What's new

Is Indian Cuisine Coming of Age in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an indian, I love chinese food more than indian. I know i'm going to get sht for this, but what can ya do?

Pakistani food are less spicy as the Kashmiri chilly veraity that they use are less spicy. on the other hand we have south indian currys that are super spicy because of the use of Andra Red Chilly.

Most people, including myself, misuse the word 'spicy' to mean hot. As you surely know, being truly spicy has all to do with flavor. Plenty of spicy foods are not hot at all, e.g. Kashmiri pulao.

Or something as simple as cardamom tea.

There isn't much spicy stuff (chili) in Chinese food.

I used to know a Chinese guy who carried his own chilies. I'm serious!

We would go to lunch at work and he would take out his little box of super hot chilies because the food in most places wasn't hot enough for him.

One hot Chinese dish I love is Kung Pao chicken. They don't make it too hot in Australia, but in the US it is killer hot.

Sorry I have developed intense hatred for fish after drinking milk then eating fish... diarhhea for a week :argh:

As an indian, I love chinese food more than indian. I know i'm going to get sht for this, but what can ya do?

How darrrrre you. Lol jk, Chinese food is really good. Although I would imagine it tasting much better from the land it came from.

Actually states in India that are near or border China have somewhat similar dishes such as in Manipur, Sikkim, Tripura, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.

How darrrrre you. Lol jk, Chinese food is really good. Although I would imagine it tasting much better from the land it came from.

Actually states in India that are near or border China have somewhat similar dishes such as in Manipur, Sikkim, Tripura, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.

Mainland China is Indian owned :P
Welcome to Mainland China : The largest chain of speciality fine-dining Chinese restaurants in the country

There's even one near my home in Dhaka :D

Yay! We are all pro Chini dalal! :victory:

:lol:

could some kind poster explain the differences and similarities between indian and pakistani food? i have had afghani, iranian, turkish, as well middle eastern. but ive only had pakistani once, and the restaurant wasnt very good. but the food was the similar to indian food i had before.

i dont mean to start any indo pakistani flame wars, but i do want to know what food is generally regarded as coming from where. Is south indian cuisine popular in pakistan? is pakistani dishes popular in calcutta?

on the internet i see a lot of indian pakistani rivalry. but considering their shared history, i was wondering about the flip side of the story. do pakistanis and indians make trips to each other's countries? i met a sihk who said that the sihk religion started in now what is pakistan, but the pakistani government discourages sihk religion. is this true or was he making stuff up?
Not clear on the differences either (though most have said "Indian", wouldn't be suprised if some was "Pakistani."). One guy I worked with in Cali was a Hindu (I think he was, the whole no flesh at all sect), was interesting. Food gets mixed here. We have a local place that sell "Mediteranean" food. mish-mash of Greek, Turk, Arabic (owner is Syrian, great food, but pricey)

Are you talking about Fijian Indian food or Indian food? Cause they are very very different.

Some times a little localization is a good thing (though tasting in the home-country is often a different experience)

Who has tried Ojree (Lamb Stomach)? :cheesy:

An indian Restaurant chian AD

MUST WATCH :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
^I've seen it before. It's the most gayest ad ever :lol:

What about Bihari Kabab or Hyderabadi Biryani.
Have has hydrbadi biryani a couple of times, disappointed everytime >.> It's an insult to ALL biryanis (atleast the hyd biryani you get in Dubai)

That's because provinces like Guangdong (Canton) and Fujian are right on the southern coastline, so we tend to immigrate overseas a lot.

Historically, overseas Chinese communities were once almost entirely made up of Southern Chinese, for this reason.

That's why the stereotypical Chinese accent is a Cantonese one (like Bruce Lee). :lol: Mandarin speakers don't sound like that at all, they have a much more subtle accent.
If you're talking about accents, Y U NO PRONOUNCE CONSONANTS?
Pleeeaaaaasseee i beg you, always pronounce the consonants (no offence, but it's true)

Blasphemy! Japanese food is the best in the world. A perfect balance of both taste and health.
Maybe in the posh retaurants, but the fastfood chain kinda of japanese restaraunts are tasty but daaaaaaamn oily

The best thing about Indian food is the variety, North west south east all have so much rich cuisine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom