What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

700 muslims and 300 hindus...you got a point there.

Facts never mattered to the opinionated.

Yes, they did absolutely the right thing in 1947. No need to seek reassurance every bloody second!

The only mistake was leaving the relatives behind...

You can not simply scale up a minor incident to millions.
I am not scaling up anything. F Abdullah says that this is the goal of modi, you say such a massacre is impossible.. I can tell you that with the right motivation and hatred.. it is not.

But you started to post those pictures. . ?:blink:
Yes, as a reference to the post saying that a massacre on that scale is impossible. It is not.

Facts never mattered to the opionionated.

Yes, they did absolutely the right thing in 1947. No need to seek reassurance every bloody second!

The only mistake was leaving the relatives behind...
A perfect example that emotions already exist for the unthinkable to happen. All it takes to turn such supposedly benign hatred into a machete wielding maniac is a few prods in the right direction.

AHMEDABAD: Yet again ruling out any apology for the 2002 Gujarat riots, Narendra Modi on Wednesday said he should be "hanged" in public if there is even a grain of truth in the allegations against him.

An apology would serve no purpose because that is not the right way to deal with such allegations, he said when asked about demands that he should apologize for the post-Godhra riots in which over 1,000 people were killed.

"I am convinced that if there is even a grain of truth in the allegations, I feel for India's bright future and traditions, Modi should be hanged in the street square. There should be such exemplary punishment that no one dares to commit such a crime for 100 years.

"If he has committed a crime, Modi should not be pardoned. What is this system of pardoning people through apology? There should be no apology. Modi should never be pardoned," he told in an interview to ANI.

He said the issue of apology would not have arisen if he had lost the elections in 2002 or 2007. "There is a small coterie who think they have worked hard and created a storm. But Modi does not lose, does not die. It is their (coterie) obsession to pull Modi down," he said.

Asked about the storm created over his "puppy" remarks earlier in reference to his expression of sadness over the killings of Muslims, Modi said even if an ant dies it pains.

"That does not mean I am comparing the dead to an ant. In India, there is a difference between language and expression," he said suggesting that there has been misinterpretation of remarks, which he did not intend.

Asked about his refusal to wear a skull cap during his "sadhbavna" fast a couple of years ago, Modi said he followed his own tradition and respected the traditions of other.

"I am against the policy of appeasement. I will never follow the symbols of appeasement. If someone plays with a Muslim's cap, I will not tolerate. There should be exemplary punishment," he said.

To a question about his recent statements that MLAs and MPs facing cases would be put behind bars, the BJP's PM candidate said criminalization of politics is a serious issue.

If elected to power, he would urge the Supreme Court to appoint special court to try cases of MLAs and MPs against whom criminal cases are pending and deliver a verdict a within a year.

Those convicted will lose their seats and the vacancies can be filled by those without criminal charges, he said.

"Everybody says this but nobody does it. But I have decided to do so. But if there is a better way I will look into it. I do not want that cases against politicians be dragged for long," he said adding he wanted the credibility of institutions be enhanced.

However, he made it clear that he would not work vindictively but utilise his time and energy for doing good things for public at large.

Hang me if I have committed any crime, but no apology, Narendra Modi says - The Times of India

I dont expect it to happen. However, your countryman suggested so that it was impossible in regards to F Abdullah's comment.. I say that it is not impossible to do so.

Whether it will happen or not , is a different argument.

Suggested because that's what Abdullah said - he said "Modi" wants to eliminate all Muslims - he didn't infer that Indians will be supporting him in that, or that 300 million Indians will attempt to kill all the Muslims in India , neither did he say that Indian authorities or its forces will be involved in any killings. To top it off he didn't mention Gujarat.

It's impossible for all intents and purposes and he is clearly talking out of his ***.

BTW, Gujarat was a communal violence from both sides - nothing similar to the govt, judiciary and police aided systematic genocide that's happening in other countries. Indian Muslim population is growing at an exponential pace, and all their fears are just future apprehensions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/opinion/a-risk-to-indias-nuclear-doctrine.html?_r=0

A Risk to India’s Nuclear Doctrine

With India’s national elections in full swing, the campaign promises of the Bharatiya Janata Party, the presumed front-runner to lead the next government, are drawing more scrutiny. Among the more troubling proposals in the party’s election manifesto is one to “revise and update” the country’s nuclear doctrine.

Neither Narendra Modi, the party’s candidate for prime minister, nor any of his allies have fully explained what they have in mind. Some news reports suggest the B.J.P., the Hindu nationalist party, may not just reconsider but jettison India’s “no first use” policy that was adopted in 1999 when the party was previously in power. The policy committed the country to show restraint in not being the first to use nuclear weapons in a conflict.

The lack of clarity about the party’s intentions on this issue introduces more uncertainty into an already unstable region. Should Mr. Modi scuttle the “no first use” policy if he wins, he would exacerbate tensions with China, which subscribes to the policy, and Pakistan, which does not.

The unresolved conflict over Kashmir between India and Pakistan, which have fought three wars since 1947, and the existence of extremist groups in the Afghan-Pakistan border region make any shifts in nuclear policies particularly dangerous.

India and Pakistan, each with about 100 nuclear weapons and building more, have little regular communication, which raises the potential for miscalculation. Pakistan, in fact, has the world’s fastest-growing nuclear arsenal and recently added short-range tactical nuclear weapons that experts say are more likely to be used in battle. That existing threat, however, is not a reason for India to abandon its “no first use” doctrine; its conventional arsenal is far superior to Pakistan’s and sufficient to respond to most threats.

Although the B.J.P. initiated the “no first use” policy in India, a B.J.P.-led government also conducted a series of nuclear tests in 1998. In signaling its willingness to take a more provocative stance toward Pakistan and China, the party does not advance India’s interests.

The current government led by the Congress party has focused somewhat more on developing the country’s civilian nuclear energy sector rather than on nuclear arms. In fact, last week, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh proposed a global framework to promote a “no first use” doctrine among nuclear weapons states, a laudable goal.

Instead of abandoning the “no first use” doctrine, whoever wins the election would do better to commit himself to improving ties with Pakistan and starting an arms control initiative that could lead to a regional equilibrium on these dangerous weapons.

Correction: April 14, 2014
An editorial on Thursday about India’s nuclear policies incorrectly described India’s first nuclear test. It was in 1974, under the National Congress Party. It was not conducted under the Bharatiya Janata Party, which carried out several tests in 1998.

Suggested because that's what Abdullah said - he said "Modi" wants to eliminate all Muslims - he didn't infer that Indians will be supporting him in that, or that 300 million Indians will attempt to kill all the Muslims in India , neither did he say that Indian authorities or its forces will be involved in any killings. To top it off he didn't mention Gujarat.

It's impossible for all intents and purposes and he is clearly talking out of his ***.

BTW, Gujarat was a communal violence from both sides - nothing similar to the govt, judiciary and police aided systematic genocide that's happening in other countries. Indian Muslim population is growing at an exponential pace, and all their fears are just future apprehensions.

But "Modi" is a person slated to come into power and essentially be the most powerful man in India. So it is still possible but that would require drastic events that change the landscape of the Indian state machinery.

Yet is improbable, but not impossible for a genocide of Muslims to occur in India.

A perfect example that emotions already exist for the unthinkable to happen. All it takes to turn such supposedly benign hatred into a machete wielding maniac is a few prods in the right direction.

No, all it needs is a crowd of extremists abusing the people who allow them the kind of freedom that even no Muslim country gives them, especially to the non dominant sects. Anywhere...

If people think that the likes of that Owaisi fil.th abusing Hinduism and a crowd of fil.thy extremist bigots going berserk after that fi.lth is going to win them fans and the same Hindus will think about how to uplift this fil.th, they got it totally wrong.

A lot needs to be corrected in India.

And it will be. This is just the beginning. One should not push the luck too far.

Anyway it will be a few extremist "leaders" who need to be crushed and the rest will fall in line very quick. We have seen how it works.

But "Modi" is a person slated to come into power and essentially be the most powerful man in India. So it is still possible but that would require drastic events that change the landscape of the Indian state machinery.

Yet is improbable, but not impossible for a genocide of Muslims to occur in India.

See, that's where you are wrong, our whole administrative structure is purely secular.

"Modi" as a person, and "BJP" as a national party and the only opposing party to the congress will most likely come into power because of the anti incumbency factor and because of the poor state of the economy and numerous scams and scandals that the last tenure was tainted with.

Modi and BJP are not entering the fray with anything against the muslims of India - if they win and most likely they will their next term will be purely based on their performance.

This whole Muslim bogey is being created by the congress in a communal attempt to bring her prodigal son called pappu to the throne - the Muslims of India are in no danger, were in no danger and will never be in any danger. The muslims of India know that and so does abdullah - hence he is just talking out of his rear.

I am not scaling up anything. F Abdullah says that this is the goal of modi, you say such a massacre is impossible.. I can tell you that with the right motivation and hatred.. it is not.

Even you doing the same is not impossible, right? But knowing you, shall someone think it as a plausible event and start threatening about you since its not impossible?

Scaling up? Yes, since having 0.5% of murderers dont testify a possibility of potential 50% murderers. You cant comment without taking social fabric and moral values of billions into consideration. Its billion number, which makes any scaling even more illogical.

But yes, even God coming to greet me tonight is possible.

Don't be scared Farooq Abdullah, he wont put you behind bars because you are muslim, he will arrest you for rest of the chori chakari you did in your political term.

Back
Top Bottom