What's new

Indian Special Forces

500 SPG guards to guard Narendra Modi - The Economic Times

500 SPG personnels will guard Narendra Modi as he faces the highest security threat.

Although Modi already had a tight security cover, it was of SPG level only in name since the SPG cover comes with added layers of security like a dedicated aircraft at home and abroad, armoured bullet-proof BMWs and support of various SPG wings.
Interesting.

both are same kind of helmets??.....
4pgdy65-jpg.30887

CIBAL.jpg

NEW DELHI — India is likely to establish a unified Special Forces Command as the Defence Ministry is considering a two-year-old recommendation by a select committee to strengthen its “clandestine” fighting ability, a ministry source said.

Can refer to the link if you want to read more: Support Rises for Unified Indian Spec Ops Command | Defense News | defensenews.com
Whilst I am 100% for the Indian SOCOM and welcome all news related to it, Defence News has a rather strange and annoying habit of dragging up/covering years old stories. This report by them doesn't seem to signal anything new, hopefully the next Govt/Def Min will see this proposal moving foreword more along with the other 2 proposed Tri-Services commands of Cyber warfare and Aerospace.

Paratroopers raking a Pekiti-Tirsia Kali lesson

BTW:
Is Pekiti Tirsia Kali the main hand to hand fighting technique for Indian SF? I know that a couple of organizations use Krav Maga.
11186580496_7aac133e22_b.jpg

11186518195_05e1855563_b.jpg

Stock in rooms clearing/CQC should be at it's minimal position. Elongated/stretched only hinder horizontal movement.

PTK is the main hand to hand combat system of the PARA SF and NSG.

GARUDS do Krav Maga and I dont know about MARCOS.

no bro... only macos do Krav Maga. army SF, nsg and garuds follow PTK... nsg and garuds follows army style of Hand to hand combat. garud's training is done at army SF training school. in fact marcos was the 1st force who bring Krav Maga to indian Security forces... now SPG, goa police and marcos do train Krav Maga. goa police only get trained in civilian version of Krav Maga.

Stock in rooms clearing/CQC should be at it's minimal position. Elongated/stretched only hinder horizontal movement.

it is shooter preference...

Last edited:
no bro... only macos do Krav Maga. army SF, nsg and garuds follow PTK... nsg and garuds follows army style of Hand to hand combat. garud's training is done at army SF training school. in fact marcos was the 1st force who bring Krav Maga to indian Security forces... now SPG, goa police and marcos do train Krav Maga. goa police only get trained in civilian version of Krav Maga.

it is shooter preference...

Maybe, but he aint tall or got long arms. I say after been through a CQC simulation once, i just did because i could and well i gotta try errthing that involves a gun.

Back
Top Bottom