What's new

India's Man Mission to Moon.. IAF to select Men for mission.

ISRO will always cost less than NASA....first reason will be labor cost(including intellectual labors) is lower in India....and second ISRO is smaller(in terms of manpower) than NASA.....It is extremely costly to go to the moon I don't see any reason behind it....The US did not and I repeat did not go to the moon to do scientific research....They were at war with the USSR.....even if you leave out the international image of the US at that time they had actual military threat from the USSR....a military moon base at that time was not impossible....India on the other hand has no such threat.....India can send robots(way more cheaper and practical than sending humans)....infact India can try to return sample from the surface of the moon using robots....that will be a real milestone in-terms of technology....with the age of information-technology more and more countries will want to send satellites....and there are a lot of countries that are richer than India or rich enough to maintain satellites but does not have a big enough economy to maintain an active program to send satellites....India can get into the delivery system business.....money talks...so people will actually appreciate this more than informed decision making and saving lives from disasters!
Fine...
But did you know India is trying to bring samples of helium-3,which could be our future fuel.
And the technology that India has developed at such low costs can be sold at exorbitant price.
@levina .. your reply suggests we should go for cheap unmanned mission.. no?
right now it is unmanned...isnt it???

Last edited:
Fine...
But did you know India is trying to bring samples of helium-3,which could be our future fuel.
And the technology that it has developed at such low costs can be sold at exorbitant price.

right now it is unmanned...isnt it???
It is unmanned now...but hindugirl was talking about the manned moon mission....utterly pointless from an economic or scientific point of view!

thats not what I was replying to.... (which you replied to... to which I replied... )o_O
Happens...its weekend here.
But you do know sending men to moon is just the first step.

It is unmanned now...but hindugirl was talking about the manned moon mission....utterly pointless from an economic or scientific point of view!
Really??
Do you guys think a robot can do everything a man can???
A manned mission is definitely important for exploring the outer space.
I am a supporter of the notion that there is value to human exploration.

thats not even planned !!!
Are women going back to venus .. or will they stayback... :undecided:
TYPO ERROR:angel:

It was supposed to be moon.Read it again,I have edited it now.

And you have a far fetched dream....Women are not going to Venus and by doing so they are doing a favor to humankind.8-)

We all know that energy and fuels on earth are fast depleting. If we can find, in future, maybe 20 years from now, some way of mining on mars and bringing a particular fuel to earth, we could solve the energy crisis we could possibly be facing for centuries together. (Though solar energy is still very under utilized..IMO)
Do you really believe that we have or we can achieve technology in 20 years so that we can mine on mars. even moon landing of NASA is having lot of controversies, NASA has not been able to prove these controversies otherwise. I seriously doubt if any body has ever landed on moon. And if conspiracy theory is correct then man never went beyond 400 KM of earth atmosphere.
Sending a person to such great distance is a real challenge which require high level of xperties.
If man want to reach mars, first it have to tame Moon. landing bases and infrastructure has to be developed on moon, which in my opinion can only be done till 2040-2050.
So, in my opinion gathering knowledge on mars, solar system, and Universe is good step but we can not have manned mars mission in 1st half of 21st century.
Guess what :woot: we can also mine MOON.:yahoo::dance3::dance3:

Really??
Do you guys think a robot can do everything a man can???
A manned mission is definitely important for exploring the outer space.
I am a supporter of the notion that there is value to human exploration.

TYPO ERROR:angel:

It was supposed to be moon.Read it again,I have edited it now.

And you have a far fetched dream....Women are not going to Venus and by doing so they are doing a favor to humankind.8-)
A robot cannot do everything a man can...yet....the most important thing is a robot cannot make decisions....and has to wait until it gets a command which takes a lot of time considering the distance....but there's nothing much for a man to do on the moon....infact most if not all of the stuff Americans did on the moon could be done by robots....the only reason people(regular people who are not generally interested about space) like sending people to space is because there's a chance of death and that makes people excited!

@Anubis it is very evident that man will one day live this planet and will go some where else.
So yes Man mission are very very Important.
Man can do many think that machines can't, and will never ever will able to do.:)

Do you really believe that we have or we can achieve technology in 20 years so that we can mine on mars. even moon landing of NASA is having lot of controversies, NASA has not been able to prove these controversies otherwise. I seriously doubt if any body has ever landed on moon. And if conspiracy theory is correct then man never went beyond 400 KM of earth atmosphere.
Sending a person to such great distance is a real challenge which require high level of xperties.
If man want to reach mars, first it have to tame Moon. landing bases and infrastructure has to be developed on moon, which in my opinion can only be done till 2040-2050.
So, in my opinion gathering knowledge on mars, solar system, and Universe is good step but we can not have manned mars mission in 1st half of 21st century.

1.Nasa does not need to prove human journey's to the moon....simple people like you and me can do it....just get a laser and shoot it at the specific coordinate where they left a mirror there and you'll see the laser returning to you PROVING that either we went there or aliens helped us place a mirror on the moon.
2.The soviet union never made any claims that NASA faked the moon landing.
3.And talking about mining on mars if you mean if India can mine on Mars in 20 years...No....neither can Nasa.

10years from now man will be on mars.

I am optimistic.....:agree:

(Oh god this one time....keeping my fingers crossed...but hell who will be on pdf 10years later to prove me wrong :devil:)

Kurama said:

Tell me about it....:coffee:

2 companies from Japan are planning it already :-)

A robot cannot do everything a man can...yet....the most important thing is a robot cannot make decisions....and has to wait until it gets a command which takes a lot of time considering the distance....but there's nothing much for a man to do on the moon....infact most if not all of the stuff Americans did on the moon could be done by robots....the only reason people(regular people who are not generally interested about space) like sending people to space is because there's a chance of death and that makes people excited!

Cheeeeeee
Very myopic!!!
Are you a science student???8-)

10years from now man will be on mars.

I am optimistic.....:agree:

(Oh god this one time....keeping my fingers crossed...but hell who will be on pdf 10years later to prove me wrong :devil:)

Tell me about it....:coffee:

2 companies from Japan are planning it already :-)

Cheeeeeee
Very myopic!!!
Are you a science student???8-)
Yes.:(

1.Nasa does not need to prove human journey's to the moon....simple people like you and me can do it....just get a laser and shoot it at the specific coordinate where they left a mirror there and you'll see the laser returning to you PROVING that either we went there or aliens helped us place a mirror on the moon.
2.The soviet union never made any claims that NASA faked the moon landing.
3.And talking about mining on mars if you mean if India can mine on Mars in 20 years...No....neither can Nasa.
Placing a mirror and making a moon landing are very different thing.
Making a manned moon mission is not as simple as you think and that too in 1969.
Once go and watch Conspiracy theory video, you will understand.

Back
Top Bottom