What's new

IRAN / RUSSIA

You are a troll with no real knowledge of Pakistan. There is hardly any American equipment in Pakistan anymore. The only American equipment worth mentioning is F16's and they make up a small percentage of our Air Force and in future Pakistan has no intention of buying American equipment. Maybe they don't teach you all this in your high School which you may be attending right now , little boy. Get some knowledge before you take part in discussions here.

I know that, I should mention Russian weapons also. But didn't meant only American weapons, but also financial support to Pakistan. Fact is that every muslim-state is depending on non-muslim, mostly christian, states with their militaries. The pact you mention is laughable: Turkey would never choose side against the NATO or America and Iran an Pakistan are nothing without Russian (or Chinese) help. You don't know where you're talking about. You're only used by superpowers (US, China and Russia) because of their geo-political/economic fight.

Yeah, there were a lot of pro-Czarist Russian farmers moving into Iran after the 1917 Red Revolution.

And Iranians never trust them. In fact, most Iranians see the British and Russians more as their enemies than US or Israel.

How can you say that? Any conclusive surveys?

All of the Iranians I know would agree on this. It's because of Iran's history. Nobody trust the Russians or the British. Even the mullahs don't trust the Russians. Like a Chinese Middle-Eastern expert said: Iran trust nobody.

Why Iranians Hate the British

by ROBERT FISK

It’s a weird irony that Iranians know the history of Anglo-Persian relations better than the Brits. When the newly installed Ministry of Islamic Guidance asked Harvey Morris, Reuters’ man in post-revolutionary Iran, for a history of his news agency, he asked his London office to send him a biography of Baron von Reuter – and was appalled to discover the founder of the world’s greatest news agency had built Persia’s railways at an immense profit. “How can I show this to the ministry?” he shouted. “It turns out that the Baron was worse than the ******* Shah!” Of which, of course, the ministry was well aware.

Britain staged a joint invasion of Iran with Soviet forces when the Shah’s predecessor got a bit too close to the Nazis in World War Two and then helped the Americans overthrow the democratically elected Mohammed Mossadegh in 1953 after he nationalised Britain’s oil possessions in the country.
This was not a myth but a real, down-to-earth conspiracy. The CIA called it Operation Ajax; the Brits wisely kept their ambitions in check by calling it Operation Boot. MI6′s agent in Tehran was Colonel Monty Woodhouse, previously our Special Operations Executive man inside German-occupied Greece. I knew “Monty” well – we co-operated together when I investigated the grim wartime career of ex-UN Secretary General Kurt Waldheim – and he was a ruthless man. Woodhouse brought weapons into Iran for a still non-existent “resistance” movement and he eagerly supported the CIA’s project to fund the “bazaaris” of Tehran to stage demonstrations (in which, of course, hundreds, perhaps thousands, died) to overthrow Mossadegh.

They were successful. Mossadegh was arrested – by an officer assiduously done to death in the 1979 revolution – and the young Shah returned in triumph to impose his rule, reinforced by his faithful SAVAK secret police whose torture of women regime opponents was duly filmed and – according to the great Egyptian journalist Mohamed Hassanein Heikal – circulated by CIA officers to America’s allies around the world as a “teaching” manual. How dare the Iranians remember all this?

The mass of US secret documents found after the American embassy was sacked following the Iranian revolution proved to the Iranians not only Washington’s attempts to subvert the new order of Ayatollah Khomeini but the continued partnership of the American and British intelligence services.

The British ambassador, almost to the end, remained convinced that the Shah, though deeply flawed, would survive. And British governments have continued to rage about the supposedly terrorist nature of the Iranian government. Tony Blair – even at the official inquiry into the Iraq war – started raving about the necessity of standing up to Iranian aggression.

Anyway, the Iranians trashed us yesterday and made off, we are told, with a clutch of UK embassy documents. I cannot wait to read their contents. For be sure, they will soon be revealed.

Robert Fisk writes for the Independent, where this column originally appeared.

Iran's natural enemy isn't America or Israel, but the British and Russians. They always intervened in Iran's intern politics, and the relationship with the US was really good till 1953. They made that big mistake and I surely know they regret it big time. The Iranians love the US and their culture more than any country.

I would agree but Turkey will imo always put Nato first

What you said is true right now, but keep in mind that Turkey is changing rapidly. Five years ago, Turkey was begging for EU membership but today as one after another weaker members of EU are going bankrupt and seeking Bialouts( Greece, Portugal, spain etc) Turkey is not that keen to join EU.

Add to that Erdogan"s latest speech about how he wants to raise the next generation of Turks as religious Muslims and you can get a sense of the future of Turkey. Everyday Turkey is moving away from the West, inch by inch.

What you said is true right now, but keep in mind that Turkey is changing rapidly. Five years ago, Turkey was begging for EU membership but today as one after another weaker members of EU are going bankrupt and seeking Bialouts( Greece, Portugal, spain etc) Turkey is not that keen to join EU.

Add to that Erdogan"s latest speech about how he wants to raise the next generation of Turks as religious Muslims and you can get a sense of the future of Turkey. Everyday Turkey is moving away from the West, inch by inch.

Nonsens, they only make those statements because they have a interest in the Arab/Islamic world. It's all geo-politics.

Nonsens, they only make those statements because they have a interest in the Arab/Islamic world. It's all geo-politics.

Dah . That is the whole point little boy. Turkey's interest in Islamic World is increasing day by day. All three countries ( I.e. turkey , Iran and Pakistan ) are increasingly producing their own weapons ( albeit with little help from China and Russia ). The fact is Russia and China have been more reliable as partners than the West, mainly because they are not controlled by the Zionist scum. China has been a stalwart friend and a time-tested partner of Pakistan for nearly 60 years.

You mention three countries who's militaries are almost entirely made of American or Russian weapons. And they will make a defense pact? Just laughable. Without America Pakistan and Turkey are nothing, without Russia Iran would be nothing. All of the muslim-armies are depending on Christian (Russia or the US) help. You never will be independent and they never will be truly your friend.

How are we nothing without russia?
is russia the one defending us now?
our military is moving on very fast....
provide proof how we would be nothing.

But do not forget the Afghan conference in Turkey last year where Islamabad was disappointed and did not get the expected support from Turkey

All of the Iranians I know would agree on this. It's because of Iran's history. Nobody trust the Russians or the British. Even the mullahs don't trust the Russians. Like a Chinese Middle-Eastern expert said: Iran trust nobody.

Iran's natural enemy isn't America or Israel, but the British and Russians. They always intervened in Iran's intern politics, and the relationship with the US was really good till 1953. They made that big mistake and I surely know they regret it big time. The Iranians love the US and their culture more than any country.
Russia WAS Iran's enemy once.but now it isn't,neither is a friend.
After 1953,U.S replaced Russia.It is number 1 public enemy now.
We don't live in the past.Yes Russians and British did horrible things to Iran during Qajar's era.but now it isn't our enemy,they are just after their interests,like every other country.

Russia WAS Iran's enemy once.but now it isn't,neither is a friend.
After 1953,U.S replaced Russia.It is number 1 public enemy now.
We don't live in the past.Yes Russians and British did horrible things to Iran during Qajar's era.but now it isn't our enemy,they are just after their interests,like every other country.

Even today Russia is seen by many people as their enemy. Look at those videos I posted.

Alot of people think we think russia as Iran guardian angel.
when I say friend, I mean someone who in some way supports us.
even if it verbally then that is fine.

we SHOULD NOT depend on anyone. as we don't.
I don't get why people think Iran is somehow dependant on syria and russia.

Back
Top Bottom