagine a congressman demanding we exert our influence on to israel to make it step forward to the peace table and actually genuinely present a viable peace plan? Or to demand and to free military aid to israel due to their aggressive unexpected policy?

Following that, the hawks and the people in the congress and US government which have an enormous backlash and claim we should bump aid to israel and give them new state of the art weapon systems because of oh how so great of an ally is to us.

Get real.

Thanks for the Address as a Hindu . I'm not a Hindu but I'm from Hindustan

It's a simple reason on it ..Israel is Most trusted ally of US so helping their ally is not so Matter here ..even China too helping Pakistan in so much ways but their Helps on Neighbors like Taiwan and Vietnam is Questionable

The same here ..trusting Pakistan is planting bomb in White house ..so aiding so much is not Possible

There is no response of Congress they are elected by American Peoples Not you or Me ..!!!

Get real.

Why are you so obsesses with religion?

Moosh, I honestly think these are slated for use against Egypt especially in the Sinai these could be very effective against mass troops stationed there just like the BM-21 grad system which is used for that purpose.

What do you think? They're not suitable for Gaza.

Well around them; Egypt or Jordan pose no threat to Israel and Syria is destroyed so what do the IDF need this for? yes of course in Sinai. It's just those Sinai militants with kalashnikovs, ieds and rocket propelled launchers etc but why need to use "advanced" MLRS launchers or Iron dome for? that's wasteful, IDF proved to be coward :lol:

Thanks for the Address as a Hindu . I'm not a Hindu but I'm from Hindustan

It's a simple reason on it ..Israel is Most trusted ally of US so helping their ally is not so Matter here ..even China too helping Pakistan in so much ways but their Helps on Neighbors like Taiwan and Vietnam is Questionable

The same here ..trusting Pakistan is planting bomb in White house ..so aiding so much is not Possible

There is no response of Congress they are elected by American Peoples Not you or Me ..!!!

Please back up the track record. Where should we start? The US didn't trust israel in many cases and the relationship was soon about to end in 1967. Or the USS Liberty? They still spy on each other. The US doesn't have access to Israel's nuclear weapons program. Or when israel let China re copy their lavi technology which we all know came from? Or when the Israeli PM completely denied a real negotiations based in recognized borders and made a fool of the US president.

You're getting there, but it isn't about trust.

And American poeple generally vote for local congress members. As for the rest, most republicans just vote to get republicans in the house and senate. But, that doesn't mean all Americans approve of the Congress's actions.

I remember when that hilarious moment when Netanyahu came and presented a speech in front of the Congress and the whole congress including Obama's so called 'liberals' got up and gave a huge standing ovation as if Netanyahu was their king. Seriously, it wasn't normal at all. Jewish money is behind too many things. When that happened in Germany, eventually the German people snapped.

Back
Top Bottom