What's new

Iran sends 2nd monkey into space, returns it safely

I think its unfair to look at Iran's budget in dollar terms, given that the Iranian Rial is severely undervalued and and almost all its space program is indigenous.
I am trying to find what % of total budget is spent on primate space program, not bothered about currency much.

Kavoshgar-7.jpg

I am trying to find what % of total budget is spent on primate space program, not bothered about currency much.

You are looking at the "primate space program" as you call it, in isolation and in a way doing what the western critics do when it comes to Indian space program.

I mean officially Iran claims that they are working towards their goal of manned space flight in 2020, but what they are doing is perfecting their SLV and missile technology. A country like Iran, which is just getting out of sanctions, doesn't have the luxury of conducting missile tests whenever they have to validate new systems and sub systems.

Lessons learnt from the "primate space program" will be very much useful for Iran's SLV and missile programs.

You are looking at the "primate space program" as you call it, in isolation and in a way doing what the western critics do when it comes to Indian space program.

I mean officially Iran claims that they are working towards their goal of manned space flight in 2020, but what they are doing is perfecting their SLV and missile technology. A country like Iran, which is just getting out of sanctions, doesn't have the luxury of conducting missile tests whenever they have to validate new systems and sub systems.

Lessons learnt from the "primate space program" will be very much useful for Iran's SLV and missile programs.
ah ok.. makes sense then.. certainly abut use in military technology if not slv...

No problem ... but we are here to talk about science not BS !
Really? to talk science? ok, what was the purpose in sending monkey for the second time.

There is a lot of gap between claims and reality. Besides I dont understand what sending monkies to space achieves, because human space flight should be the last of their priority. they should focus on launching and operating more satellites first before attempting this.
I think Its just a gimmick.

sending monkey into space has nothing to do with manned space flight, it is covered ballistic missile program, only monkeys will cheer for sanding monkey not even in orbit.

Last edited:
Really? to talk science? ok, what was the purpose in sending monkey for the second time.

1- better vehicle

2- Improved landing system

3- Improved separation system

4- Improved heat shield

5- ...

& it is not the last monkey !

Next step is bigger Capsule & chimpanzee !

& at last ... we will have a real spacecraft & 3 astronauts on board !

1- better vehicle

2- Improved landing system

3- Improved separation system

4- Improved heat shield

5- ...

& it is not the last monkey !

Next step is bigger Capsule & chimpanzee !

& at last ... we will have a real spacecraft & 3 astronauts on board !

Yeaaaaah.......... You obviously have no idea about R&D.

Back
Top Bottom