What's new

Iranians and their sense of humor

Despite some issues, especially with their insane leadership --I like the Iranians, as a civilization; as a people. Good people, and smart.

Quite a symbolic move on their part! Even if war does not end up breaking out.

What does 'cool headed' mean to you? If possible, name a Pakistani leader whom you feel is 'cool headed' and then I'd probably be better able to understand your thoughts perhaps.

Just liked to point out that "cool headed" means rulers who don't unleash a stockpile of nukes on people they don't get along with to fulfill BS religious prophecies that are out of our hands. We've had generals, feudal lords, and some feudal lord generals, but never have we ever even attacked India in a proportion out of context or had a single blip in nuclear security....let alone made threats to any outside country about wiping them off the map or even wiping out their state, which represents their people. The ideology of Iran's leadership must be taken into account when thought of in a military context.

Just liked to point out that "cool headed" means rulers who don't unleash a stockpile of nukes on people they don't get along with to fulfill BS religious prophecies that are out of our hands. We've had generals, feudal lords, and some feudal lord generals, but never have we ever even attacked India in a proportion out of context or had a single blip in nuclear security....let alone made threats to any outside country about wiping them off the map or even wiping out their state, which represents their people. The ideology of Iran's leadership must be taken into account when thought of in a military context.

Well in that case it doesn't correlate very well with the Iranian leadership as such for they haven't expressed any desire to release nuclear weapons on people with whom they hold disagreements. So far to my knowledge, only one country has unleashed nuclear weapons on a civilian population with respect to a conflict. As for fulfilling religious prophecies, that depends on one's belief and understanding of faith-- for it determines what is "BS" and what is not. By the way, what prophecy are you referring to which are said to be within human control? As for attacking out of context, contexts aside as they can be manufactured, what nation has Iran invaded in it's recent past? As for Ahmadinejad's statement, he said that the 'regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the pages of time.' I find no reference within it to the non-existence of Israel as separate entity. The "wipe of the map" is a poor translation of Persian. As to the bit about Pakistan and India and their relations, opinion as to that should be better addressed to an Indian as it relates directly to their country. The above being said, my own views on Iranian leadership and it's stances is very mixed and this is aside from my belief that there is no such thing as a perfect government or policy. I keep my self aware of their lackings (which are numerous), but I do give credit (from an Iranian perspective) where it is due and this transcends Iran. As with most things in the world, Iran's leadership is neither black nor white.

Last edited:
Just liked to point out that "cool headed" means rulers who don't unleash a stockpile of nukes on people they don't get along with to fulfill BS religious prophecies that are out of our hands.
May I ask you what prophecy? could you explain it more?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom