What's new

ISI’s eavesdropping on Indian Navy in Sri Lanka rattles RAW

Really ? Haven't you done enough in the past by starting a civil war there by arming LTTE ? :azn:

So , India didn't back LTTE as per you ? :azn:

I see Colombo hasn't forgotten Pakistan's massive help in defeating those scum bags called LTTE , both in military training and equipment , hence the present attitude !

About time , the Indians must understand that it is not wise to bully small countries !

Yeah and still they cant do anything about ISI eavesdropping on the Indian installations ? :woot: ... What help did you provide in defeating LTTE ? :azn:

Its not that you detect something and do a knee jerk reaction, they will offcource take care of it.

Ans for second qns - Naval blockade to hold the supply chain of LTTE.

Really ? Haven't you done enough in the past by starting a civil war there by arming LTTE ? :azn:

So , India didn't back LTTE as per you ? :azn:

I see Colombo hasn't forgotten Pakistan's massive help in defeating those scum bags called LTTE , both in military training and equipment , hence the present attitude !

About time , the Indians must understand that it is not wise to bully small countries !

Yeah and still they cant do anything about ISI eavesdropping on the Indian installations ? :woot: ... What help did you provide in defeating LTTE ? :azn:

Firstly plz avoid winks,its irritating and doesnt look good.

All that support ended with killing of indian PM

Second,I will again say that w/o indian help,it was impossible to defeat LTTE and even to prevent sanctions ;) where was pakistan at that time.More ever,LAnkans are using military equipments from many years and even during LTTE operation,they did use indian equipments..so i dont care if u even take all credit :lol: ..it doesnt change reality.

Let the lanka to cross the red line then we will see wat is bullying :) .

There is no credible proof of ISI in lanka :lol: ..you cant decide every thing on one article..

The question is not of whether who will get Sri Lanka..
The question is who will Sri Lanka allow itself to be taken from..
It knows that its become the keystone for China's policy to control India in the South East...and provides a secondary base for Pakistan to exert its covert ops influence into the soft underbelly of India.

What makes anyone think that the Sri Lankan SIS is not aware of all these ops taking place on its island?
They have their relations with everyone.. and are playing the quiet balancing act.

Firstly plz avoid winks,its irritating and doesnt look good.

Second,I will again say that w/o indian help,it was impossible to defeat LTTE and even to prevent sanctions ;) where was pakistan at that time.More ever,LAnkans are using military equipments from many years and even during LTTE operation,they did use indian equipments..so i dont care if u even take all credit :lol: ..it doesnt change reality.

Let the lanka to cross the red line then we will see wat is bullying :) .

There is no credible proof of ISI in lanka :lol: ..you cant decide every thing on one article..

Only an idiot would wish for proof of that.. why would you want to be looking for it in the first place?? :confused:

But , it doesn't change the fact that you supported a terrorist group against them ?

Really ? What Indian help are you referring to defeat LTTE ? You were the ones who started the mess in the first place ! ... Colombo was really pissed off after India voted against Sri Lanka in UN resolution over alleged war crimes :woot: ...

I will tell you exactly where was my country at that time :lol:

Sri Lanka started buying arms and ammunition from Pakistan in a big way from 1999. The total purchases until December 2007 were worth $50 million while there has been a sudden jump in the quantity of merchandise ordered in 2009 and the amount has been tripled.[8] With India reluctant to sign a Defense Cooperation Agreement with Sri Lanka and unwilling to supply it with the kind of weapons it is looking for, Colombo has turned increasingly to Pakistan. There are segments of opinion in Sri Lanka that are in fact in favor of the government finalizing a defense cooperation agreement with Islamabad.[9]

In May 2000, President Musharraf of Pakistan supplied millions of dollars of much-needed weapons to the Sri Lankan government, when separatist Tamil Tiger rebels were about to recapture their former capital of Jaffna.[10] Many Sri Lankan officers are trained in Pakistan. Pakistan, by supplying high-tech military equipment such as 22 Al-Khalid main battle tanks, 250,000 rounds of 60 mm, 81 mm, 120 mm and 130 mm mortar ammunition worth and 150,000 hand grenades and along with positioning of some of its highly trained army officers in Sri Lanka, played a key role in the ultimate defeat of Tamil Tigers in May 2009.[76] Back in 2000, when a LTTE offensive code-named Operation Ceaseless Waves overran Sri Lankan military positions in the north and captured the Elephant Pass Base and entered Jaffna, and it was being feared that the LTTE would run down thousands of Sri Lankan troops stationed in Jaffna, Pakistan supplied Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher System and other high tech weaponry which halted the offensive.[76] In May 2008, Lt. Gen Sarath Fonseka of the Sri Lanka Army held talks with his Pakistan Army counter-parts regarding the sale of military equipment, weapons and ammunition. The sale of 22 Al-Khalid MBTs to the Sri Lanka Army was finalized during these talks in a deal worth over US$100 million.[12] In April 2009, Sri Lanka requested $25 million worth of 81 mm, 120 mm and 130 mm mortar ammunition to be delivered within a month.[13]

What equipment did you provide to help Sri Lankans ? :azn:

Shortly after the defeat of the Tamil Tiger rebels in Sri Lanka, Islamabad congratulated Sri Lanka and the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Hussein A. Bhaila of Sri Lanka called Pakistan a true friend saying:

"The government and the people of Sri Lanka have considered Pakistan as a true friend of Sri Lanka, which has always stood by it in times of need..."

