What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Even though it's 11.04 million km away from Earth, MOM has traveled over 120 million km so far. Since earth also moving at great speed around the sun the distance is 11.04 million km.

& in 2018 :

View attachment 13477

So German !

I have very good relation with german people ! :coffee:
As u said,Iran may carry out the first manned space mission in 2018?
It's really hard to believe,Do u have the qualified rocket such as LM-2F or GSLV MKIII to sent Iranian astronaut to space rather than sub-orbit that time?I don't think Iran could get the ability before 2025.
Any way ,Best wishes to Iranian friends.If u successfully achieve this in 2018,then ur country will be the fourth one to carry out manned space mission indigenously on earth,that really a great achievement,also far ahead of India

Last edited:
As u said,Iran may carry out the first manned space mission in 2018?
It's really hard to believe,Do u have the qualified rocket such as LM-2F or GSLV MKIII to sent Iranian astronaut to space rather than sub-orbit that time?I don't think Iran could get the ability before 2025.
Any way ,Best wishes to Iranian friends.If u successfully achieve this in 2018,then ur country will be the fourth one to carry out manned space mission indigenously on earth,that really a great achievement,also far ahead of India

Don't get so excited ... this is not orbital ... suborbital ... one person aboard ...

-118-.gif

ISRO heroes recount the chequered cryo mission

bl31_ker_isro1_1738266f.jpg

Felicitation: ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan is felicitated by P Ratnakara Rao, Chairman, Aeronautical Society of India, Thiruvananthapuram chapter, at a function in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday. S Ramakrishnan, Director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, looks on.

The team behind the recent GSLV-D5 mission with a cryogenic engine met here the other day to unwind and reflect on the ‘glorious moments.’

The GSLV-D5 launch vehicle put communication satellite GSAT 14 perfectly into orbit on January 5.

“It is difficult to believe we are meeting here after 20-odd days after the mission,” said S. Ramakrishnan, Director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.

“It is as if we have become immune to both successes and failures, Ramakrishnan said recollecting the not-so-smooth journey to the launch pad.

HORRIFIC MOMENTS

While explaining the uniqueness of what he called a remarkable launch, he also recalled the horrific moments when the team was literally playing with fire.

“For the first time in our launch history, we saw fire engulf the launch pad on August 19 last year,” he said.

The mission, then in an advanced stage of launch, had to be aborted. It sent ISRO team back to the drawing board.

“We found out what exactly happened. We had made very small errors but in space science, margin between success and failure is very, very thin,” Ramakrishnan said.

The failure gave the team a valuable lesson that nothing practically can be left to chance. The failure strengthened its resolve to go to any length for success.

“The text book launch on January 5 shows this,” Ramakrishnan said. The team was able to predict the mission performance and flight diagnostics to the T.

GOOD HANDLE

“We now have a very good handle on the specifics that will be carried to the GSLV Mk III mission next,” he added.

MYS Prasad, Director, Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, recalled that 800 litres of highly volatile propellants had to be drained out in a dangerously tricky operation on August 19.

Hundreds of ISRO staff worked without rest for 24 hours to salvage the launch vehicle and, more importantly, the cryogenic engine and wheel them back to the vehicle assembly.

MC Dathan, Director, Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre, Mahendragiri, said success of the mission shows how important it is to extract the best out of team members.

K. Sivan, Mission Director, GSLV D5, said the mission revealed to the world a mature cryo engine and a most reliable launch vehicle.

Master Control Facility in Bangalore has reported that the GSAT 14 is the best tracked geostationary satellite ensconced firmly in its intended orbit, he added.

ISRO heroes recount the chequered cryo mission | Business Line

ISRO is a model for how Indian public institutions should be run. Hopefully others can learn from them.

Dont be so sure, its plagued by politics, spies and sabotage. Unkil has a hand in all three. ISRO needs to be rebuilt from scratch and be cleansed of its mallu dominance. Our best engineers come from Bihar and UP. They all go to IIT and then the US. Very small footprint of north Indian scientists in ISRO.

Dont be so sure, its plagued by politics, spies and sabotage. Unkil has a hand in all three. ISRO needs to be rebuilt from scratch and be cleansed of its mallu dominance. Our best engineers come from Bihar and UP. They all go to IIT and then the US. Very small footprint of north Indian scientists in ISRO.

It is producing results and that is what matters.

I am a North Indian and it doesn't matter to me what is the composition of ISRO as long as it is Indian. I find such thinking quite shallow and offensive.

It is producing results and that is what matters.

I am a North Indian and it doesn't matter to me what is the composition of ISRO as long as it is Indian. I find such thinking quite shallow and offensive.

No it is not producing results fast enough. It is just as lousy as DRDO. The cryo engine is 20 years late. We are still decades behind. A private company like SpaceX built a rocket from scratch without boosters and sent a higher payload to GEO (Not GTO) in just 5 years. I am grateful to the scientists, but when we have hoax stats like 40% of Nasa scientists ar Indians, its s shame that we will need at least 2 more decades before we build a rocket that has the same capabilitites as the Atlas rocket that the US built almost 6 decades back.

Back
Top Bottom