What's new

Is Indian Cuisine Coming of Age in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
has somebody tried kishmish pulaooo ..i had had in sawaat and malim jabba......

Two varieties of Biryani famous in India.

Lucknowi Biryani or North Indian(Non Spicy, rich in butter or Ghee)
Murgh%20Lucknowi%20BiryaniB.jpg

Hyderabadi Biryani or South Indian( too much spicy)
dsc02240.jpg

Two varieties of Biryani famous in India.

Lucknowi Biryani or North Indian(Non Spicy, rich in butter or Ghee)
Murgh%20Lucknowi%20BiryaniB.jpg

Hyderabadi Biryani or South Indian( too much spicy)
dsc02240.jpg
way more different types of Biryani(It is BirIyani in south) exists all over India. and in south Kerala/Malabar Biriyani is not that spicy if You compare to Andhra/Chettinad etc. There are many varieties like Fish Biryani,Kaada(Quail) Biriyani,Tapioca Biryani,"Irani Biryani" etc etc. and

Kappa Biriyani ( Tapioca Biriyani )
kappa-biriyani.jpg

IMO, cuisine in Tamilnadu,Andhra and Karnataka are really close.

In GCC countries, Kerala Biriyani is widely available in many restaurants owned by Keralites/Malabar. "Sharjah Shake" is a innovasion from a juice bar in Kozhikode(calicut) in 90s. it is plain thick banana milk shake and now it is quiet famous in south India(and perhaps big metros also).

Another myth. The majority of Indians are Hindu and therefore vegetarians. They even kill you for eating beef.

These meat dishes surely are Pakistani

You are living in a myth world Brahmins constitute 5%of population + 5% Gujratis + 5% Marwaris , that makes 15% veggie population in India.

there are some different types of biryanis made in different regions

eeg biryani ,buhari biryani,vegetable rice biryani ,and some others are zafarani chicken biryani
fish biryani

Last edited by a moderator:
way more different types of Biryani(It is BirIyani in south) exists all over India. and in south Kerala/Malabar Biriyani is not that spicy if You compare to Andhra/Chettinad etc. There are many varieties like Fish Biryani,Kaada(Quail) Biriyani,Tapioca Biryani,"Irani Biryani" etc etc.
IMO, cuisine in Tamilnadu,Andhra and Karnataka are really close.

Andhra cuisine is too much fierce hot, so is the Marathi cuisine. I have tasted Chicken Dum Biryani from Tamil Nadu, it is red in color containing lots of tomatoes.

if any of you eat ISKENDER KEBAB then you will have your no.1 choice ever , if et from a good Restaurant then its no.1 choice

93_iskender_kebab.jpg

DSC_1612.jpg

BAKLAVA BEST DESERT IN THE WORLD

baklava.jpg

baklava-recipe-21441414.jpg

Baklava is my favorite dessert with tea. :tup:

watever u make but do avoid from readymade masalas (in powdered packet form)coz each masalas has its own tastes...

I miss Indian Chinese the most here in the UK. I have had a lot of very nice authentic Chinese food but sometime I just crave for the Indianised, spiced up, MSG laced Chicken Manchaw, Chicken Triple/Manchurian rice, Paneer/Chicken chilli.

has somebody tried kishmish pulaooo ..i had had in sawaat and malim jabba......

We add cashewnuts and kismish(raisin) to pulav in India and have it with daal or curry.

I remember in Karachi me and my friends went out to try lamb brain... i have to say i almost threw up... Oh well..

Btw we have also tried Lahori nihari... best in the world actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom