What's new

Is PAF going to get 24 Su-35 fighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are YOu in Ur Senses ?
~ India Has OVER 200 Projects RUNNING with Russia
~ $35 Billion Fifth Gen Project, Russia & India are Partners ( Exclusive to India )
~ Nuclear Sub to India ( Exclusive )

And Much Much More !!

THERE is NOTHING Called "Re-EXPORT" in Practical Terms in Defence.

Are You Vladimir Putin or a Fortune Teller ?

Read This to Enlighten Yourself : India

Precisely, you make my point... With so many deals going on. Are indian going to cut off all military deal with Russia just becos of 24 Su-35 to PAF under re export deal? NO..

Thanks for pointing it out. You help to explain my position more clearly. Indian just need to bear with it. Just like RD-93 engines re-export to PAF..

Has Russia already anger India by re export engines to Pakistan? How can relationship build on contract signed deem not correct and changes anything at its will like Su-30MKI and INS Vikramaditya? Do you still regard any friendship left? All left is just commercial deal and nothing more.

If Russia allow re-export Su-35 to PAF. Are IAF going to cut off all PAK-FA deal? Cancel all warship deal and all other armour deal? NO.. Deal with it.. The world is changing everyday.

As I say, Russia can just play dumb on re export of Su-35 by China to PAF. They will push all the blame to China. Then what can you do? Punish China?

I never claimed there was anything like a close friendship between India and Russia, it is a mutually beneficial relationship this is about all. And why would Russia jeperdise future deals not just ones that have been signed to date? India is looking to spend in excess of $100BN in the next 5/6 years on modernization efforts for the military and if Russia can get even a little slice of this it will be extremely lucrative for Russia. Pakistan cannot offer even 1/50th of this. It is simple buisness sense that Russia will stick with India.

In the past Russia has not supplied A SINGLE piece offensive equipment to Pakistan and I don't see this changing in the future as India gets richer. If the shoe was on the other foot I'd have said India has no chance going up aginast the richer Pakistan but that isn't the case today so it is what it is. A single largish deal from India could be worth more than 5 years of Pakistani defence spending and this is today let alone in 10-15 years when India is spending $150-200 BN+ a year on its defence budget. Is this really so hard to grasp?

The Russians aren't idiots.

Totally new fighter??? How do you strike deep into India without Su-35?? With Su-35, long legged, armed with AESA, TVC plus a massive load of ammunition of AA, AtoG. You can do wonders and send nightmare to IAF... China is very unfortunate not able to export J-16. Sorry my friend. This is only what China can do for you....

I think for deep strikes two options are taken into consideration by us :

1) The Block 52 F-16s & the possible acquisition of the J-10Bs which, amongst other things, enjoy greater endurance over the early block F-16s we have & the JF-17.

2) SRBMs, MRBMs, ALCMs (Ra'ad), CMs (Babur) & other stand-off weapons we have !

P.S We should keep in mind that both our Forward Operating Basis & the Indian FOBs are within a few dozen kms of the border which means that whichever one of us conducts a deep strike into the other's territory....they don't really need long-range bombers or the sort ! Even the MKIs serve other purposes than purely a deep strike platform; purposes like a quasi AWAC capability, factoring in India's length & breadth & it being a bloody armed to the tooth Tank capable of carrying more arsenal per platform than anything we've got.

Precisely, you make my point... With so many deals going on. Are indian going to cut off all military deal with Russia just becos of 24 Su-35 to PAF under re export deal? NO..

Thanks for pointing it out. You help to explain my position more clearly. Indian just need to bear with it. Just like RD-93 engines re-export to PAF..
The threat is there so why should Russia risk it to make (compartivley) peanuts from Pakistan? It seems like you are paiting the Russians as sheer fools.

And why should India have any issues with Russia re-exporting obsolete engines to Pakistan to be fitted on a sub-par fighter?

Cut it off, PAF won't go for SU35 forever. J10b is currently the best affordable choice. Rumors about PAF flatly refused J10b is BS.
Oscar told me that Pakistan is having difficulty to even pay interest on soft loans which China is offering for J-10B. Mind you he is a senior moderator and mostly he is right. So I take his words over this deal.

Having said that, I agree with your post. J-10B is best thing for Pakistan for now as only China is offering Pakistan with 4.5 gen plane. This deal is far from being cancelled but delays from Pakistan side can be expected.

Its funny to see that people think Russia will let go India as business partner. With all the defense deal aside, people also forget billions of dollars worth Nuclear plants deal that Russia is making with India.

Is it so damn difficult to see what matters to Russia, a country which can't pay back its loan for a c country which is ready to by billions of dollars worth weapons and nuclear plants which is must for its economic growth. You make your judgement.

Thanks! You make my point too.. Nobody is gonna help India and with such huge deal going on. Even 24 Su-35 is not gonna change anything.... Nuclear sub, tanks, Stealth fighter jet and CV plus nuclear plant. All these are too important compare to 24 Su-35 fighters.

If PAF is interested in two engine fighters, they will go for J16 rather than Su35. Russia don't have any right to constrain china exporting J16 to Pakistan.

Well when did pak reject j-10 offer??? when did that happened?

any source? that so shocking new's :( :/

Oscar told me that Pakistan is having difficulty to even pay interest on soft loans which China is offering for J-10B. Mind you he is a senior moderator and mostly he is right. So I take his words over this deal.

Having said that, I agree with your post. J-10B is best thing for Pakistan for now as only China is offering Pakistan with 4.5 gen plane. This deal is far from being cancelled but delays from Pakistan side can be expected.

Soft loan from China. 24 jet for 1.5 billion. I will not say its out of reach for PAF budget.

When did China got Su35s ?
When/Why did PAF reject J10 ?
The best aircraft for PAF is F16 B52 for infinite reasons .

Really ?

India Goes for Rafale .. ( Not Mig 35 )Why ?
India Goes for Israeli Missiles.. ( Not Russian ) Why ?
India Goes for Globemaster III ( Not IL-76 ) .. Why ?
India Gies for Apache ( Not Mi-35 ).. Why ?

India Goes for THE BEST .
Its India Which has Open tender System and Will NOT "Bear" rather Choose Its Best Options.

Its Russia which Doesnt want to loose its Long Lasting Partner ( Same fr India, as Indo-Russian Relations is far far above Buyer-Seller One./. Like Pak-China Friendship ) and Its Biggest Defence Customer.

If PAF is interested in two engine fighters, they will go for J16 rather than Su35. Russia don't have any right to constrain china exporting J16 to Pakistan.

China is not allow to re-export any J-11 fighter series to other countries. This is basic agreement between China and Russia. Have you seen any J-11B, J-11BS or J-16 attending Zuhai 2012 airshow???

Really ?

OMG

But-why-meme.png

Really ?

India Goes for THE BEST .
Its India Which has Open tender System and Will NOT "Bear" rather Choose Its Best Options.

Its Russia which Doesnt want to loose its Long Lasting Partner ( Same fr India, as Indo-Russian Relations is far far above Buyer-Seller One./. Like Pak-China Friendship ) and Its Biggest Defence Customer.

That is another point... With India slowly drifting away from Russia arm. Even without the 24 Su-35 planes re-export to PAF, this is not gonna change, right? So Russian thinking is, why not make some money while I still can? As simple as that. With or w/o, its not gonna change any strategy level between Indian and Russia. Russia make money with 24 jets while life still goes on.

Soft loan from China. 24 jet for 1.5 billion. I will not say its out of reach for PAF budget.
Agreed. I think its deal of 36 J-10B. I also thought it won't be a problem but Oscar made a good point which I take seriously.

Its not a large amount considering the importance of these fighters especially after India's Rafale deal and Super Sukhoi program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom