What's new

Iran-India to build gas pipeline through sea to save transit fee

If it's a pipe dream why are so many pakistani's on this thread??

There are some significant hurdles for India/Iran to face, let's see how this develops.

Pakistan should do some studies on potential environmental impact :)

Its actually both.. And I am surprised no one from Pakistan has yet brought up the nuclear angle on this..

just wait someone inevitably will decide that they need to explode a nuke in the ocean to destroy the pipeline.

Its actually both.. And I am surprised no one from Pakistan has yet brought up the nuclear angle on this..

Maybe we should. You guys got both nuclear deal from US and now gas from Iran. Pakistan is not even allowed the gas from Iran let alone any nuclear deal. This is all due to Indian lobby in US working against Pakistan despite we being a longer time ally with US than India. For God's sake India just became a US ally after 2001 and even normalized its relations only after breakup of Soviet union in 1990's.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

just wait someone inevitably will decide that they need to explode a nuke in the ocean to destroy the pipeline.

No need for inhuman nukes. Just give some scuba diving gear to Taliban and they will home in on the pipeline like a torpedo. You Indians can not just help it belittling Pakistanis, Do you? Look at the garbage you are writing here. Shame on you and your dirty thinking.

pakistani members are saying as if we stopped them from importing gas!!! you required gas so build a pipeline for yourself, iran is your neighbour, india's involvement comes later after iran - pak line is built. Obviously we take time because this things invlolve investment of billions of dollars and acceptance from global community as the line is on international waters.
And as far the ecological security is concerrned the pipeline will be on international waters so who gives a damn what your fishermen say or do in fact if they are found lingering suspiciously close to the pipeline i won't be surprised if they arre taken into custody by indian or iranian patrol party. In fact if ever a leakage occurs suspiciously it will directly points towards pakistani guys or americans perhaps to sabotage a bilateral agreement.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Exactly, these guys cannot give proper security to their own military installations it is very funny in fact expecting them to give fool-proof security to india's oil line.they may even steal oil from the pipes :rofl:

THEY WILL NOT STEAL BUT THE GOVERNMENT /ISI CAN ALLOW TO STEAL OIL FROM PIPE LINE WE CAN NOT RELY ON THIS ISSUE

saving of $220 million annual transit fee...

Is that all Pakistan get?
Surely small change for India?

I think it will be surprising if the Israel lobby, neo cons and us hawks who are all against Iran allow this to go through, the income Iran get will help stabilise their economy big time.

Maybe we should. You guys got both nuclear deal from US and now gas from Iran. Pakistan is not even allowed the gas from Iran let alone any nuclear deal. This is all due to Indian lobby in US working against Pakistan despite we being a longer time ally with US than India. For God's sake India just became a US ally after 2001 and even normalized its relations only after breakup of Soviet union in 1990's.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

No need for inhuman nukes. Just give some scuba diving gear to Taliban and they will home in on the pipeline like a torpedo. You Indians can not just help it belittling Pakistanis, Do you? Look at the garbage you are writing here. Shame on you and your dirty thinking.

you speak of supporting a terrorists act and call our thinking dirty?:rofl:
can you never be constructive? is destruction so deeply rooted in your blood that are not able to see past it ?

I think it will be surprising if the Israel lobby, neo cons and us hawks who are all against Iran allow this to go through, the income Iran get will help stabilise their economy big time.

I dont think it will be Iran specific only several other countries may join in.

you speak of supporting a terrorists act and call our thinking dirty?:rofl:
can you never be constructive? is destruction so deeply rooted in your blood that are not able to see past it ?

I was just countering your ridiculous point that Pakistan is going to nuke the pipe line. All of you only think of Pakistan as a negative force. Pakistan tried to help you by IPI and you back stabbed us by stalling the project for over 10 years while Pakistan needed that gas urgently. Now be happy about your ocean wet pipe dream. US will never allow India to build it and since Indians take their orders from Washington, there is no chance that this pipe line is going to be built in this century. US never gives anything for free. They demand ten times more for what they give. Nuclear deal is going to be the new slavery chains for India.

So, the anger is because of this..?
Why blame us for the incompetence of your lobbyists ..? Ours have done a good job...
This surely symbolizes our diplomacy..
We get top of the line Arms from US,Russia,Israel,France,UK etc etc..
Nuclear deal with USA,France,Russia....

In Future..
Gas Pipeline with Iran+Myanmar..
High Speed Railway from Japan and China

I was just countering your ridiculous point that Pakistan is going to nuke the pipe line. All of you only think of Pakistan as a negative force. Pakistan tried to help you by IPI and you back stabbed us by stalling the project for over 10 years while Pakistan needed that gas urgently. Now be happy about your ocean wet pipe dream. US will never allow India to build it and since Indians take their orders from Washington, there is no chance that this pipe line is going to be built in this century. US never gives anything for free. They demand ten times more for what they give. Nuclear deal is going to be the new slavery chains for India.

one should read the entire thread carefully before commenting or one will get the wrong end of the stick. like you have.
i was responding in a jest full way to karans observations how no one had brought up nuking the pipeline. and lo and behold you did. :).as to the other points you tired to make all i can say is "time will tell" what can be achieved by us Indians.

India is one of the few friends of NATO countries that has good relationship with Iran. No one better to smooth things over between them and Iran...

India is one of the few friends of NATO countries that has good relationship with Iran. No one better to smooth things over between them and Iran...

a time will come when Indian "inclusive diplomacy" is recognized as being a better option then one being employed by the US.

I dont think it will be Iran specific only several other countries may join in.

Surely that makes it more unlikely, as that will just increase irans revenue as well as make more countries energy independent (to some extent), big ask I say, let's see.

Back
Top Bottom