What's new

Is the Pakistan army martial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His main target was the punjabi muslims...

Kindly quote me a single official document of PA which says that one pak soldier is equal to 10 or that Indians are cowards. Just name one official document of the PA which says that.

If the Pak Army doesn't says such things officially, then the writer has no right to start with his non sense and utter BS.
This will never be found in 'official documents'. Though seldom used in today's context, it has been alleged that Pakistan Military believed in the concept of martial races and they thus thought that they would easily defeat India in a war, especially prior to the Second Kashmir War.

According to Stanley Wolpert in his book, India, published by the University of California Press, 1990, based on this belief in martial supremacy, it was popularly hyped that one Pakistani soldier was equal to four to ten Hindus/Indian soldiers, and thus numerical superiority of the foe could be overcome.
By the way, it was Bhutto and his cohorts who forced the hand of General Ayub Khan for undertaking Operaton Giblaltar to capture Kashmir, because of this very myth. But needless to say, it ended in disaster.

But a lot of water has flowed under the bridge, and this myth has all but vanished especially after the 65 and 71 wars.

This will never be found in 'official documents'. Though seldom used in today's context, it has been alleged that Pakistan Military believed in the concept of martial races and they thus thought that they would easily defeat India in a war, especially prior to the Second Kashmir War.

According to Stanley Wolpert in his book, India, published by the University of California Press, 1990, based on this belief in martial supremacy, it was popularly hyped that one Pakistani soldier was equal to four to ten Hindus/Indian soldiers, and thus numerical superiority of the foe could be overcome.
By the way, it was Bhutto and his cohorts who forced the hand of General Ayub Khan for undertaking Operaton Giblaltar to capture Kashmir, because of this very myth. But needless to say, it ended in disaster.

But a lot of water has flowed under the bridge, and this myth has all but vanished especially after the 65 and 71 wars.

I see ! So 'alleged' & a 'myth' - How can one argue against such incontrovertible evidence ?

I see ! So 'alleged' & a 'myth' - How can one argue against such incontrovertible evidence ?
Did I say it's evidence? Nope! This is just a myth which was supposedly doing the rounds of the Pakistani military! :smokin:

And we don't know for sure if this was one of the reasons why Bhutto and his coterie forced Ayub Khan into a disastrous Op Gibraltar in Kashmir which needless to say, failed spectacularly!

Did I say it's evidence? Nope! This is just a myth which was supposedly doing the rounds of the Pakistani military! :smokin:

And we don't know for sure if this was one of the reasons why Bhutto and his coterie forced Ayub Khan into a disastrous Op Gibraltar in Kashmir which needless to say, failed spectacularly!

I think it was more due to the Sino-Indo War of '62 & the Rann of Kutch incident that lured us into a false sense of success !

without going into much detail id say that 1vs10 was suppose to be a morale booster (we were facing odds) if you are wise you probably find out the source :) one story that i came across recently was that even angels descended to fight for the Pakistani forces...:whistle: the past is nothing but a lesson for the future inshallah when needed the whole "Quom" would take a stand. In fact i have come across people who actually went around and tried to understand the Afghan conflict and then withdrew from going on jihad.

one story that i came across recently was that even angels descended to fight for the Pakistani forces...:whistle:

I think that gem was from none other than the great defence analyst and strategist (Sic), Zaid Hamid. Check out the portion where he mentions that a ghost army brandishing glittering swords descended on the battlefield to help Pakistani soldiers. The Indians on seeing them, ran away screaming!!! Wooot! :woot: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jats Awan Arain Gujjar all martial.

Present day Pakistan was not too long ago a feudal society. All people of Pakistan are martial as that was the way of life.

Don't forget Punjabi Muslim Rajput's - a very valiant and warrior like people.

Don't forget Punjabi Muslim Rajput's - a very valiant and warrior like people.

Excuse me.

I'm ashamed that it even slipped my mind.

But yes Rajput also martial.

Jats Awan Arain Gujjar all martial.

Present day Pakistan was not too long ago a feudal society. All people of Pakistan are martial as that was the way of life.

Agreed but it can be argued a majority of Pakistanis are still living in a feudal society.

Agreed but it can be argued a majority of Pakistanis are still living in a feudal society.

To a certain extent, yes we are.

And that was my point.

But I wouldn't say the majority.

The ironic thing is that even IF at one point the Pak Army did claim martial superiority it is the Indian who constantly bring it up 40 years after the fact. Perhaps Pakistanis are not so overconfident and you Indians are just insecure. :azn:

Us Punjabis has been fighting for centuries to protect our lands. It comes hand in hand with farming.

from Pakistani army webpage

******* hilarious ...:lol::lol:

Pakistani Heroes and Fearless Warriors

officialy its 1 pak soldier equals 4 indian soldier , later it became 1 pakistani soldiers equals 10 indian soldiers ...:lol:

Are you stupid? Or do you just have poor understanding of english? It is an expression for stating that the Indian force was 4 times larger than the Pakistani yet the Pakistanis managed to halt their advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom