What's new

India's cultural aggression (Hindi & Bengali serial) - RTV report (Bengali)

Read the quote again......I wrote BOYS and GIRLS are moving towards jeans.You wasted a couple of seconds of your life replying to a post without even reading it!

The point is you gave the example of sarees and punjabis - not of dhotis and kurtas...why?

I put blame on denial and lack of introspection. I agee with your argument about what hurt your culture.

But topic here is not Indian culture but effect of Indian media on Pakistan and Bangladesh. The video starts with a Hindu family. The question is why people are feeling insecure because Hindu content is being shown in these channels. I mean its target for Indian audience and 81% of Indian population of 1.2 billion are Hindus. Its a huge market.

If someone has to be blamed are the cable operators and piracy people who show and sell these dramas and movies in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Culture is dependent on choice and what is acceptable to the people.

Again, topic is different. I would be happy to participate in a thread on changing Indian movie industry.

Hindu culture is losing its own status in India hence such stuff i dont think so make much affect though keeping in mind kids also watching the stuff its indeed silly to influence their young minds with stupid belief that once a person dies he can come back to live in the very next episod with a changed face :lol: Indians and your silly star plus dramas.

trust me krait your star plus has nothing worth but only the colors of saris well yeh and tons of make and tons of fake gold jewellry even on a dead women creamation ceremony

The point is you gave the example of sarees and punjabis - not of dhotis and kurtas...why?

Because I relate to sarees and punjabis....if you relate to dhotis and kurtas it's fine.........my point is traditional dress!

Hindu culture is losing its own status in India hence such stuff i dont think so make much affect though keeping in mind kids also watching the stuff its indeed silly to influence their young minds with stupid belief that once a person dies he can come back to live in the very next episod with a changed face :lol: Indians and your silly star plus dramas.

trust me krait your star plus has nothing worth but only the colors of saris well yeh and tons of make and tons of fake gold jewellry even on a dead women creamation ceremony
in india there is no thing is called hindu culture rather than tamil culture ,punjabi culture ,gujrati culture ,bangali culture etc. and by the way they are not dying .

Culture is supposed to change from time to time.What's the big deal about it.

in india there is no thing is called hindu culture rather than tamil culture ,punjabi culture ,gujrati culture ,bangali culture etc. and by the way they are not dying .

can women wear mangalsutar in foot? can they do away with tilak/sindoor/bindi altogether refuse to wear it?

nothing wrong with regional culture and restructuring

no we speak our own mother tongue in home like my mother tongue is chhattisgarhi and i also understand hindi and hinglish .

in my country we also speak mother tongue at home but then with passage of time parents are opting for national language and english in order to groom kids for coming academic period of their life since educational institutes use these two mediums.

in the process kids learn all three

Culture is fluid in nature.... the society absorbs favorable/desirable attribute from other contemporary cultures around... In this age of globalization, the transitions are quicker compared to the olden days. rigidity in cultural norms will eventually dissolve.

can women wear mangalsutar in foot? can they do away with tilak/sindoor/bindi altogether refuse to wear it?

nothing wrong with regional culture and restructuring

Logic dictates the difference between a necklace and footwear... there do exist ornaments for the foot. As far as sindor and other stuff is concerned, lot of women opt not to wear them for thier personal reason. Again there aren't any set rules for indian culture... no Handbooks etc.

Again you are basing your conclusions on few shows. Of course I don't like these shows but that doesn't mean there is lack of Indian culture in our shows. Grandiose sets, costly sarees and heavy jewellery has been part of any show making. It dates back to old times when pictures were black and white and to present wealth, sparkling jewellery and diamonds etc were used.

There are bad shows and good shows too. My mother watch one show where they show all Indian traditions and the older woman talks in pure Hindi. At the same time we have pathetic shows like Roadies which attract today's youth and actually explains how idiot many of these young people are.

Logic dictates the difference between a necklace and footwear... there do exist ornaments for the foot. As far as sindor and other stuff is concerned, lot of women opt not to wear them for thier personal reason. Again there aren't any set rules for indian culture... no Handbooks etc.

manglalsutra is not an ornament.

anyway my point you should not shy away from defending religious culture.

i dont see anything wrong in it as long as it doesnt harm others.

Back
Top Bottom