Why didn't he call Dehli instead of Islamabad ? Any reason ? :azn:

The question is not of whether who will get Sri Lanka..
The question is who will Sri Lanka allow itself to be taken from..
It knows that its become the keystone for China's policy to control India in the South East...and provides a secondary base for Pakistan to exert its covert ops influence into the soft underbelly of India.

What makes anyone think that the Sri Lankan SIS is not aware of all these ops taking place on its island?
They have their relations with everyone.. and are playing the quiet balancing act.

Only an idiot would wish for proof of that.. why would you want to be looking for it in the first place?? :confused:

Sorry sir,LAnka is not Bangladesh that will provide some kinda base.They are not crossing red lines and thats good thing.
Pakistan wont achieve anything by creating even military base there and india already have lot of options to twist the arms and done earlier too..
if u look at the clinton visit to tamilnadu,she was ready for some big announcement on sri lanka but idnia stopped them and even few sanctions applied on lanka presently are soft.so dont estimate much from them..

I don't think ISI operating in SL, either RAW doesn't have capabilities to operate in SL actively.
LTTE is a dead terrorist organization now, they can't re-group in SL.

Get rid of terrorism we mostly used Chinese and Pakistan and Czech weapons. If you ask from any Sri Lankan who helped us, name China will come first!

SL won't allow any Chinese naval base in here (atleast until 2020),
No naval base in Hambantota port, if there will be a Chinese naval base it will be Trinco Port.

Anyway SL will allow refueling facilities to Chinese/Or Chinese will force us to do so by influencing SL more.

ISI may have established Covert bases in SL ...............its a good location and can track both wing navies . whether this news is false or not..this paranoia of RAW is good...more lanka options will be kept......counter tactics will be adopted ...........this even if the news is false will ensure that ISI wont be alone there

But , it doesn't change the fact that you supported a terrorist group against them ?

Really ? What Indian help are you referring to defeat LTTE ? You were the ones who started the mess in the first place ! ... Colombo was really pissed off after India voted against Sri Lanka in UN resolution over alleged war crimes :woot: ...

I will tell you exactly where was my country at that time :lol:

Sri Lanka started buying arms and ammunition from Pakistan in a big way from 1999. The total purchases until December 2007 were worth $50 million while there has been a sudden jump in the quantity of merchandise ordered in 2009 and the amount has been tripled.[8] With India reluctant to sign a Defense Cooperation Agreement with Sri Lanka and unwilling to supply it with the kind of weapons it is looking for, Colombo has turned increasingly to Pakistan. There are segments of opinion in Sri Lanka that are in fact in favor of the government finalizing a defense cooperation agreement with Islamabad.[9]

In May 2000, President Musharraf of Pakistan supplied millions of dollars of much-needed weapons to the Sri Lankan government, when separatist Tamil Tiger rebels were about to recapture their former capital of Jaffna.[10] Many Sri Lankan officers are trained in Pakistan. Pakistan, by supplying high-tech military equipment such as 22 Al-Khalid main battle tanks, 250,000 rounds of 60 mm, 81 mm, 120 mm and 130 mm mortar ammunition worth and 150,000 hand grenades and along with positioning of some of its highly trained army officers in Sri Lanka, played a key role in the ultimate defeat of Tamil Tigers in May 2009.[76] Back in 2000, when a LTTE offensive code-named Operation Ceaseless Waves overran Sri Lankan military positions in the north and captured the Elephant Pass Base and entered Jaffna, and it was being feared that the LTTE would run down thousands of Sri Lankan troops stationed in Jaffna, Pakistan supplied Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher System and other high tech weaponry which halted the offensive.[76] In May 2008, Lt. Gen Sarath Fonseka of the Sri Lanka Army held talks with his Pakistan Army counter-parts regarding the sale of military equipment, weapons and ammunition. The sale of 22 Al-Khalid MBTs to the Sri Lanka Army was finalized during these talks in a deal worth over US$100 million.[12] In April 2009, Sri Lanka requested $25 million worth of 81 mm, 120 mm and 130 mm mortar ammunition to be delivered within a month.[13]

What equipment did you provide to help Sri Lankans ? :azn:

Shortly after the defeat of the Tamil Tiger rebels in Sri Lanka, Islamabad congratulated Sri Lanka and the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Hussein A. Bhaila of Sri Lanka called Pakistan a true friend saying:

"The government and the people of Sri Lanka have considered Pakistan as a true friend of Sri Lanka, which has always stood by it in times of need..."

