What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

No it is not producing results fast enough. It is just as lousy as DRDO. The cryo engine is 20 years late. We are still decades behind. A private company like SpaceX built a rocket from scratch without boosters and sent a higher payload to GEO (Not GTO) in just 5 years. I am grateful to the scientists, but when we have hoax stats like 40% of Nasa scientists ar Indians, its s shame that we will need at least 2 more decades before we build a rocket that has the same capabilitites as the Atlas rocket that the US built almost 6 decades back.

These comparisons can be meaningless. America has a bunch of very experienced Scientists and a history of space exploration. So "starting from scratch" means very different there.

India is the first Asian country to Mars, that is some achievement.

May be ISRO can do better but it is still better than most government institutions.

These comparisons can be meaningless. America has a bunch of very experienced Scientists and a history of space exploration. So "starting from scratch" means very different there.

May be ISRO can do better but it is still better than most government institutions.

India has not yet reached Mars. The injection into Mars orbit is the most difficult part of the mission.

We started from scratch before China. Whats the excuse there?

Dont be so sure, its plagued by politics, spies and sabotage. Unkil has a hand in all three. ISRO needs to be rebuilt from scratch and be cleansed of its mallu dominance. Our best engineers come from Bihar and UP. They all go to IIT and then the US. Very small footprint of north Indian scientists in ISRO.

Please spare this thread.Go take regionalism somewhere else.

You're wrong.

Why should I make any excuse?

Pakistan started before India, what have they done?

It is a matter of priorities and funding. May the Chinese had better of both.

Please spare this thread.Go take regionalism somewhere else.

You're wrong.
No regionalism bro. Im just giving you an insider view of ISRO. Please tell me by what stretch of imagination is it ok to have nearly 30% of ISRO scientists as makkus and a further 20% as tamils? south india contributes to more than 80% of ISRO scientists. Now compare that to intake at IIT's. Nearly 70% of intake comes from Bihar, UP, WB and Andhra of late. If thats not odd, I dont know what is.

:o::o::o::o:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O????????????
welcome to the real world.:-)

its an american ripoff sorry. fuurther, the KVD 1 was older and was first tested on the gslv. you are welcome.

Last edited:
Dont be so sure, its plagued by politics, spies and sabotage. Unkil has a hand in all three. ISRO needs to be rebuilt from scratch and be cleansed of its mallu dominance. Our best engineers come from Bihar and UP. They all go to IIT and then the US. Very small footprint of north Indian scientists in ISRO.

What BS

No regionalism bro. Im just giving you an insider view of ISRO. Please tell me by what stretch of imagination is it ok to have nearly 30% of ISRO scientists as makkus and a further 20% as tamils? south india contributes to more than 80% of ISRO scientists. Now compare that to intake at IIT's. Nearly 70% of intake comes from Bihar, UP, WB and Andhra of late. If thats not odd, I dont know what is.

Where is the data?

welcome to the real world.:-)

You are wrong.

Where is the data?

You are wrong.

ISRO has open houses every 6 months in all itsmajor locations. If you were really interested you would go. IIT entry data state wise is also made available every year. if you were interested you would check.

and no, i am not wrong. the first russian cryo engine to ever fly was the kvd 1 on the gslv. dont hate me for being the messenger.

He is completely wrong actually.......
Most no. of students get selected from Andhra Pradesh.
I mentioned Andhra.

Back
Top Bottom