What's new

Is Indian Cuisine Coming of Age in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani food is as good as Indian food....but you can never beat Indian food as Indian food has variety...Pkaistan has its best sidhes in Non veg and is similar to the food of North India...although there is still a lot difference..but apart from that, Pakistan has nothing special to match Indian food. Its easier to convince people if they have explored almost whole of India....each state has its onw different food..own differnt spices and own different dishes. South Indian states has their own world class flavours..North Indian food has its onw specialty...Bengali food is equally yummy, and they have their own style...if you go to the far east you get totally diferent food...Goan and other states from western ghats have different style of food.
Now after al this....it should be added that Indian food also consist of thousands of veg dishes from all over India. Now that should not leave anyone thinking that we eat less meat.

That's a major Indian misconception. All I will say is Baluchistan, and Swat. They have entirely different foods that most Indians have never even heard of.

That's a major Indian misconception. All I will say is Baluchistan, and Swat. They have entirely different foods that most Indians have never even heard of.

Is it true that only Punjabis eat daal in Pakistan.

Very true.

For example, the tandoori naans that they make in Quetta are out of this world. They are nothing like the typical Indian naan and you can't even get them elsewhere in Pakistan. Huge, tear shaped, with just the right hint of sweetness -- absolutely perfect.

no i never heard ......may be its avaliable but never tried ..........i have sipped pomegrenate juice :woot:

r u sindhi ??? u must be sindhi ,u have put the pic of "king priest" in avatar ....

beautiful_pakistan_cultu_4851104cdc1a91.jpg

17-1.jpg

images

trout_recipes_01.jpg

RajivKapur4.jpg

Is Maharashtrian cuisine popular in us???

VERY VERY NICE CHEESE CAKE CALLED KUNEFE , 3RD BEST DESERT AFTER BAKLAVA AND KADAYIF

k%C3%BCnefe-tatl%C4%B1s%C4%B1-tarifi.jpg

There are very few restaurant which offer specialized Maharashtrain food... most of restaurant in US serve Northen Indian food... few offer southern indian food.. I knwo couple of restaurants in San francisco which cater Maharashtrain food... though some of the staples like Vada-pav, bhel you can find at multiple places...

Is Maharashtrian cuisine popular in us???

Guys..does anyone know any Turkish joints in India ?. These guys are making me suffer. I am prepared to even travel all the way over to Delhi ( 3 day train journey ) to try Turkish food.

Very true.

For example, the tandoori naans that they make in Quetta are out of this world. They are nothing like the typical Indian naan and you can't even get them elsewhere in Pakistan. Huge, tear shaped, with just the right hint of sweetness -- absolutely perfect.

You get that stuff in Dubai.

so u must read about "MEHRGRAH CIVILIZATION"(balochistan) it is oldest civilization than mohen jo daro /harrapa but excavated later i think......

aray wah ..ye mene kahen dakhen hein ..but try naee kiya .,............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom