What's new

Iraq warns Israel on using airspace in Iran strike

I think the sanctions have very little to do with KSA. Even though KSA encouraged them, it is all about what Israel and by extension USA want. KSA helped ease the oil problem by providing more oil to compensate for Iran, but either way sanctions would have come.

It's deep hatred on both sides. Saudi king doesn't want Iran interfering in Arab affairs and Iranian leaders want to increase our sphere of influence in the region. The main battle ground right now is Syria, whichever side wins that civil war will be in the superior position.

The Saudi King doesn't pick and choose who likes or not friend, same goes with the supreme leader. As for the sanctions, back in 08 KSA voted against them in the UN, because we knew that the sanctions will affect the Iranian people more than the government itself.

Other than that; the tension isn't solely based on the so-called sphere of influence, but a Sunni vs Shia BS. Both of our religious establishments are intolerant, I don't think you're blind to see it.

The Saudi King doesn't pick and choose who likes or not friend, same goes with the supreme leader. As for the sanctions, back in 08 KSA voted against them in the UN, because we knew that the sanctions will affect the Iranian people more than the government itself.

Out in the open both Iran and KSA pretended to be on good terms. That's why KSA voted the way it did in the UN. It has nothing to do with not wanting Iranian people to suffer, as we saw behind closed doors the Saudi king encouraged the US to go to war with Iran and "cut the head of the snake" as he put it. It goes both ways, Iran would love nothing more then to see the Saudi monarchy topple.

Other than that; the tension isn't solely based on the so-called sphere of influence, but a Sunni vs Shia BS. Both of our religious establishments are intolerant, I don't think you're blind to see it.

But you must see that this Sunni vs Shia drama is exactly all about sphere of influence! Saudi Arabia is seen by many as the home of Sunni Islam while Iran is the fighters for Shia Islam. So this Sunni/Shia beef runs deeper then just ideological differences. Both sides are using it as a tool for power play. That is not to say that the Iranian Ayatollahs or Saudi Monarchs are insincere with their beliefs, but rather that political hegemony for both countries relies largely on this sectarian difference.

It was just a statement of reassurance towards a neighbouring country. Nobody expects Iraq to strike back against Israel.

....?

an almost dead man, getting up from sick bed (still in the hospital) should keep his trap shut .

Pl see my previous post on this thread to understand what I am trying to say here.

peace

Out in the open both Iran and KSA pretended to be on good terms. That's why KSA voted the way it did in the UN. It has nothing to do with not wanting Iranian people to suffer, as we saw behind closed doors the Saudi king encouraged the US to go to war with Iran and "cut the head of the snake" as he put it. It goes both ways, Iran would love nothing more then to see the Saudi monarchy topple.

But you must see that this Sunni vs Shia drama is exactly all about sphere of influence! Saudi Arabia is seen by many as the home of Sunni Islam while Iran is the fighters for Shia Islam. So this Sunni/Shia beef runs deeper then just ideological differences. Both sides are using it as a tool for power play. That is not to say that the Iranian Ayatollahs or Saudi Monarchs are insincere with their beliefs, but rather that political hegemony for both countries relies largely on this sectarian difference.

Well, I would argue about the legitimacy of the Wikileaks cables because we have only seen the best of them. In addition, the Iranians acted out in an odd way by dismissing them, just like the Ambassdor assassination drama.

You don't seem to understand what I'm getting at bro, what I'm saying is that no matter how harsh the sanctions get, Iran won't freeze its nuclear program out of nowhere to please an X or Y state at all. Therefore, it is in our belief that any further sanctions would harm the Iranian people than the government, this became clearer and clearer over the years.

The Saudi government ,like any other government, gains its legitimacy form its own people. So neither KSA or Iran would achieve the objective of topple the regimes of one another.

I suspect that the game of spreading influence will continue in near future, both sides need to understand their importance to the Muslim World.

Well, I would argue about the legitimacy of the Wikileaks cables because we have only seen the best of them. In addition, the Iranians acted out in an odd way by dismissing them, just like the Ambassdor assassination drama.

You don't seem to understand what I'm getting at bro, what I'm saying is that no matter how harsh the sanctions get, Iran won't freeze its nuclear program out of nowhere to please an X or Y state at all. Therefore, it is in our belief that any further sanctions would harm the Iranian people than the government, this became clearer and clearer over the years.

The Saudi government ,like any other government, gains its legitimacy form its own people. So neither KSA or Iran would achieve the objective of topple the regimes of one another.

I suspect that the game of spreading influence will continue in near future, both sides need to understand their importance to the Muslim World.

I get your point bro, but I find it hard to believe that Saudi government cares one way or another for normal Iranian people's lives.

It is strange how wikileaks was dismissed out of hand. The whole Saudi assassination plot was also very weird and amateurish. I agree there is something more then what meets the eye.

I hope for peace too. But you should know that "peace" and "Muslim world" don't go hand in hand.

I get your point bro, but I find it hard to believe that Saudi government cares one way or another for normal Iranian people's lives.

It is strange how wikileaks was dismissed out of hand. The whole Saudi assassination plot was also very weird and amateurish. I agree there is something more then what meets the eye.

I hope for peace too. But you should know that "peace" and "Muslim world" don't go hand in hand.

That perception is being shared by the Saudi public for some reason which is a bit odd, but DOES reflect fear on both sides. But for me, no I met enough Iranians to see how good they were.

Why peace and Muslim World can't co-exist?

Why peace and Muslim World can't co-exist?

Too much ethnic and sectarian issues. These will not go away until either the region as a whole becomes much less religious and secular, or one sect gets wiped out. I don't see either of these things happening, at least in my lifetime.

an almost dead man, getting up from sick bed (still in the hospital) should keep his trap shut .

Pl see my previous post on this thread to understand what I am trying to say here.

peace

Iraq to Israel : You are not allowed to use our airspace for striking Iran.

What is wrong with it ?

There is a big difference between what is allowed and what is possible.
Arabs are no match for Israel technological superiority.

Well, that's true, to some extents. However, I don't think Israel can get away with bombing the Iranian nuclear infrastructure. What do you think about that? :/

Well, that's true, to some extents. However, I don't think Israel can get away with bombing the Iranian nuclear infrastructure. What do you think about that? :/
if we read the wikileaks it is what KSA wants to much ;)

How will Iran retaliate? Using a generation old planes? Sending suicide bombers? Land invasion?
If you observe closely, Iranian government is hopelessly trying to duplicate steps of Nazi Germany but they ain't Germans.

Too much ethnic and sectarian issues. These will not go away until either the region as a whole becomes much less religious and secular, or one sect gets wiped out. I don't see either of these things happening, at least in my lifetime.

I guess it's true. There is another thing that is rising a lot of concerns at least for those who don't believe in sectarian divisions, if you ask me. The on-going war in Syria right now has instigated many anti-Assad nations to show anti-Shias sentiments ,and this can jeopardize the whole region much longer.

There is a big difference between what is allowed and what is possible.
Arabs are no match for Israel technological superiority.

Iraq cannot stop them, Iraq has no air defence besides the Avenger system that makes use of stinger missiles which are incapable of reaching F15s/F16s flying over 10km high at a high speed, it is impossible.
Everyone knows we cannot stop them but this is diplomacy and politics, Iraqs government does not want Israel to make use of its airspace for this operation if they will do it.
Though we have no air force/air defence capable of stopping them.

Besides many Arab countries are no match to Israel but if Iraq had long range air defences with a good number of fighter jets Israel would not just fly over it to do a mission in Iran, they cannot bring down an entire air force in the way just to continue to their bombing mission.

Back
Top Bottom