What's new

Is Mig-29 jets Good for Pakistan, For Maritime Attack?

I agree:agree:

If Pakistan Navy is looking for Fighter jet squadron for meeting maritime security parameters here is my suggestion.

No1:
Chinese J-11B
475e30870d97f54e54219ad0091a6da0.jpg

NO2:
RAAF F/A 18 Hornets.( they are being replaced anytime soon)

Regards::pakistan:

J/F-10/20 deal is done and Pakistan should start getting these between 2012-2015. Pakistan most likely will use both Jf-17 and J/F-10/20 for PAF and PN.
J-11Bs would definitely be a better option but I don't think Pakistan has the $$$ to invest in new Aircraft purchase before 2015.
Pakistan might consider buying more surplus F-16 but I seriously doubt that Pakistan will consider F-18/F-15.

I think Bangladesh or Iran will end up buying these Malaysian mig29.

J/F-10/20 deal is done and Pakistan should start getting these between 2012-2015. Pakistan most likely will use both Jf-17 and J/F-10/20 for PAF and PN.
J-11Bs would definitely be a better option but I don't think Pakistan has the $$$ to invest in new Aircraft purchase before 2015.
Pakistan might consider buying more surplus F-16 but I seriously doubt that Pakistan will consider F-18/F-15.

I think Bangladesh or Iran will end up buying these Malaysian mig29.

J-11B......Not permitted in PAF doctrine
F/A 18........ Not Permitted by US

FC-20 will be the main maritime defence fighter.....not the strike fighter as a strike over sea can prove to be a deadly mission with single engine fighter....Simply too much risk....However, FC-20 can be used as an interceptor or in close in anti-ship mode

sooo close the topic and let paf do the rest why we waste the time

^^^ Forget euros and everything , Join us in JF program we shall develop a sea patrol variant together !

what do you think?

it is going to eat a lot of resource to develop something that is already available in the market

btw russia did offered us(malaysian) a trade in offer;16 MiG-29N for another batch of 6 Su-30MKM.so far no further decision is made whether Mindef will accept this very handsome offer or not

it is going to eat a lot of resource to develop something that is already available in the market

btw russia did offered us(malaysian) a trade in offer;16 MiG-29N for another batch of 6 Su-30MKM.so far no further decision is made whether Mindef will accept this very handsome offer or not

Yeah it will eat a lot of resources, but atleast it will become an own asset, not depending on others for life, and with a good cheap product can even become a contender against those which are already in the market.

Cost is not always important, especially something which has strategic value.

Well some one say Pakistan can't afford twin engine. Pak been using and maintaining twin engines for decade. Plus Mig29 is useless when F16 already in inventory . Mig29 been shotdown my F16 more then one time. Its not necessary bulky plane which carry lots of load can provide proper air and ground cover. When specially in this era when low flying concept is suicidal for any pilot.

I have a question, where is this written that PAF is not interested in twin engines fighters. We talk a lot about future acquisitions or 5th generation fighters, arnt all the 5th generation fighters twin engined.

Can anybody answer that???

Isn't this the plane that's long been famous for crashing at air shows? If I was an Indian I'm not sure I'd be scared of it, but if I was a Pakistani I sure would be!

I have a question, where is this written that PAF is not interested in twin engines fighters. We talk a lot about future acquisitions or 5th generation fighters, arnt all the 5th generation fighters twin engined.

Can anybody answer that???

There is no hard and fast rule that PAF does not want to go for a twin engine jet. If PAF has to go for a twin engine jet don't you think it would rather go for a 5th Generation Fighter then a 4th Generation.
PAF has had some bad experiences with maintaining and upgrading its F-16 fleet, I don't think they will make the same mistake again by going for a fighter jet from an unreliable source.
Mig-29 is just not a feasible purchase for PAF, there are other better, more reliable and low maintenance birds available.
Spending money on the upgrades for JF-17 program will be the choice over Mig-29 any day.
F-15 is my all time favorite so just want to clear that I have nothing against Twin Engine Jets.
HAIDER said:
Pak been using and maintaining twin engines for decade.

Please provide some details on the above as this is something new to me.

Thanks.

:cheers:

Last edited:
A5..It has two WP-6 after burning type of turbojet engines, a fuselage 15,65 meters long, a height of 4.33 meters, and a wingspan of 9,68 meters. Its maximum takeoff load is 11,300 kg.

So, it been in service for more then 20 years...

RD 93 ...latest engine used in Mig29 ...but Russian has lot less life and required more maintenance then US one...plus Russian burn lot more gas. Hate smoke trail in Russian engine...
To Indian , IAF been using Russian high tech long time....what's the cause of this smoke trail in Russian engines ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom