What's new

Indian Special Forces

AFAIK the IAF added several highly sensitive equipment, because we did not want to sign Communications Interoperability and Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA) with the USA.

Para SF
555512_10151388431226395_1924078961_n.jpg

@Koovie : I made complete modifications and the final product is ........:cool:

Those are the finest-equipped soldiers I've seen in our whole army. As always the MARCOS appear a notch above the rest.

@kurup My favorite NSG pics

nsg__2__by_parijatgaur-d4njhhb.jpg

8413148279_3227ac3442_z.jpg

WvEQuf1.jpg

iX1ysRi.jpg

From the above:-

1) Nomex gloves.

2) Bpjs with molle webbing.

3) Picatinny rail adapters on smgs.

:cheers:

They are very well equipped, but they have to start replacing the MP5Ks. 9mm is simply not penetrative enough any more, and if we keep facing terrorists that are equipped with BPJs, MP5Ks will not be much use.

Also, I've questions about their equipment:

1. Is their radio hands-free?
2. Do they have NVGs in those visors?
3. What is the difference between the vests they're using compared to the IA?

Last edited by a moderator:
EzioAltaïr;4126054 said:
They are very well equipped, but they have to start replacing the MP5Ks. 9mm is simply not penetrative enough any more, and if we keep facing terrorists that are equipped with BPJs, MP5Ks will not be much use.

Also, I've questions about their equipment:

1. Is their radio hands-free?
2. Do they have NVGs in those visors?
3. What is the difference between the vests they're using compared to the IA?

I agree the NSG should replace the 9mm MP5s as their primary weapon. Yes their main role is HR/CQB and here the MP5 is an excellent weapon. The fact is the "stopping power" of the 9mm is pretty poor. I think the NSG should start making the transition to the MP-5s direct descendant,the MP-7 (4.6mm), or set about going for a completely fresh tender for a SMG. Given the NSG's entire size is <10,000 (with the SAG comprising only ~2,000) the order should be cleared in no time. I think the X-95 could also be a good option and this weapon can fire the 5.56mm or 9mm depending on the NSG's needs and given the fact the CRPF has placed orders for 20,000+ not to mention all the police forces and CAPFs in India there will be no issue with logistical support. In fact the X-95 has a high likilihood of being the IA's next CQB weapon of choice so this is another 100,000+ order for sure.
@EzioAltaïr mate, when are Indian forces, specifically the NSG, "facing terrorists that are equipped with BPJs"?

I don't think the NSG has ever faced such a scenario, but it does make sense to have contingencies for worst-case scenarios.
@EzioAltaïr I don't know if you are aware or not but the NSG has 1-2 operators with SIG-552 (5.56mm calibre rifles) in every stick (10-12 operators, an assault team) and 1 breacher with an automatic shotgun. 1-2 men will also have Tazers now. So it's not like if the NSG faced a BPJ wearing bad-guy that they'd be ineffective. Not to mention that the NSG operators are unbelievably well trained and are all incredible marksmen with their assigned weapons, given the chance the NSG men will drill 2 holes in the head of a bad guy before they even blink.

I agree the NSG should replace the 9mm MP5s as their primary weapon. Yes their main role is HR/CQB and here the MP5 is an excellent weapon. The fact is the "stopping power" of the 9mm is pretty poor. I think the NSG should start making the transition to the MP-5s direct descendant,the MP-7 (4.6mm), or set about going for a completely fresh tender for a SMG. Given the NSG's entire size is <10,000 (with the SAG comprising only ~2,000) the order should be cleared in no time. I think the X-95 could also be a good option and this weapon can fire the 5.56mm or 9mm depending on the NSG's needs and given the fact the CRPF has placed orders for 20,000+ not to mention all the police forces and CAPFs in India there will be no issue with logistical support. In fact the X-95 has a high likilihood of being the IA's next CQB weapon of choice so this is another 100,000+ order for sure.
@EzioAltaïr mate, when are Indian forces, specifically the NSG, "facing terrorists that are equipped with BPJs"?

I don't think the NSG has ever faced such a scenario, but it does make sense to have contingencies for worst-case scenarios.
@EzioAltaïr I don't know if you are aware or not but the NSG has 1-2 operators with SIG-552 (5.56mm calibre rifles) in every stick (10-12 operators, an assault team) and 1 breacher with an automatic shotgun. 1-2 men will also have Tazers now. So it's not like if the NSG faced a BPJ wearing bad-guy that they'd be ineffective. Not to mention that the NSG operators are unbelievably well trained and are all incredible marksmen with their assigned weapons, given the chance the NSG men will drill 2 holes in the head of a bad guy before they even blink.

Funny. For some reason, I always thought the terrorists at 26/11 had BPJs on. Just realized that they didn't. Well, I retract that statement.

Also, I know they have the SIG commando weapons, but that is an assault rifle, and not always ideal in very close CQB. MP5 is a good weapon in everything except stopping power, which it's successor covers up. BTW, what do you think of the Uzi and the MSMC? How do you think they measure up against the MP-7?

EzioAltaïr;4126300 said:
Funny. For some reason, I always thought the terrorists at 26/11 had BPJs on. Just realized that they didn't. Well, I retract that statement.

Also, I know they have the SIG commando weapons, but that is an assault rifle, and not always ideal in very close CQB. MP5 is a good weapon in everything except stopping power, which it's successor covers up. BTW, what do you think of the Uzi and the MSMC? How do you think they measure up against the MP-7?

The UZI wont be able to penetrate body armor as well.

The MP 7 as you said can defeat penetrate body armor much easier.

The MSMC is still in trials and has not been in operational use yet. Like Abingdonboy said, the NSG should go for the X95 which is already in large use in Indian military and central police units.
3YPIU.jpg

I think many men in the NSG would be interested to get the Tavor series for the NSG since many come from the Parachute regiment, CRPF or BSF which use the Tavor family extensively.

Back
Top Bottom