Why didn't he call Dehli instead of Islamabad ? Any reason ? :azn:

See,

I dont know complete details and m not even in searching mood what india provided to them.But when LTTE was attacked by forces,many of them ran towards india and indian navy with coast guard too care of them and kicked them out.India dint support any kinda anti lanka activity.Thats why it was one way operation.if india would have been there,then u couldnt find out lanka there.

and second,india surely voted against lanka but again india prevented U.S from applying sanctions that cud hurt them badly.
People like you dont know that we have tamil state and we have to take care both of neighbor and our own ppl too.
so you cant simply go and take action...

I will just say that india did more than hard job for lanka that even china cant do,leave paksitan :lol:

I don't think ISI operating in SL, either RAW doesn't have capabilities to operate in SL actively.
LTTE is a dead terrorist organization now, they can't re-group in SL.

Get rid of terrorism we mostly used Chinese and Pakistan and Czech weapons. If you ask from any Sri Lankan who helped us, name China will come first!

SL won't allow any Chinese naval base in here (atleast until 2020),
No naval base in Hambantota port, if there will be a Chinese naval base it will be Trinco Port.

Anyway SL will allow refueling facilities to Chinese/Or Chinese will force us to do so by influencing SL more.

Lets see whether chinese base will come or not...u r over estimating urself..

Dont forget,india carries huge stick with sweet words with you ..:) and dont forget last year,you shouted when two U.S jets crossed ur airspace and where was paksitan and china then?

Sorry sir,LAnka is not Bangladesh that will provide some kinda base.They are not crossing red lines and thats good thing.
Pakistan wont achieve anything by creating even military base there and india already have lot of options to twist the arms and done earlier too..
if u look at the clinton visit to tamilnadu,she was ready for some big announcement on sri lanka but idnia stopped them and even few sanctions applied on lanka presently are soft.so dont estimate much from them..

Sorry, but that seems like a "INDIA WILL ALWAYS WIN" statement rather than an intelligent one...get your head out of jingoism and back to earth.
What will Pakistan not achieve or China not Achieve in Sri Lanka?
How can you guarantee that when currently Sri Lanka is a battle ground for influence and the Chinese are even building a port for them?

See,

Lets see whether chinese base will come or not...u r over estimating urself..

Dont forget,india carries huge stick with sweet words with you ..:) and dont forget last year,you shouted when two U.S jets crossed ur airspace and where was paksitan and china then?

Not over estimating, I'm living here I know what things are happening in SL. Chinese doesn't want to go for a war with India, it is useless to them. They need to step in to ocean around us and secure their routes. They can gain it easily by using Sri Lanka coz we are the only country in this region. No country below to us XD

USA is our friend, our economy depends on USA and EU mostly, so SL will keep a good relationship in the future too.

Can anybody tell us what kind of eavesdropping ISI would conduct against Indian Navy.

Sri lanka is an Independent country and deserves to make its alliances pro- or anti India serving it's own national interests. India would prefer if sri lanka preferred a pro india stance due to its close proximity to India. Sri Lankans associating themselves with Pakistan raises serious issues, and ISI's activities in lanka, puts them forward as a government allowing their land to be used against India.
If Sri Lanka does go into a pak-china camp it will be utter failure of Indian foreign policy, Sri lanka can play this leverage game for their benefit.
But then in repercussions, Lankans will have to forego assistance from India and Pak cannot cry foul for Indian foothold in Afghanistan.

It's not just India that has a soft underbelly!

I dont know complete details and m not even in searching mood what india provided to them.

But when LTTE was attacked by forces,many of them ran towards india and indian navy with coast guard too care of them and kicked them out.India dint support any kinda anti lanka activity.Thats why it was one way operation.if india would have been there,then u couldnt find out lanka there.

and second,india surely voted against lanka but again india prevented U.S from applying sanctions that cud hurt them badly.People like you dont know that we have tamil state and we have to take care both of neighbor and our own ppl too.

I will just say that india did more than hard job for lanka that even china cant do,leave paksitan :lol:

Of course you do not , you were talking out of *** all the time being ignorant of the cold hard facts and ground reality and now you do not want to confronted with it :azn: ...

Really ? What source is there to support that claim ? I agree , India stopped supporting LTTE later but it wasn't for best interests of Colombo but rather the terrorist your country created started biting you in the *** and there was a surge in Tamil Nationalism with fears that they would start revolting against Indian rule ! The damage had already been done , there was a civil war in that Island country for 25 years resulting in the killing of more than one hundred thousand people !

How exactly did this " supposed " blockade helped Sri Lanka more than Pakistan providing it with military training and equipment which even the Sri Lankans acknowledged massively helped in defeating the Tamils ? Interestingly , there was not a single mention of India because it started the whole mess in the first place !

Kid , I saw Sri Lanka on the map when the LTTE was at its prime with active Indian support and I see it even now :woot: ... So keep your delusions to yourself !

India prevented US ? :rofl: Nice one ! Yeah , India voted against Sri Lanka to help it , huh ? No future resolution had any hope of getting passed through UNSC since China is there , your country isn't ! Your vote didn't harm Sri Lanka but surely antagonized it against you ! So how exactly did India prevent sanctions ? :azn:

Indeed , a hard job of training terrorists and starting a civil war in a neighboring country , BRAVO !
Surely , China and Pakistan couldn't do it ...

Back
Top Bottom