What's new

Indian Special Forces

On c130 or c17 i agree with your point but i am pretty sure i heard 17 and chinook. But i dont think they will get both at the same time

( posting from mobile and it su@k)

@Sergi where did you hear this from?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sergi where did you hear this from?

From a NOT so RELIBLE source .... a retired babu ...... That's why said may be a rumour. Generally retired people are good source of information if you loved to listen and if they trust you. Two hard things.

@Abingdonboy

Mate,NSG can be used for offense roles too and there were a few operations in mid 90s in the Kashmir valley where they were called in and I think they would be a good addition to the SOCOM with their upgrades,experience and skill moreover their role will be to look for Special Operation inside the internal territory while the other units can concentrate on external threats.

But doing that will bring HOME ministry's say in "Special forces". That won't be good and services won't agree to have two masters.

Better thing to do will be keep NSG as is. We already have invested a lot in NSG. Now they have created regional hubs. Increased intakes and total number of commandos. So it won't be a good idea to give up all this just to bring every commando under one banner.

The original concept was to create a "Special forces School" to train them together to increase coordination and get to know each other in terms of OP tactics and methods.
Lets see what happens next.

But doing that will bring HOME ministry's say in "Special forces". That won't be good and services won't agree to have two masters.

Better thing to do will be keep NSG as is. We already have invested a lot in NSG. Now they have created regional hubs. Increased intakes and total number of commandos. So it won't be a good idea to give up all this just to bring every commando under one banner.

The original concept was to create a "Special forces School" to train them together to increase coordination and get to know each other in terms of OP tactics and methods.
Lets see what happens next.

Orignal concept IMHO is to have a command and not to have a common place to train together.Moreover NSG is already under MHA even after repeated protest by the Army and I think SOCOm won't come under MHA but MoD even if NSG join.

Orignal concept IMHO is to have a command and not to have a common place to train together.Moreover NSG is already under MHA even after repeated protest by the Army and I think SOCOm won't come under MHA but MoD even if NSG join.

AFAIK joint command/ unified concept came later.

Agree with rest of the post but adding NSG will give home ministry a not required participation in Services. Don't you agree that ???

I still think NSG won't be there :D
Lets wait and see :tup:

Agree.

But I my opinion it would make sense to add the SAG to the SOC. Because without them, the SOC is only allowed to undertake OPs against foreign threats or can only act inside the country with special permission. Is that true???

Agree.

But I my opinion it would make sense to add the SAG to the SOC. Because without them, the SOC is only allowed to undertake OPs against foreign threats or can only act inside the country with special permission. Is that true???

Yup that's true...these IM terrorists and other groups operating inside the country need to be taken out too so Marcos or Para SF can't go for them moreover what if we have a hijacking situation like Kanadahar or maoists hijack a train..Then I am 100% sure that neither will the Marcos be called and nor with the Para SF be called...It will be a 100% NSG mission so they need to be on board for a joint command.

It would suck for the SOCOM team to not be part of this mission as the posters suggest that NSG doesn't qualify.

It would be only sensible to have all Special units under one roof and NSG has carried out several special missions in the past be it against militants in Punjab in the late 80s or Kashmir valley in the mid 90s and all of these were offensive missions.

Agree.

Buddy I am nobody. Just a messenger :D

And that's the idea to keep things separate. Nobody is saying NSG commandos are less important or capable. It's the job mandate. I don't see any other commandos doing OPs inside India other than NSG. And we see that in Mumbai attack. MARCOS just cordon the perimeter and prepare layout strategy but didn't go in. I don't think anyone here will like to say MARCOS weren't capable enought for that OP. but it was outta their mandate unless GOI want to change that.

GOI while dealing with internal problems is very specific to use of armed forces. Using Milletry power for internal issues is considered bad internationally and restricted to the extreme conditions and disaster relief OPs.

Here's link about US SOC/SOCOM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Special_Operations_Command

Most probably our forces are seeing things the same way.

Yup that's true...these IM terrorists and other groups operating inside the country need to be taken out too so Marcos or Para SF can't go for them
that's correct they can't. GOI's policy NOT to use Milletry power against internal problems unless and until there is no ore option.

moreover what if we have a hijacking situation like Kanadahar
outside the Union of India. Not NSG's job. Most probably PARAs

or maoists hijack a train..Then I am 100% sure that neither will the Marcos be called and nor with the Para SF be called...It will be a 100% NSG mission so they need to be on board for a joint command.
definately NSG's job. GOI's policy NOT to use Milletry power against internal problems unless and until there is no ore option.
It would suck for the SOCOM team to not be part of this mission as the posters suggest that NSG doesn't qualify.
wrong choice of words :D
It would be only sensible to have all Special units under one roof and NSG has carried out several special missions in the past be it against militants in Punjab in the late 80s or Kashmir valley in the mid 90s and all of these were offensive missions.
As I said earlier , there is a difference in opinion what MOD want and what forces want. Lets see what happen. We can only predict. Noing more

223553_591092174239055_521981126_n.jpg

NSG women recruits ?

that's correct they can't. GOI's policy NOT to use Milletry power against internal problems unless and until there is no ore option.

outside the Union of India. Not NSG's job. Most probably PARAs

definately NSG's job. GOI's policy NOT to use Milletry power against internal problems unless and until there is no ore option.
wrong choice of words :D

As I said earlier , there is a difference in opinion what MOD want and what forces want. Lets see what happen. We can only predict. Noing more

During the hijacking of Indian Airline aircraft the NSG commandos were present on the plane sent for negotiation.

Moreover unlike you said I am gonna stick out my neck and say that if I become a hostage and I get to know that NSG is coming to rescue me I will be 100 times more happy than I will be had Marcos or Para Sf been sent reason being that is the speciality of NSG and not Marcos or Para SF.Their role is different even though they train regularly for these kinda situation...Harbhajan Singh will always be a better spin bowler than Yuvraj Singh no matter how many wickets Yuvraj takes.

The thing you said about wrong choice of words is not exactly wrong as someone was pointing out being under MHA makes them less eligible to be under the Defence ministry too.

Cheers!:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom