What's new

India's cultural aggression (Hindi & Bengali serial) - RTV report (Bengali)

Oh we as Pakistanis have no clue what our culture is. We erased everything that was related to pre-partition punjab. I was talking of Indian culture.
The horrible cultural mutation of Pakistani culture is a result of suppression and denial.
I put blame on denial and lack of introspection. I agee with your argument about what hurt your culture.

But topic here is not Indian culture but effect of Indian media on Pakistan and Bangladesh. The video starts with a Hindu family. The question is why people are feeling insecure because Hindu content is being shown in these channels. I mean its target for Indian audience and 81% of Indian population of 1.2 billion are Hindus. Its a huge market.

If someone has to be blamed are the cable operators and piracy people who show and sell these dramas and movies in Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Culture is dependent on choice and what is acceptable to the people.

Oh I admit that we have no culture left.
But it does not change the fact that Indian movies have changed dramatically and are emulating the west.
You cannot impose a foreign culture and expect everything to be good.
Again, topic is different. I would be happy to participate in a thread on changing Indian movie industry.

Again, topic is different. I would be happy to participate in a thread on changing Indian movie industry.

and why should Indian movie industry be changed ? Who are you to change it ? Have faith in collective wisdom.. although it may seem an outrage and total chaos initially but in long run it will take care by it's own !!

Indian culture is evolving. Internet hollywood West all of them are influencing today's indian culture. Nothin wrong with it. Would rather prefer a young Indian wearing a western clothes instead of suicide jacket. :D

I keep the windows of my home open, so that winds of all cultures blow through my home. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any.

Have faith in your own culture. And culture is never stationary. It is ever evolving. We have a culture and unfortunately it still exists where women are thought of as second-class citizens. Similarly we discriminate based on sexual orientation. The western civilization has led the way in emancipating minorities and women.

I like how the guy posts here saying women are wearing jeans instead of sarees and punjabis. How sexist is that. South Asian men have donned western attire for over a century and you have no issue with that. But if women don western attire - all of a sudden it is an assault on your culture.

and why should Indian movie industry be changed ? Who are you to change it ? Have faith in collective wisdom.. although it may seem an outrage and total chaos initially but in long run it will take care by it's own !!
Hain :blink: Where did I say change Indian movie industry ? I said we can talk about Changing Indian Movie industry, that means discussion on changes that are occurring in Indian movie industry. You took it in other sense.

But I do want to change few thing in Indian movie industry. But that will be again another topic.

Indian culture is evolving. Internet hollywood West all of them are influencing today's indian culture. Nothin wrong with it. Would rather prefer a young Indian wearing a western clothes instead of suicide jacket. :D
Agreed but I don't like ythe way characters played by Emran Hashmi forcing himself on a girl, kissing her and she falls in love with him. It glorifies eve teasing and molestation in certain sense. Nor do I like Hollywood's affinity to show gun slingers and criminals as larger than life figure.

But at the same time I like Hollywood's influence about its different take towards various topics. The filem OMG, Oh My God, which challenges what is right in religion and what should Humanity means, what religion actually preaches.

@RiasatKhan are u 15 year old ? LOL ^^

Hain :blink: Where did I say change Indian movie industry ? I said we can talk about Changing Indian Movie industry, that means discussion on changes that are occurring in Indian movie industry. You took it in other sense.

But I do want to change few thing in Indian movie industry. But that will be again another topic..

I may have misunderstood.. anyways 1st thing i would like to change is the cheap PJs which salman movies are flush with..
:P

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed but I don't like ythe way characters played by Emran Hashmi forcing himself on a girl, kissing her and she falls in love with him. It glorifies eve teasing and molestation in certain sense. Nor do I like Hollywood's affinity to show gun slingers and criminals as larger than life figure.

But at the same time I like Hollywood's influence about its different take towards various topics. The filem OMG, Oh My God, which challenges what is right in religion and what should Humanity means, what religion actually preaches.
That depends on our society as a whole, our so celebrated joint big families (although not as big as they used to be) to keep those negative things on the bay. There is no middle way on this issue. Either you try to isolate urself and turn to extremisim of all sorts (as we can see in our neighborhood) or believe in our social structure and look forward to a better future

That depends on our society as a whole, our so celebrated joint big families (although not as big as they used to be) to keep those negative things on the bay. There is no middle way on this issue. Either you try to isolate urself and turn to extremisim of all sorts (as we can see in our neighborhood) or believe in our social structure and look forward to a better future
Agreed. But this balancing act is quite difficult.

I keep the windows of my home open, so that winds of all cultures blow through my home. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any.

Have faith in your own culture. And culture is never stationary. It is ever evolving. We have a culture and unfortunately it still exists where women are thought of as second-class citizens. Similarly we discriminate based on sexual orientation. The western civilization has led the way in emancipating minorities and women.

I like how the guy posts here saying women are wearing jeans instead of sarees and punjabis. How sexist is that. South Asian men have donned western attire for over a century and you have no issue with that. But if women don western attire - all of a sudden it is an assault on your culture.

Read the quote again......I wrote BOYS and GIRLS are moving towards jeans.You wasted a couple of seconds of your life replying to a post without even reading it!

in 71 the Bangla culture was made basis for rebelion much before the actual terrorism by India.

Language was one of the most driving force and today Indians are telling Bangladeshis to accept Hindi/Urdu in place of Bengoli.

My avatar should be a message to all those who dare misquote me or make fun of me:angry::butcher:

in 71 the Bangla culture was made basis for rebelion much before the actual terrorism by India.

Language was one of the most driving force and today Indians are telling Bangladeshis to accept Hindi/Urdu in place of Bengoli.

urdu is dying in india .

Back
Top Bottom