What's new

Indian Special Forces

During the hijacking of Indian Airline aircraft the NSG commandos were present on the plane sent for negotiation.

Moreover unlike you said I am gonna stick out my neck and say that if I become a hostage and I get to know that NSG is coming to rescue me I will be 100 times more happy than I will be had Marcos or Para Sf been sent reason being that is the speciality of NSG and not Marcos or Para SF.Their role is different even though they train regularly for these kinda situation...Harbhajan Singh will always be a better spin bowler than Yuvraj Singh no matter how many wickets Yuvraj takes.

The thing you said about wrong choice of words is not exactly wron1g as someone was pointing out being under MHA makes them less eligible to be under the Defence ministry too.

Cheers!:cheers:

1. I am not aware of the details of hijack incident .

2. Interesting fact about cricket, in one Ind vs Aus in the presence of Kumble and Warn, Sachin was the highest wicket taker was awarded man of the match.

3. I might have missed that post or over looked ok

Let's see what happen

223553_591092174239055_521981126_n.jpg

NSG women recruits ?

Whats the gun the girl is holding up? It looks like Roni pistol carbine sourced from Kalyani Group.

I was at this remote airfield somewhere in Central India where a GOC of a Corp of the Indian Army had to come.The threat factor was minimal as it was a rural area with no Maoist or terrorist threat...you know the easy going village life.
All I was excited was to see the Dhruvs and the equipments it had.But to my surprise Para SF cordon the entire airfield with Snipers and Commandos who looked soo serious.

To be really honest when I first saw them I was wowed.LOL...could not even manage to go to them and ask a few questions...they were not very friendly as they must be trained not to be as the enemy could play with this.

This was a few months ago and yeah the Dhruvs didn't come but two Chetaks came with two stickers.One inside the cockpit saying that the per hour operating cost is 1 lac and the other outside saying that it costs 7.5 crore.The pilot said the endurance was 2:45 mins.The pilots were very down to earth.

I was at this remote airfield somewhere in Central India where a GOC of a Corp of the Indian Army had to come.The threat factor was minimal as it was a rural area with no Maoist or terrorist threat...you know the easy going village life.
All I was excited was to see the Dhruvs and the equipments it had.But to my surprise Para SF cordon the entire airfield with Snipers and Commandos who looked soo serious.

To be really honest when I first saw them I was wowed.LOL...could not even manage to go to them and ask a few questions...they were not very friendly as they must be trained not to be as the enemy could play with this.

This was a few months ago and yeah the Dhruvs didn't come but two Chetaks came with two stickers.One inside the cockpit saying that the per hour operating cost is 1 lac and the other outside saying that it costs 7.5 crore.The pilot said the endurance was 2:45 mins.The pilots were very down to earth.
Weird- why does a GOC of a corps need a SF protection team in such a location?

Fair enough but isn't this still a little excessive? During peacetime what does a Corps commander need SF protection for?

Thats what i thought considering the security threat in the location.Anyways being cautious does no harm.I have been to a few bases and my best friends bro is a Sukhoi pilot so what i have gathered is that be it a Army base,Af base or Naval bases security is very high.

I was shocked to know that an Army Major was stopped from entering a AF base untill the Major had to bring permission from his senior to visit the fighter base.

Thats what i thought considering the security threat in the location.Anyways being cautious does no harm.I have been to a few bases and my best friends bro is a Sukhoi pilot so what i have gathered is that be it a Army base,Af base or Naval bases security is very high.

I was shocked to know that an Army Major was stopped from entering a AF base untill the Major had to bring permission from his senior to visit the fighter base.

Like you say- better safe than sorry! At least India is not going to fall foul of the same fate as its neighbour. And yes from my own personal knowledge I know Indian military installations are increasingly well protected.

Like you say- better safe than sorry! At least India is not going to fall foul of the same fate as its neighbour. And yes from my own personal knowledge I know Indian military installations are increasingly well protected.

Yup thats right...already the security was high and specially after what happened to Pakistan's AF base the IAF has been even more cautious with its security.

55003147632805909641820.jpg

what is the patch below the Garud bird insignia, partially sewn on the pen pocket ????

Fair enough but isn't this still a little excessive? During peacetime what does a Corps commander need SF protection for?

May be part of their SOP

I don't think he is a Garud...the reason being he is not wearing the "Special Forces" tab which Garuds wear nowadays and is similar to Para SF tab.Instead the guy is wearing regular Indian Airfirce tab.

But he has the Garud patch on his sleeve

Back
Top Bottom