What's new

India's hunger 'shame': 3,000 children starve to death daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awareness is one thing but to put pictures of children on here starving is another. I am too long in the tooth to know why ths is really done and feel ashamed of these actions on our forum. It is sad to see children suffer ANYWHERE. Lets hope and prasy this is removed from our society. Its not a problem exclusive to India and guys lets just act a bit more maturely hear and no more having a dig on such a painful subject involving children.

This in punishment of life time sir which their parents give them . why the hell give birth a baby if you can't even feed him ?:angry:

its not GOI fault its fault of those idiots who even don't have 5$ in pocket but they daily sex and give birth these poor kids for kill them in hunger :angry:

syb9nb.jpg

i think this man is drug user or AIDS effected

Does that matter. Hey Mr. Breeze why don't you post pictures of some cancer patients.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

This in punishment of life time sir which their parents give them . why the hell give birth a baby if you can't even feed him ?:angry:

its not GOI fault its fault of those idiots who even don't have 5$ in pocket but they daily sex and give birth these poor kids for kill them in hunger :angry:

I always had the idea of having a law passed by which you should have a certain amount in bank inorder to have a second child.

Where the FK are you getting this data from.

Population of India = 1,189,172,906

Birth rate(yearly)=20.97/1000

India Birth rate - Demographics

Childs born everyday = {[(1,189,172,906/1000) X 20.97]/365} = 68320

Infant mortality rate per 1000 live births = 47.57

India Infant mortality rate - Demographics

Infants dying everyday = [(68320/1000) X 47.57]=3249

Now Infant mortality is caused by various factors,malnutrition,pneumonia,various communicable diseases,accidents and complications.This is a sorry affair and needs to be addressed but attributing all the deaths to malnutrition is utter dishonesty and an attempt to flaimbait.

Is This they teach in Chinese Culture class????????

For 2005

population = 1,080,264,000

Birth rate = 22.32/1000

Children born everyday = 65878

Infant mortality rate =56.29/1000 live births

Children dying everyday= 3708

Now 3708>6000 , in short your maths is Troll maths

2is1.JPG

Good post mate. But you know they will ignore it as usual.

Really feel sad after seeing how low people can go and post smarta$$ comments about children dying to portray their own terrorist infested or brainwashed nation in a better light.

Malnutrition is a major issue in the densely populated states in the northern part of the country. Illiteracy, unawareness of government schemes, corruption and petty politics play a major role in perpetuating this problem there.
I live in Maharashtra and have traveled throughout this state except the naxal hit areas. Due to high awareness among populace about govt schemes, including the poor, this problem has been nearly solved here. And i believe I can say the same regarding the Southern states and Gujarat as well.
In these states, to continue the populist policies and to continue to benefit certain people from these schemes, the govt does not stop the subsidies [otherwise they loose votes - like the free electricity to farmers stuff]. So they try every which way to continue on.

Also people talk about [some mind fart number over 30]% population living on or below just 1.25$ a day right. People forget that the least pay laborers get under MNREGA is Rs.110. convert that to $. And that is during the summer when there are no jobs available in the agricultural sector. These land laborers earn at least Rs.150 a day during the rest of the year. And that is the least paying job you could get anywhere in India.

I do agree that there are very poor people in some parts of the country where the schemes have not succeeded. That is because of poor implementation by the authorities there or the situation at that location unfavorable because of insurgency problems.

I know the very concerned people on this forum would not accept these facts about India. But hey, i prefer making my country a better place for my countrymen rather than trying to explain the trolls the ground realities here.
I don't think any other post is needed from any Indian member from here on. Late the haters continue with their hate. Shows what moral values they and their countrymen have.

Yes we need to take care of the children but it takes time in a country like India with the kind of population and infra but those are no excuses.

HDI was moving the goalposts. China's HDI in 2009 was ranked very high until they changed the methodology to better reward processes rather than final results.

List of Chinese administrative divisions by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HDI has a static criterion.It is measured by 3 variables

1.Long and healthy life
2.Education
3.Decent standard of living

Long and healthy life is measured in term of life expectancy at birth.This carries 1/3 weightage

Formulae=
LE = (Life expectancy of the country - 25)/(85 -25 )

Education is calculated in terms of
1.Adult literacy
2.Education enrolment ratio

EP = 2/3 X ALR + 1/3EER

Decent standard of living is calculated in term of per capita income (PPP)

I=[Log(GDP)-Log(100)]/[log(40000) - Log(100)]

Final HDI calculation

HDI =(LE + EP + I)/3

This method is same for each country and your CCP has no role in it's determination.Change in formulae will not alter rank.

http://home.moravian.edu/users/math/mekbs01/HDI/pdfs/MTActivitySheet1.pdf

TROLL in front of someone more ignorant.

Indian starvation isn't a recent phenomenon, but has it's roots dating back centuries to British ownership of India.

2ufrj7m.jpg

How come after such a long period, Indians are still starving like they were when the British ruled India?

Starvation in India after the British came and before the British came:

dnm03k.jpg

HDI has a static criterion.It is measured by 3 variables

1.Long and healthy life
2.Education
3.Decent standard of living

Long and healthy life is measured in term of life expectancy at birth.This carries 1/3 weightage

Formulae=
LE = (Life expectancy of the country - 25)/(85 -25 )

Education is calculated in terms of
1.Adult literacy
2.Education enrolment ratio

EP = 2/3 X ALR + 1/3EER

Decent standard of living is calculated in term of per capita income (PPP)

I=[Log(GDP)-Log(100)]/[log(40000) - Log(100)]

Final HDI calculation

HDI =(LE + EP + I)/3

This method is same for each country and your CCP has no role in it's determination.Change in formulae will not alter rank.

http://home.moravian.edu/users/math/mekbs01/HDI/pdfs/MTActivitySheet1.pdf

TROLL in front of someone more ignorant.

Yes it does actually. The most recent criteria changed adult literacy rate to mean years of schooling and reweighted life expectancy.

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This change is very bad for China because we only have 9 years of required schooling, but in these 9 years we have higher literacy than countries that have 12 years. 20% of Americans are functionally illiterate but they are ranked now due to the reweight of education scores.

You did not understand his argument.

Yes it does actually. The most recent criteria changed adult literacy rate to mean years of schooling and reweighted life expectancy.

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This change is very bad for China because we only have 9 years of required schooling, but in these 9 years we have higher literacy than countries that have 12 years. 20% of Americans are functionally illiterate but they are ranked now due to the reweight of education scores.

You did not understand his argument.

The change applies to everyone.It would have no effect on relative rankings but reduction of HDI overboard unless you have a paraphernalia for numbers.

That was the point i was making to him.

Sadly, it's a double edge sword, the provider and the beneficiary both seems to be losing out in this vicious circle. The tragedy of Indian farmers is never far from the news.
Alleging that incidents of farmers committing suicide in West Bengal are on the rise, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Thursday demanded that “proper compensation” be given to their families.

“Altogether 32 farmers committed suicide in the State. The situation is grave, peasants can’t sell paddy. They are not getting work. The incidents of farmers committing suicide in the State are on the rise,” party’s (M) central committee member Shymal Chakrabarty said.

Briefing the media on the second day of the 23rd State conference of the party, he demanded that families of farmers who committed suicide be given “proper compensation”.

When pointed that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had denied reports of a rise in farmers’ suicide in the state, he said, “We challenge the government. She is not telling the truth.”

Ms. Banerjee had earlier denied the reports and accused the CPI (M) of spreading canards against her government.

The CPI(M) leader also said that arrangements should be made to purchase paddy directly from farmers in cash, as was done during the previous Left Front rule, and crop insurance be introduced, among other measures to help them.

Alleging that the CPI(M) leaders and workers had become victims of terror across the State, he said, “sixty three CPI(M) members have been killed and there have been various instances of party leaders and workers being implicated in false cases. This is being done to suppress our party.”

To a question, the CPI(M) leader reiterated that the policy of industrialisation of the State adopted by the previous Left Front government was correct, but admitted that in some cases, like Singur, land acquisition was made in haste without proper discussion with farmers.

The Hindu : States / Other States : Farmer suicides on the rise in West Bengal: CPI(M)

India's population is going to increase it's going to be higher then china's and it will raise many problems, does india have any solution on the fast rising population ?
If India want to avoid starvation, they should bring in one child policy like china did. Although the policy is not morally and humanitarian appreciated, but it is the only way to control overflow population in India. China is three time bigger than India in territory, but the population is get close, It is a very dangerous signal.

Thanks for your concern.FYI we are buying that combat planes to combat you.Instead of shedding crocodile tears, if you are truly concerned why don't you pressure your Govt to sign a non-aggression pact with India and we would be happy to spend the money somewhere else..but you can't.You can only mouth Govt propaganda ,but powerless to change its policies.
Are you try to take china as scapegoat for Indian kids starvation? If you are a man having balls you should ask your government to improve instead of finding excuse. China is facing military threat from USA every minutes and seconds, nearly no starvation happens like those in India. I reiterate here again that china is not gonna invade India, its your government decision to spend billions of dollars to run arm race in the region.

Are you try to take china as scapegoat for Indian kids starvation?

We bought the new fighters with China in mind...so yes, you are indirectly one of the reasons for starvation.

I was commenting on your hypocracy..crying crocodile tears for Indian Children's plight and then increasing the size of your military machine in our borders causing us increase our military strength in return which costs us billions of dollars that could otherwise be used for other developmental projects.

no more posts by Indians plz....

the baseless drivel has been refuted with facts in earlier posts...the rest doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom